Tim A
Saturday, July 3, 2021 8:56:28 PM
Some thunder and lightning here but nothing too dramatic, east Leeds might be getting hit hard.
Tim

NW Leeds

187m asl

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
Saturday, July 3, 2021 9:07:46 PM

Well, that really was a storm and a half.  We could hear the hail and thunder above the football and I was torn between watching the lightning or the match!  We do well for storms here but this one hit us with everything and really rattled the windows.  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition  

LeedsLad123
Saturday, July 3, 2021 9:10:48 PM

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

Some thunder and lightning here but nothing too dramatic, east Leeds might be getting hit hard.

A decent storm here, though nothing on par with that amazing storm back in May (everything will look weak compared to that though). 21mm of rain from it, almost as much as we got for all of June!

Moved away now, still rumbling and flashing to the north. 

Whitkirk, Leeds - 85m ASL.
ozone_aurora
Saturday, July 3, 2021 11:24:39 PM

Originally Posted by: ozone_aurora 

Big thunderstorm heading for Sheffield.

Not so big by time it arrived here. There some thunder and lightning but nothing too dramatic.

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
Sunday, July 4, 2021 6:10:07 AM

Originally Posted by: ozone_aurora 

Not so big by time it arrived here. There some thunder and lightning but nothing too dramatic.

You were right though, it definitely was big and it was heading your way but I think it stalled and burnt over us.  It rumbled at a distance for over an hour but when it arrived over us the power and length of it took us by surprise.  The driving hail was so intense we temporarily lost satellite reception and it’s damaged a lot of plants in the garden.  Great storm though!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition. Discuss monthly temperatures and records.CET competition  

Roger Parsons
Sunday, July 4, 2021 6:51:25 AM
12mm in the rain gauge this morning after a good overnight rattling!

Roger

RogerP

West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire

Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.

William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830

GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
Sunday, July 4, 2021 9:06:54 AM
Some thundery showers came through yesterday early afternoon in Langford , North Somerset yesterday afternoon around 2.30pm.
Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)

Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)

Bolty
Sunday, July 4, 2021 10:38:57 AM
Torrential rain here at the moment and feeling very muggy.
Scott

Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.

My weather station 

johncs2016
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:28:42 PM

Here in the north of Edinburgh, I have just heard a rumble of thunder in the distance, and there is a line of very bright echoes showing up on the latest rain radar maps just to my SW.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.

johncs2016
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:31:17 PM
I'm now hearing some more rumbles of thunder here.
The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.

noodle doodle
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:37:38 PM
Absolutely tonking it down in South Edinburgh. I'm back garden camping, the noise of the rain is deafening
johncs2016
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:39:19 PM
The thunder is getting louder here in Edinburgh and according to the latest radar maps, it looks as though the south of Edinburgh is already getting some torrential rain which appears to be heading in this direction.

Joe Bloggs
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:54:36 PM

I can hear distant thunder now despite the sun shining. 

Lots of storms to my south , could be interesting in an hour or so. 

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL

Bolty
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:58:30 PM
Some storms skirting around here. Can hear distant, low thunder.
Scott

Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.

My weather station 

Joe Bloggs
Sunday, July 4, 2021 3:59:01 PM

Just noticed overhead a Jet2 flight LS832 taking an unusual approach into Manchester Airport - obviously due to the storms. 

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL