johncs2016
30 June 2019 11:56:49

Originally Posted by: Hungry Tiger 

John - If you're unhappy with the forum - feel free to leave. I've removed two of your quite offending posts. I'm issuing a ban warning to you.

Any more of those types of posts and you account will be locked for a number of days.

It wasn't so much the forum as a whole that I was unhappy with and indeed, I very much enjoy producing the content which I provide elsewhere on this forum such as on the daily CC threads and monthly PW threads. I know that other members also enjoy reading that content as they have said so themselves in the past.

What I was unhappy with here was the unofficial rules of the CET competition. I know that this is a separate matter from the forum itself but since the CET competition was created within this forum, it is therefore a part of this forum. This in turn means that my views on the CET competition then have an impact on my views of the entire forum as a result.

By removing myself from that competition, I have therefore broken that link by no longer being part of this competition and this means that this will now no longer have any impact on what I do within this forum as a whole. That way, I can then enjoy the rest of this forum as I have been doing without anything else getting in the way of that.

I will of course heed your warning and will do everything that I can to remain within the forum rules from now on although this does mean that I will be a lot more careful about what I post here from now on. In the meantime, I will apologise once again for any offence which I may have caused.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Hungry Tiger
30 June 2019 12:45:23

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

It wasn't so much the forum as a whole that I was unhappy with and indeed, I very much enjoy producing the content which I provide elsewhere on this forum such as on the daily CC threads and monthly PW threads. I know that other members also enjoy reading that content as they have said so themselves in the past.

What I was unhappy with here was the unofficial rules of the CET competition. I know that this is a separate matter from the forum itself but since the CET competition was created within this forum, it is therefore a part of this forum. This in turn means that my views on the CET competition then have an impact on my views of the entire forum as a result.

By removing myself from that competition, I have therefore broken that link by no longer being part of this competition and this means that this will now no longer have any impact on what I do within this forum as a whole. That way, I can then enjoy the rest of this forum as I have been doing without anything else getting in the way of that.

I will of course heed your warning and will do everything that I can to remain within the forum rules from now on although this does mean that I will be a lot more careful about what I post here from now on. In the meantime, I will apologise once again for any offence which I may have caused.

Thnaks for your apology John.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

johncs2016
30 June 2019 12:50:13

Originally Posted by: Hungry Tiger 

Thnaks for your apology John.

Thanks and course, I'm sure you probably know that I wouldn't actually leave this forum anyway because if it really was the case that I didn't like this forum and was unhappy with it, I would have left it a long time ago and then never looked back on that afterwards.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Saint Snow
01 July 2019 09:11:02

In case anyone's interested, I've gone for something which is roughly around 1°C above the 1981-2010 average.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Rob K
01 July 2019 11:30:14
Did I miss a change in closing date? I thought the last monthly comps closed on the 1st or 2nd of the month in question, but it seems I have missed the boat on this one!
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
ARTzeman
01 July 2019 11:35:13

The deadline was published in post number 1 . For this month.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Saint Snow
01 July 2019 12:11:59

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Did I miss a change in closing date? I thought the last monthly comps closed on the 1st or 2nd of the month in question, but it seems I have missed the boat on this one!

You should still send your entry; there's only very modest penalties for slightly late predictions/guesses.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Bertwhistle
01 July 2019 15:44:19

Originally Posted by: Roger Parsons 

A dignified deletion of your last line would be a good idea, John.

The "piranhas" of TWO thrive on spoiling the atmosphere to massage their self image and are best starved of responses. My policy is to use "hide user" and ignore them for a good while, only restoring them to view when they come to heel in a "Quote". It is only about 6 people who qualify, and on a good day some can show as bright and affable folks. Blood sugar levels perhaps? Surplus testosterone? It can't just be innate nastiness. Can it?

Roger

That's what I've done Roger, as I was getting a virtual earache!  But as you say, it still comes back and haunts me in quotes. Can you get a hide quote of hidden poster feature?

