Bertwhistle
10 July 2022 14:47:09

And now 15.9C to 9th. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/hadobs/hadcet/cet_info_mean.html

 


Bertie, Itchen Valley.

Definition of disappointment: brown birch bolete

ARTzeman
11 July 2022 10:33:17

Metcheck                16.42c           Anomaly          -0.05c

Netweather             17.06c           Anomaly          0.56c

Peasedown St John  16.65c          Anomaly          -0.85c.




Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

TimS
  • TimS
  • Advanced Member
11 July 2022 14:11:23

Met Office: 16.2C to the 10th (+0.2C). Finally we are above average for the month.

Considering how nice July has been so far it's a testament to the dryness of the airmass and hence the relatively cold nights, as well as the West-centred nature of the CET in a month where East has been best. 


Brockley, South East London 30m asl
springsunshine
12 July 2022 08:46:22

Originally Posted by: TimS 

Met Office: 16.2C to the 10th (+0.2C). Finally we are above average for the month.

Considering how nice July has been so far it's a testament to the dryness of the airmass and hence the relatively cold nights, as well as the West-centred nature of the CET in a month where East has been best. 

Given the way the models are looking an 18c+ july is now well possible.

ARTzeman
12 July 2022 10:56:13

Metcheck          17.04c       Anolmaly      0.58c.

Netweather       17.54c       Anomaly       1.1c

Peasedwn St John   17.63c  Anomaly       -0.13c.   




Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

Hungry Tiger
12 July 2022 13:43:10

Originally Posted by: ARTzeman 

Metcheck          17.04c       Anolmaly      0.58c.

Netweather       17.54c       Anomaly       1.1c

Peasedwn St John   17.63c  Anomaly       -0.13c.   

Didn't take long to hump that over 17.0C


Gavin S. FRmetS.

TWO Moderator.

Contact the TWO team - twomoderationteam@gmail.com

South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.



Bertwhistle
12 July 2022 18:52:17

Hadley 16.6C to 11th, as predicted. I reckon today's heat will move it to 16.8 or 16.9 followed by a slight levelling. When we get to the end of the week it will be low 17s and mid month. A meteoric short term rise to between 17.4 and 17.6 by Tuesday then very uncertain.


Bertie, Itchen Valley.

Definition of disappointment: brown birch bolete

Rob K
13 July 2022 06:28:11
Models suggesting another plume maybe at the end of next week. Could we get a 19C?
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl

"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome

Ally Pally Snowman
13 July 2022 06:42:52

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Models suggesting another plume maybe at the end of next week. Could we get a 19C?

Think we'll be well into the 19s by the 24th. The final week could be iffy though.

 


Bishop's Stortford 85m ASL.
ARTzeman
13 July 2022 11:39:21

Metcheck          17.40c   Anomaly  0.94c

Metcheck          18.02c   Anomaly  1.53c

Peasedown St John  17.61c   Anomaly  0.31c.  




Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

Gavin D
13 July 2022 13:46:11

Hadley

 

17.0c to the 12th

1.0c above the 61 to 90 average
0.7c above the 81 to 10 average

ARTzeman
14 July 2022 10:38:53

Metcheck             17.37c         Anomaly     0.91c

Netweather          18.14c         Anomaly      0.91c

Peasedown St John 17.85c      Anomaly       0.55c.  




Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

Rob K
14 July 2022 19:13:06

Monday is surely going to be a strong contender for the hottest CET day ever, and by some margin?

The record to beat is 25.2C (set on 29 Jul 1948 & 25 Jul 2019).

Looking at the UKV, even a conservative estimate would have a max for the CET area of 36C and a minimum of 21C, giving a mean of 28.5C.

Taking the more extreme end of a 38C max and a 22C minimum we would end up with a 30C CET day, which is just ridiculous to contemplate. 


Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl

"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome

Gavin D
14 July 2022 20:07:45

Hadley

 

17.1c to the 13th

1.1c above the 61 to 90 average
0.8c above the 81 to 10 average

Spring Sun Winter Dread
14 July 2022 20:40:54
It would be going some for the average of the CET station maxes to be 38C though

Surprising to see 1948 holding that joint record still .. it's not a heatwave that gets mentioned very often now but has survived several smashings of the record UK temperature...

lanky
14 July 2022 21:02:20

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Monday is surely going to be a strong contender for the hottest CET day ever, and by some margin?

The record to beat is 25.2C (set on 29 Jul 1948 & 25 Jul 2019).

Looking at the UKV, even a conservative estimate would have a max for the CET area of 36C and a minimum of 21C, giving a mean of 28.5C.

Taking the more extreme end of a 38C max and a 22C minimum we would end up with a 30C CET day, which is just ridiculous to contemplate. 

I think some of these historical data were slighly altered when CET 2.0.0 was started a few weeks ago

Just to be a bit pedantic, the leader on its own now is 25 July 2019 at 25.3C

(12/08/2020 is 2nd at 25.2C and 29/07/1948 3rd at 25.1C)

As one of the 3 CET locations is in Lancashire I am not sure a combined average max of 36C is goint to be that easy - but should be interestung to see

 


Martin

Richmond, Surrey

Rob K
14 July 2022 21:37:20

Originally Posted by: lanky 

 

As one of the 3 CET locations is in Lancashire I am not sure a combined average max of 36C is goint to be that easy - but should be interestung to see

 

I was going by the UKV grid points for the CET locations. If it goes as modelled then the widespread nature of the heat would be amazing. Even a max of 35 and min of 18 would smash the record by over 1 degree. 


Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl

"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome

LeedsLad123
14 July 2022 21:40:25

Originally Posted by: lanky 

 

I think some of these historical data were slighly altered when CET 2.0.0 was started a few weeks ago

Just to be a bit pedantic, the leader on its own now is 25 July 2019 at 25.3C

(12/08/2020 is 2nd at 25.2C and 29/07/1948 3rd at 25.1C)

As one of the 3 CET locations is in Lancashire I am not sure a combined average max of 36C is goint to be that easy - but should be interestung to see

 

Manchester is forecast to be 34C on Tuesday as per the BBC, while the GFS shows 40C around there. I know the Lancashire site is north of Manchester but it gives you an idea of how widespread the exceptional heat is forecast to be. 


Whitkirk, Leeds - 85m ASL.
ARTzeman
15 July 2022 10:58:29

Metcheck       17.28c         Anomaly       0.82c

Netweather    18.05c         Anomaly       1.56c

Peasedown St John  17.88c  Anomaly     0.58c. 




Some people walk in the rain.

Others just get wet.

I Just Blow my horn or trumpet

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
15 July 2022 12:15:52

Originally Posted by: Rob K 

Monday is surely going to be a strong contender for the hottest CET day ever, and by some margin?

The record to beat is 25.2C (set on 29 Jul 1948 & 25 Jul 2019).

Looking at the UKV, even a conservative estimate would have a max for the CET area of 36C and a minimum of 21C, giving a mean of 28.5C.

Taking the more extreme end of a 38C max and a 22C minimum we would end up with a 30C CET day, which is just ridiculous to contemplate. 

  Not looking forward to it, as I don’t sleep well in heat.  But it excites me from a record point of view!  
What is the record CET for July?  I’m sure we’re well on our way to that!  


Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.

Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.

Users browsing this topic

    Ads