lanky
  • lanky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
19 November 2019 12:46:19

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I can't see anything?

You're not far wrong as it goes Saint

This was the actual place (pretty much the same except there was no road down to the house then !)

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Saint Snow
19 November 2019 13:03:28

Originally Posted by: lanky 

You're not far wrong as it goes Saint

This was the actual place (pretty much the same except there was no road down to the house then !)

I can't see the pic on my work computer, but can on my phone. Odd.

I don't really know that area, but know the areas south-east of Exeter fairly well.

PS - have you noticed that one of the 'Twiscombe' names on that sign's post is spelt wrong?

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
lanky
  • lanky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
19 November 2019 14:00:36

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I can't see the pic on my work computer, but can on my phone. Odd.

I don't really know that area, but know the areas south-east of Exeter fairly well.

PS - have you noticed that one of the 'Twiscombe' names on that sign's post is spelt wrong?

Could be your IT people have blocked imgbox or blocked downloaded .jpg's in general - My old Company did that for .jpg's and .exe's amongst others

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Argyle77
19 November 2019 14:02:32
I remember a weather book showing the streets of london covered in snow in feb 1969 ,rare indeed to ever see that in London in recent decades,only feb1991 and early feb 2009 spring to mind.
Saint Snow
19 November 2019 15:17:07

Originally Posted by: lanky 

Could be your IT people have blocked imgbox or blocked downloaded .jpg's in general - My old Company did that for .jpg's and .exe's amongst others

Probably. 

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Bertwhistle
19 November 2019 18:48:51

Originally Posted by: LeedsLad123 

Most people alive in the UK today were probably nonexistent in 1969. Even my mum would only barely be able to remember anything from then, being 4 years old.

Still, it’s always nice to get a firsthand account of increasingly distant weather events.

Yer Ma's the same age as me LL and I remember it- not actually a memory of it being that date, but of scraping snow of a wall in Vincent Ave and Mum doing tomato soup and jacket potatoes. Funny what you remember.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.