To the competition then! Can't wait to see if the new approach has an impact on guesses; but GW is away for a while, so we will have to enjoy the anticipation. 

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
01 July 2019 15:55:24

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

That's what I've done Roger, as I was getting a virtual earache!  But as you say, it still comes back and haunts me in quotes. Can you get a hide quote of hidden poster feature?

To the competition then! Can't wait to see if the new approach has an impact on guesses; but GW is away for a while, so we will have to enjoy the anticipation. 

Same here!

Erm, hang on, the new scoring isn’t being implemented until next year!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Bertwhistle
01 July 2019 15:58:26

Originally Posted by: Caz 

Same here!

Erm, hang on, the new scoring isn’t being implemented until next year!  

And that's after I did read all the previous conversation. 

(Almost)

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Windy Willow
01 July 2019 16:33:09

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Send it in anyway, I sent mine this morning so will be incurring a penalty too. Not that I'm too bothered as I'm nowhere near the top so it won't make much difference to me 

119.4 m /391.7 feet asl
Sunny Dartford, NW Kent

Don't feed the Trolls!! When starved of attention they return to their dark caves or the dark recesses of bridges and will turn back to stone, silent again!
ARTzeman
02 July 2019 10:36:19

Met Office Hadley         16.5c.      Anomaly      0.8c provisional to 1st.

Metcheck                      15.08c     Anomaly      -1.38c

Netweather                   16.8c       Anomaly      -0.26c

Mean of my 10 stations   15.17c Difference    -2.52c.

Others just get wet.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
02 July 2019 15:36:32

A decent start to the month and looks set to rise this week at least. 

ARTzeman
03 July 2019 10:58:34

Met Office Hadley        15.5c.       Anomaly      -0.2c. Provisional to 2nd.

Metcheck                     14.92c      Anomaly      -1.55c 

Netweather                  16.9c        Anomaly      -0.88c

Mean of my 10 stations 14.96.    Anomaly    -2.73c.      

Others just get wet.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
03 July 2019 11:26:56

Is that right Art?  It’s gone down a whole degree since yesterday!  

Possibly the residual heat from the weekend!  

Dingle Rob
03 July 2019 13:26:35

Warm by day but some quite chilly nights at present.

Stormchaser
03 July 2019 13:58:38

Originally Posted by: Dingle Rob 

Good observation 

For the next 7 days, based on today's model runs so far, the nights look to be mostly high single digits to low teens, with the days high teens to low twenties.

This looks to average out near or slightly below the long-term average, placing the CET somewhere between 15.5 and 15.9*C for 1st-9th.

Signs of a warm-up to follow, e.g. FV3 06z is good for a CET in the high 16s *C for 1st-14th, but too far out to be confident in yet. Trends are encouraging, though, if you prefer temps to be regularly reaching at least the mid-20s by day (and don't have a big urban heat island effect like London).

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
03 July 2019 14:45:39

Originally Posted by: Dingle Rob 

Yes that’s true.  

I was thinking it was the 4th today and we’d already had two high readings and wondered why the third had suddenly gone down!  Doh!  

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
03 July 2019 14:52:34

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

Good observation 

For the next 7 days, based on today's model runs so far, the nights look to be mostly high single digits to low teens, with the days high teens to low twenties.

This looks to average out near or slightly below the long-term average, placing the CET somewhere between 15.5 and 15.9*C for 1st-9th.

Signs of a warm-up to follow, e.g. FV3 06z is good for a CET in the high 16s *C for 1st-14th, but too far out to be confident in yet. Trends are encouraging, though, if you prefer temps to be regularly reaching at least the mid-20s by day (and don't have a big urban heat island effect like London).

I like low to mid 20’s during the day but I value my sleep, so nights of high single digits would be perfect!  

ARTzeman
03 July 2019 15:47:40

Checked it on the DAILY DATA as well it is correct. 

Others just get wet.