Jerry P
21 March 2021 08:20:34

Originally Posted by: ARTzeman 

If one of the weather stations within the CET stations does not send in their details then the CET is not published. 

Ah thanks - that makes more sense although that means three people’s holidays to interrupt the service 😂

West Somerset, 103m asl
ARTzeman
21 March 2021 10:53:46

Met Office Hadley         No Update

Metcheck            5.50c      Anomaly      -0.66c

Netweather         6.08c      Anomaly      -0.23c

Peasedown St John    5.85c   Anomaly   -1.5c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Saint Snow
21 March 2021 22:48:52

Originally Posted by: Gusty 

They're not doing it any more.

It means that the competition is now finished for the year with positions frozen.

I expect GW will be doing an update and announcing the winner for 2021 in due course ! 

You posted this 12 days early 

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
ARTzeman
22 March 2021 11:30:24

Met Office Hadley    NO UPDATE   Maybe 6.5c now?????

Metcheck               5.52c       Anomaly       -0.64c

Netweather            6.15c       Anomaly       -0.16c

Peasedown St John  5.85c    Anomaly     -1.05c.    

Others just get wet.
ARTzeman
23 March 2021 09:47:08

Met Office Hadley         6.3c         Anomaly       1.0c provisional to 21st

Metcheck                      5.6c         Anomaly       -0.60c

Netweather                   6.18c       Anomaly       -0.13c

Peasedown St John     5.87c        Anomaly       -1.03c.          

Others just get wet.
ARTzeman
23 March 2021 11:20:34

Met Office Hadley       6.3c       Anomaly        1.0c   PROVISIONAL TO 22nd.

Others just get wet.
Stormchaser
23 March 2021 21:59:23

What a benign second half to March it's turning out to be - ticking along toward a final CET somewhere close to average, probably a little below rather than above. I'm talking mid-6s °C. Not minded the large amount of 'usable' weather, though .

Recent model runs have been far less benign for April, though. The 12z GFS most notably so, with the opening 8 days averaging in the mid-4s °C by my rough estimate. Wacky weather patterns afoot, perhaps in response to the MJO moving from the Indian Ocean to Indonesia... but we know how often the response gets watered down nearer the time. For the sake of plants and animals widely, I sure hope it does!

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
Gusty
24 March 2021 12:54:07

The lack of Spring warmth has been remarkable down here in stark contrasts to many Marches of the last decade (March 2013 a notable exception).

The highest maximum temperature this month remains just 13.1c, achieved back on the 9th.

To put this into perspective January achieved a high of 13.7c and February 14.2c.

Believe it or not my coldest night of the winter -3.7c occurred this month too. Just beating the -3.6c set at the end of the week long freeze back in early February.

A chill month down on the corner with a mean of 6.4c to date.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

ARTzeman
24 March 2021 13:00:56

Met Office Hadley          6.4c          Anomaly        1.0c. provisional to 23rd.

Metcheck                       5.07c        Anomaly        -0.49c

Netweather                    6.26c        Anomaly        -0.05c

Peasedown St John      5.94c      Anomaly        -0.96c.  

Others just get wet.
Stormchaser
24 March 2021 14:42:15

Originally Posted by: Gusty 

The lack of Spring warmth has been remarkable down here in stark contrasts to many Marches of the last decade (March 2013 a notable exception).

The highest maximum temperature this month remains just 13.1c, achieved back on the 9th.

To put this into perspective January achieved a high of 13.7c and February 14.2c.

Believe it or not my coldest night of the winter -3.7c occurred this month too. Just beating the -3.6c set at the end of the week long freeze back in early February.

A chill month down on the corner with a mean of 6.4c to date.

High pressure sure has tended to be 'west-based' when across the UK this month.

Here in the central-south, a high of 16.5°C on 16th comfortably beat the Jan-Feb peak of 13.6°C set 24th Feb. In fact, it was the joint 10th earliest reaching of that temperature or higher in daily records back to 1973.

It was an outlier event compared to the rest of the month, though, which has been lacking in particularly warm days here too. The next-highest maximum has so far been 13.4°C on 15th and that's the only other day that's got above the 12s °C.

