Jim-55
28 April 2019 09:01:05

Storm Hanna didn't affect here too much, I recorded my gardens strongest gust of 21mph at 03:30 previous night but on the whole felt like just a normal windy April day and a couple of light showers to go with it. What did strike me as strange though is what stripped thousands of lush green leaves off the trees, there was a carpet of them all over the place, there must have been an almighty gust of wind that I didn't record during the night, I mean good strong leaves that looked as though they'd been cut with scissors, I can't say that I've ever seen that before, another strange thing, nothing was blown around on the ground, so what ever happened it was higher up from ground level. Thought I'd mention it maybe someone else witnessed the same thing.

Previously JimC. joined back then in 2009. Frome, N/E Somerset, 125mtrs asl.
Bolty
28 April 2019 11:28:19

Originally Posted by: KevBrads1 

Rostherne near Manchester Airport recorded about 33mm from 6am to 6am today. That is very wet for April.

Quite a big contrast across Manchester then, it seems. My station recorded 11.9mm during the same time frame.

Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
Russwirral
28 April 2019 20:12:22

Originally Posted by: Bolty 

Quite a big contrast across Manchester then, it seems. My station recorded 11.9mm during the same time frame.

We had approx 40mm... and conditions didnt change for a whole.24 hrs... might not have been the strongest winda... but this storm packed a prolonged punch which has made a right mess of the roads around here.

Womt be mich fruit om the trees come autumn. Most of the blossom was swept away.