Wind S near gale force, gusting to strong gale

Temp 10.7C

Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
30 September 2022 06:42:57

1.8C at 2am but 8C with low cloud and strengthening wind now.
We look due for rain from 1pm until 5pm which should further ease the ongoing low water supplies problem

NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
30 September 2022 07:12:50

A chilly 5C earlier and clear but clouding over from west with light SW wind.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Surrey John
30 September 2022 07:19:36
Cold, Was rather misty/foggy until about 07:30 with temperature of 6.3c

Brightening up a bit now

Bradford on Avon, Wiltshire
35m ASL
Lionel Hutz
30 September 2022 07:32:39
Moderate rain. 13.4c. Fresh to strong Southwesterlies.
Lionel Hutz
Nr.Waterford , S E Ireland
68m ASL

dagspot
30 September 2022 07:51:50
heavy rain gusty winds temp 11.dc
Neilston 600ft ASL
Roger Parsons
30 September 2022 08:17:23

Fog. Light wind. 11degC.

RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
ARTzeman
30 September 2022 08:24:42

Sun has disappeared for a few days. Winds and rain are expected this afternoon.

10.0c. Humidity 86% Rh Pressure 1008 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
30 September 2022 10:07:45

After a fine sunny start, high cloud is now creeping in from the west but winds are still calm at the moment. Will be a different story by the end of today.

A mild-feeling 16.6 C & high 60% H.

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
30 September 2022 10:57:16

Very windy with moderate but fairly persistent rain falling here in Edinburgh.

The wind at Edinburgh Gogarbank was gusting up to a maximum of 42.6mph from the SSW as at 11am BST (10:00 UTC) this morning and with today being the last day of the month, that is already enough for today to go down as our windiest day of this month in the overall final statistics regardless of what happens during the rest of today, and that wind still appears to be getting even stronger at times as I write so the final figure for that highest gust might yet end up being even higher in those final statistics than what I have reported here.

Last night started off on a chilly note but once again, it clouded over with the wind starting to pick up before we even had a chance to get even close to getting a ground frost.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 8.3°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 9.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh with those temperatures being recorded quite early in yesterday evening before the temperature then started to go back up again as it clouded over with the wind picking up.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11am BST (10:00 UTC) was around 12°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
30 September 2022 11:36:52

A few spots of rain on the edge of the main band but I can't see this band producing meaningful/useful rain IMBY. Based on what is currently showing on the radar. 

The Met Office predict three or four hours of heavy rain for this afternoon though.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Bolty
30 September 2022 13:26:09
Windy, heavy rain and very cool, at 10.7°C currently. We've not had a day like this for a while.
Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
Tim A
30 September 2022 13:30:28

Originally Posted by: Bolty 

Windy, heavy rain and very cool, at 10.7°C currently. We've not had a day like this for a while.

Yep I was thinking the same, a true autumnal day with plenty of rain , 10.7c here too.  

All the rain in September has come in short bursts unlike today. 

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Gusty
30 September 2022 14:11:02

Cloudy, windy, dry.

16.6c

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

speckledjim
30 September 2022 14:23:35
Rain clearing 11.7c
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
Rob K
30 September 2022 14:27:15
Properly grim here, cold and windy with rain lashing at the windows. Just the weekend to be moving back into a house with no heating.
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Bolty
30 September 2022 15:24:31

A real washout this afternoon. 25.5mm of rain so far today, with the rainfall rate in the last 10 minutes or so being at approximately 25mm/hr.

Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
ARTzeman
30 September 2022 15:43:54
Windy. Raining. Humidity 88%Rh 10c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
30 September 2022 15:57:54
Gloomy and overcast and rain has just commenced, but in the form of showers ahead of the main rain belt. Winds has also picked up but appears to be of a SW component as the rain is hitting west facing windows, that means at least the built up hilly bit close by to my SW may shelter me from the worst of the wind this evening rather than it whistling in from the harbour to my south. The rain may even put off the local kids from wanting to make a night of it in the nearby night club this evening, silver lining in every cloud and all that.
Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
30 September 2022 16:46:04

The rain (which amounted to around 15.0 mm at Edinburgh Gogarbank) has now cleared away from here, the Sun is now shining here in Edinburgh and the wind has died down again after peaking at a maximum gust of 47.2mph from the west at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

It also feels quite pleasant in that sunshine, and the temperature at 5pm BST (16:00 UTC) this afternoon was around 14°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.