The highs have been very steady in the past week, ranging from 11.1 to 12.7°C. The lows have often been chilly or cold, with 20th reaching 0°C and the past two nights dipping to near 2°C.

Yet overall, the mean temp for 1st-23rd has come in at 6.79°C, 0.06°C above the 1991-2020 average. With so many warm Marches in recent years, it's been easy to forget how cool the normal is, even of the most recent 30 years!

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Gusty
24 March 2021 14:56:38

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

High pressure sure has tended to be 'west-based' when across the UK this month.

Here in the central-south, a high of 16.5°C on 16th comfortably beat the Jan-Feb peak of 13.6°C set 24th Feb. In fact, it was the joint 10th earliest reaching of that temperature or higher in daily records back to 1973.

It was an outlier event compared to the rest of the month, though, which has been lacking in particularly warm days here too. The next-highest maximum has so far been 13.4°C on 15th and that's the only other day that's got above the 12s °C.

The highs have been very steady in the past week, ranging from 11.1 to 12.7°C. The lows have often been chilly or cold, with 20th reaching 0°C and the past two nights dipping to near 2°C.

Yet overall, the mean temp for 1st-23rd has come in at 6.79°C, 0.06°C above the 1991-2020 average. With so many warm Marches in recent years, it's been easy to forget how cool the normal is, even of the most recent 30 years!

It's been a funny ole month Stormchaser. I wonder surprises April may have up its sleeve ?  

Steve - Folkestone, Kent

Spring Sun Winter Dread
25 March 2021 08:53:43
The period 1997-2003 was incredible for mild Marches (01 being the odd one out). For me that run fundamentally altered my expectations of the month .
It's calmed down a bit since then with a couple of very warm months in 2012 and 2017 but also some very cold ones to balance it out (06,13,18).
IMBY it is now rare to get through March without a 15C+ day. Even the coldest Marches seem to manage it now but this year we are struggling
ARTzeman
25 March 2021 11:34:49

Met Office Hadley           6.5c          Anomaly       1.1c provisional to 24th

MetCheck                       5.76c         Anomaly       -0.40c

Netweather                     6.36c         Anomaly      0.07c

Peasedown St John       6.0c          Anomaly       -0.9c.     

Others just get wet.
Global Warming
25 March 2021 21:44:45

My latest CET estimate is 6.29C up to today.

Despite a cooler couple of days coming up it then looks very mild to end the month.

Currently, I am estimating a final March CET of exactly 7.00C.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
26 March 2021 06:16:28

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Despite a cooler couple of days coming up it then looks very mild to end the month.

That’s just a tad too high for me but should keep me somewhere near the top.  Now that’s a turn up for the books.  It can’t last!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
26 March 2021 09:25:16

The last 3 days of the month should even things out with higher temperatures 

Others just get wet.
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
26 March 2021 10:08:12

Originally Posted by: Caz 

That’s just a tad too high for me but should keep me somewhere near the top.  Now that’s a turn up for the books.  It can’t last!  

That's a relief for me after last month. May be this is your year Caz? 

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
Stormchaser
26 March 2021 10:45:35

Originally Posted by: Global Warming 

Cheers GW . Looks like it was my turn to be one of the lucky ones. The first step on a very big staircase for me .

GFS continues to trend warmer, seemingly playing catch-up to ECM which, notably, keeps warm weather going through 31st for much of England instead of dropping temps like a stone.

Talk about a late rally... not long ago I was thinking mid-6s for the final CET!

Gusty
26 March 2021 10:59:39

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

Cheers GW . Looks like it was my turn to be one of the lucky ones. The first step on a very big staircase for me .

GFS continues to trend warmer, seemingly playing catch-up to ECM which, notably, keeps warm weather going through 31st for much of England instead of dropping temps like a stone.

Talk about a late rally... not long ago I was thinking mid-6s for the final CET!

..and the only way I can go at the moment is downwards ! 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent

ARTzeman
26 March 2021 12:07:59

Met Office Hadley            6.6c           Anomaly         1.2c.  provisional to 25th

Metcheck                         5.91c         Anomaly           -0.25c

Netweather                      6.46c         Anomaly           0.17c

Peasedown St John        6.3c          Anomaly         -0.6c.      

Others just get wet.