johncs2016
27 September 2021 14:36:37
The Sun eventually came out, but there are still occasional showers coming through the Forth-Clyde Valley and then reaching us here in Edinburgh at times, and these are still turning out to be heavy on the odd occasion.

The temperature at 2pm was around 12ºC here in Edinburgh, but this is now much more like autumn as it should be, and even how I remember it in the past.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
lanky
27 September 2021 14:48:02

Originally Posted by: Roger Parsons 

Bit late this - sorry. I went to my 10am exercise class this morning. On arrival found myself parking in conditions which can only be described as "Biblical" and torrential. I have seldom seen such a downpour anywhere in the world - it was like waves breaking on the car. Very squally too. Lasted about 10 minutes before easing.

Hi Roger

There was a mention on the R4 weather forecast that there was severe weather / tornados in your area earlier on today

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021-09-27/homes-and-vehicles-damaged-in-north-east-lincolnshire-tornado

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
ARTzeman
27 September 2021 14:52:22

Heavy downpour then the sun shines. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
richardabdn
27 September 2021 15:55:12

Everywhere had a wet start to the day which rapidly cleared to sunshine. Except here where the rain stuck around all day like a bad smell only clearing in late afternoon. The clearance then lasted all of 40 minutes before the sky filled with more grubby grey grot 

No heavy rain rates at all. Just steady miserable light rubbish that went on for hours but only totalled 9.2mm.

An absolutely revolting Local Holiday Monday that was the worst of the eight reprehensible public holidays we've endured over the past two years. Can't even recall one year where all four were stinkers never mind two on the trot 

Temperature down to just 8.1C as well at 1:30pm - the same pitiful level it was at on the May Holiday Monday 

Risen to 11.1C now though and it will probably not even get as low as 8.1C overnight 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
27 September 2021 16:27:29

The Nothe Fort in Weymouth has an anemometer used to see if it's too dangerous for visitors to walk on the ramparts.

Last night it recorded just over 62mph winds. Force 10. There's no weather station proper which is something I'd like to see...

Some proper showers this afternoon with impressive cloudscapes. When I got home it's been dry.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Roger Parsons
27 September 2021 16:45:33

Originally Posted by: lanky 

Hi Roger

There was a mention on the R4 weather forecast that there was severe weather / tornados in your area earlier on today

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2021-09-27/homes-and-vehicles-damaged-in-north-east-lincolnshire-tornado

Thanks for that, lanky. Much appreciated. It was certainly that quality of event - like being in a car wash! However, we were in the middle of Lincolnshire, so perhaps a different event to the one reported in NE Lincolnshire. We live 20 minutes away from the place we experienced this, and there was nothing similar reported here. The place seemed quite dry when we got back.  I'll see what pops up on the evening news.

Roger

RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
johncs2016
27 September 2021 22:41:51
The earlier showers have died away now to leave us with a clear night which we haven't seen for a while.

Today's maximum temperature was 13.1ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 13.4ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh which makes today the coolest day of this autumn so far by quite a considerable amount.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11pm tonight was around 10ºC here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.