Snow Hoper
06 March 2019 19:35:08

12.8mm.

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
johncs2016
07 March 2019 08:53:34

In the end, a total of 14.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 12.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh which makes yesterday, the wettest day of the year so far at both of those stations by quite a long way.

In addition to that, a total of 3.4 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning, along with 3.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 33.4 mm, the total for this spring so far to 33.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 64.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 32.8 mm, the total for this spring so far to 32.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 63.6 mm as at 8am this morning.

Although we will just be a week into this month at the end of today, this month's rainfall so far has already amounted to almost two thirds of 1981-2010 March average at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh and more than half of the 1981-2010 March average at Edinburgh Gogarbank, so this has been a thoroughly wet month here so far.

Furthermore, just another 3 more official rain days now need to occur between now and the end of this month at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall at that station in terms of the number of official rain days.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Cumbrian Snowman
07 March 2019 09:20:10

March is one of my driest months

Rainfall now at 52.2mm or 97%

ARTzeman
07 March 2019 11:37:37

2.1 mm  Yesterday

4.2 mm  Today

23.4 mm  To Date. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
08 March 2019 08:54:11
In the end, a total of 4.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 5.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, today has been completely dry so far at both of those stations as at 8am this morning.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 34.8 mm, the total for this spring so far to 34.8 mm and the total for this year so far to 65.6 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 34.2 mm, the total for this spring so far to 34.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 65.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Snow Hoper
08 March 2019 15:02:53

17.6mm.

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

johncs2016
09 March 2019 08:41:30
In the end, a total of 1.4 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 2.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

However, today has been completely dry so far at both of those stations as at 8am this morning.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 36.2 mm, the total for this spring so far to 36.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 67.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 36.4 mm, the total for this spring so far to 36.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 67.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

Just two or more official rain days now need to occur at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the number of official rain days.at that particular station.

richardabdn
09 March 2019 10:06:02

Just 19.4mm here which is not much more than average. Wednesday and Thursday were wretched write-off days but produced far lower totals than would normally be the case. Now over a year since there was last 20mm in a single day.

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
ARTzeman
09 March 2019 10:54:35

24.0 mm To Date.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
10 March 2019 08:26:28

This report is a bit different from my usual type of report here because there has been no change to the totals for Edinburgh Gogarbank since my last report here as a result of yesterday being the first completely dry day of this spring so far at that station, and with this morning being completely dry there so far as at 8am this morning.

However, a total of 3.2 mm of rain did fall during yesterday at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh although even there, this morning has been completely dry so far as at 8am this morning.

For that particular station, that takes this month's total to 39.6 mm, the total for this spring so far to 39.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 70.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

This also means that if there are any more official rain days at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month, this month will then go down as being a wetter than average month there in terms of the number of official rain days.

ARTzeman
10 March 2019 09:41:17

29.7 mm To Date.

Others just get wet.
Snow Hoper
10 March 2019 10:41:47

31mm.

ARTzeman
10 March 2019 12:16:36

30.o mm To Date.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
11 March 2019 08:32:18
In the end, a total of 6.0 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 5.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh with some of that falling as sleet and wet snow.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 42.2 mm, the total for this spring so far to 42.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 73.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that just another 4 or more official rain days need to occur between now and the end of this month at Edinburgh Gogarbank in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the number of official rain days at that particular station.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 45.0 mm, the total for this spring so far to 45.0 mm and the total for this year so far to 75.8 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a total of just at least 6.8 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month, in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts at that particular station.

Since there has now been more official rain days at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh during this month than the 1981-2010 March average for that station, this month will now go down as being a wetter than average month at that station in terms of the number of official rain days, regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month.

ARTzeman
11 March 2019 16:15:51

30.3 mm To Date.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
12 March 2019 08:53:13

In the end, a total of 1.0 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 0.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 5.4 mm of rain has fallen during today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning along with 3.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 48.6 mm, the total for this spring so far to 48.6 mm and the total for this year so far to 79.4 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a total of just at least 7.4 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month, in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts at that particular station.

This also means that just another two or more official rain days need to occur between now and the end of this month at Edinburgh Gogarbank in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the number of official rain days at that particular station.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 49.4 mm, the total for this spring so far to 49.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 80.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a total of just at least 2.4 mm of rain now needs to fall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh between now and the end of this month, in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts at that particular station.

ARTzeman
12 March 2019 12:49:13

1.2 mm yesterday

13.2 mm today

43.8 mm This Month. 

Others just get wet.
picturesareme
12 March 2019 22:51:07

After just 12 days this month is already a washout with above average monthly totals.

Around 55mm so far.

Yet another wetter then average month to go along with most of the previous 12 months!

johncs2016
13 March 2019 08:29:08
In the end, a total of 11.2 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 7.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh which makes yesterday the second wettest day of this year so far at both of those stations.

For Edinburgh Gogarbank, that takes the total for this month so far to 54.4 mm, the total for this spring so far to 54.4 mm and the total for this year so far to 85.2 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that a total of just at least 1.6 mm of rain now needs to fall at Edinburgh Gogarbank between now and the end of this month, in order for this month to go down as being wetter than average overall in terms of the actual rainfall amounts at that particular station.

For the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, that takes the total for this month so far to 53.2 mm, the total for this spring so far to 53.2 mm and the total for this year so far to 84.0 mm as at 8am this morning.

This means that since there has now been more rain at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh than the 1981-2010 March average and since the number of official rain days at that station during this month is also more than the 1981-2010 average then regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month, this month will now go down as being wetter than average overall at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh both in terms of the actual rainfall amounts and of the number of official rain days.

ARTzeman
13 March 2019 11:04:29

44.7 mm To Date.

Others just get wet.