Rob K
20 July 2021 19:03:01
Still 28C at 8pm. Lovely warm evening with clear blue skies but the tops of the thunderclouds visible to the northeast.
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Tim A
20 July 2021 19:16:24
24.8c and sunny, high 28.1c, second warmest of year.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
20 July 2021 19:21:21
The various members of this forum who come from Glasgow (David M. Porter, Fullbuoy, etc.) will already know that yesterday was the first day of the first week of what is known as the Glasgow Fair Fortnight (I shall allow any of these members to correct me on that one if I am wrong) and in terms of our weather, this has been the perfect start to that.

Today has been a glorious summer's day here in Edinburgh with a maximum temperature of 22.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank where a total of 13.2 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far as at 8pm this evening.

Even at 8pm this evening, the temperature here in Edinburgh was still around 19°C, but it is now feeling a bit cooler and fresher here with more of a breeze coming in from off the North Sea.

In addition to that, there is also some bits and pieces of easterly muck coming in from off the North Sea at times, and that is probably going to become more extensive after dark and into tomorrow morning.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
dagspot
20 July 2021 20:45:21
It was indeed ‘Fair Monday’ and indeed it was fair. Ive just heard actually my current employer is removing this as a holiday
Reached 28.2dc in Glasgow today and still 19dc at 945
More of the same next few days
Neilston 600ft ASL