ozone_aurora
20 November 2021 17:45:02

Aren't earthquakes normal for central & western Scotland (though usually small ones)? For example, Comrie area used to have frequent earthquake swarms in 18th & 19th centuries, I seem to recall.

Boardshark
22 February 2022 13:01:23
small earthquake in Walsall, West Midlands last night. 7km depth but no issues.
449ft Sutton Coldfield, West MIdlands
CreweCold
16 April 2022 20:40:21

Originally Posted by: LeedsLad123 

Didn't feel anything here. Must be too far away.

I slept through the 2008 one so I have yet to experience what an earthquake feels like.

Just reading this thread for the first time.

I experienced the 2008 earthquake. It was weird...I could actually hear it before I felt it. It was like a deep rumble that got closer. 

It was quite amusing actually, was 19 at the time and dad came marching up the stairs asking what I was doing to vibrate the house...I had two huge floor standing speakers at the time so I guess he thought it was the bass from those! 

Crewe, Cheshire

55 metres above sea level

Saint Snow
19 April 2022 10:39:14

Originally Posted by: CreweCold 

Just reading this thread for the first time.

I experienced the 2008 earthquake. It was weird...I could actually hear it before I felt it. It was like a deep rumble that got closer. 

It was quite amusing actually, was 19 at the time and dad came marching up the stairs asking what I was doing to vibrate the house...I had two huge floor standing speakers at the time so I guess he thought it was the bass from those! 

Didn't get that one here.

The two I most remember are one in the late 1980's with I think Wrexham as the epicentre. Happened early'ish one morning when I was just getting up for school/work. The other was in the early 00's and hit Manchester where I was at work. A colleague put his hands over his head and we all took the p*ss. 

Martin

Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)

A TWO addict since 14/12/01

"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."

Aneurin Bevan

DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
22 June 2022 07:32:09

Magnitude 6.1 quake in Afghanistan near Pakistan border; 280 deaths and counting. Afghanistan could do without this; it has enough problems already

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-61890804

"Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim" - another weather pangram
ARTzeman
22 June 2022 10:19:57

930 Deaths. 600 Injured . A whole village was destroyed.

Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

Gavin D
17 September 2022 14:14:42

6.6-magnitude earthquake in Taiwan the epicentre was in Taitung Guanshan in the south east

Steve
23 November 2022 13:44:27

Surprised there is no mention of the Cianjur earthquake.

A Child Buried in Cianjur Earthquake Rubble Found Alive after 3 Days - News En.tempo.co

It's an area I know very well