Joe Bloggs
24 January 2021 22:37:06

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

Doubt Buxton did that well today, too far north for more than a dusting. Might have had existing snow though . Derby across to Leicester/Peterborough seems to have been the best spot today.

Buxton had about 15cm from the Irish Sea showers yesterday, higher parts of the town did at least. 

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL

Rob K
24 January 2021 22:40:34
Looks like the band is disintegrating just as it reaches here. Radar suggests it is here but nothing falling.
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." โ€” Jerome K. Jerome
Tim A
24 January 2021 22:44:53

Originally Posted by: Joe Bloggs 

Buxton had about 15cm from the Irish Sea showers yesterday, higher parts of the town did at least. 

Fantastic , bet it is still in perfect condition given how cold it has been north of the precipitation today.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

tallyho_83
24 January 2021 22:47:41

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Looks like the band is disintegrating just as it reaches here. Radar suggests it is here but nothing falling.

Yes looks like it's becoming more fragmented as it moves southwards. Still not bad for some? I think Marcus saw the most out of this?

I wish there were more people reporting from the SW.

I think 'Squish' is still on here - but we use to have reports from DarrenS, Adrian (Dawlish), Festivalking, Gaz (Torquay) etc but seems like just myself and 'roadrunneraj' reporting from the SW, because there are parts of Devon/Cornwall and of course Somerset that had a lot of snow today even at my parents in N Devon had a smattering in Braunton this morning. Of course no big deal but we are a bit 'isolated and left out' - not just with snow but the fact there are very few members.

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

redmoons
24 January 2021 22:51:54
moderate snowfall, covered where the snow was cleared before.

0.8c with -1.3c DP

Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

Joe Bloggs
24 January 2021 22:56:06

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

Fantastic , bet it is still in perfect condition given how cold it has been north of the precipitation today.

I bet the southern Peak District is a proper winter wonderland - shame it’s out of bounds at the moment. 

ARTzeman
24 January 2021 22:57:33
Light snow falling in Peasedown St John.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Jim-55
24 January 2021 23:19:06

Snowing again in Frome, very small flakes at the moment. Temperature hovering just above freezing .2C

Previously JimC. joined back then in 2009. Frome, N/E Somerset, 125mtrs asl.
snowish
25 January 2021 01:00:57

Had a fall of snow sat morn, 2cm ish. So good to see T'other lot get some sledgin time

Cheers Paul. S

Paul S, Burnley
Bolty
25 January 2021 03:31:14

Snow on all surfaces outside at the moment. The temperature had fell to below -3°C when I went to sleep, so the ground was frozen solid, allowing it to properly stick everywhere. Looking at the radar it fell at about 01:45.

Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
KevBrads1
25 January 2021 05:23:12

Quite a shock this morning, -5.8C and looked out the window and see everything covered in snow.

MANCHESTER SUMMER INDEX for 2021: 238
Timelapses, old weather forecasts and natural phenomena videos can be seen on this site
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrSD1BwFz2feWDTydhpEhQ/playlists
KevBrads1
25 January 2021 06:45:46

MANCHESTER SUMMER INDEX for 2021: 238
Timelapses, old weather forecasts and natural phenomena videos can be seen on this site
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrSD1BwFz2feWDTydhpEhQ/playlists
Joe Bloggs
25 January 2021 07:30:31

Yes more snow here this morning, just fantastic. Clearly fell when it was comfortably below freezing. Gonna try and get out in it before work.

Not a lot but another covering to add to the list.

marco 79
25 January 2021 07:40:25
Winter wonderland here..-5c...16cm of powdery snow measured on back lawn..Proper old school event yesterday...shame it's all going to be a distant memory by Weds...
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
TPentlow
25 January 2021 07:47:10
Had an amazing day of snow yesterday. Probably the heaviest single snowfall Iโ€™ve seen since 2013, it snowed from 10:30 till 20:30 and heavy for most of that, I measured 16cm here in North Northamptonshire this morning, the village looks more like an alpine village today.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
25 January 2021 08:06:36
Another slight covering here in wirral.

3rd day on the trot we have had a coverung of snow.

Of course covering is pushing it. Barely 1mm of anow... but everything is white.
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
25 January 2021 08:11:38
About 2cm fell here in the early hours. One of the benefits of overnight snow and starting work at 6am is that I get to walk in pristine snow cover. It almost seems a shame to disturb it!
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
Rob K
25 January 2021 08:15:38
Still complete cover on undisturbed lawns and some shaded paths this morning. Saw a few light flakes in the streetlights just before 11pm but no further accumulation as the ppn had more or less disintegrated by then.

Current temp -3 and a clear sky. Last โ€œwintryโ€ feeling day for a little while now I think.
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." โ€” Jerome K. Jerome
Saint Snow
25 January 2021 09:17:20

Originally Posted by: Joe Bloggs 

Yes more snow here this morning, just fantastic. Clearly fell when it was comfortably below freezing. Gonna try and get out in it before work.

Not a lot but another covering to add to the list.

Just a dusting here - but so cold overnight that on some surfaces I can see individual flakes in pristine state. Very pretty. 

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
25 January 2021 09:45:17

Originally Posted by: KevBrads1 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-CWPjPGCPY

That's a great recording. I love seeing the starts 'moving' across the sky followed by the moon. Then the snow and finally moon set. 

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)