johncs2016
20 January 2019 00:46:37

Here in the most boring part of the UK when it comes to the weather, the winter borefest goes on as it remains overcast with the temperatures still refusing to drop as a result of there being too much cloud around.

Meanwhile, the temperature at midnight was 1.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 2°C at Edinburgh Airport and 2.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
tallyho_83
20 January 2019 00:55:56

Originally Posted by: johncs2016 

Here in the most boring part of the UK when it comes to the weather, the winter borefest goes on as it remains overcast with the temperatures still refusing to drop as a result of there being too much cloud around.

Meanwhile, the temperature at midnight was 1.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 2°C at Edinburgh Airport and 2.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

6c here in Exeter and overcast with drizzly light showers!

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

Snow Hoper
20 January 2019 06:51:43

Chilly at -7.2C.

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
20 January 2019 07:33:24

Calm, dry and overcast. 2.1c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
JACKO4EVER
20 January 2019 08:05:23
Dull, 2.2c and yet another night without a frost
Skreever
20 January 2019 08:44:40
Clear and dry

Wind SW light breeze

Temp 3.4C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
marco 79
20 January 2019 08:44:55
Sunny spells...calm to very slight E breeze...-1.5c...1016mb
Overnight Min -1.6c
Max yesterday 2.7c
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
johncs2016
20 January 2019 08:48:18

Yet another dull, dreary, depressing and soul destroying start to yet another day with nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually happening, as this constant borefest, and frost-free (and snow free) hell goes on which I'm really getting to the end of my terror with now.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am was 1.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 2°C at Edinburgh Airport and 2.0°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

To make matters even worse, all sense of any sort of diurnal temperature range has also gone completely as well, and that just makes it even more boring.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Gooner
20 January 2019 09:05:18

Bright-glimpses of sun -2c

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
20 January 2019 09:45:38

Hovered between +1 and +2 all night with thin cloud cover, ground temperatures must be lower as there's still significant snow areas, and it's very white higher up.

schmee
20 January 2019 10:12:29
2c thin clouds.
Observations from around GUILDFORD in SURREY and now Nottingham
ARTzeman
20 January 2019 10:20:55

Light Broken Cloud.  4.4c. Humidity 88% Rh.

1018 hPa. NE Breeze Light 7 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Bertwhistle
20 January 2019 10:40:16

2C and cloudy;really cold breeze, although it's only light.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Tim A
20 January 2019 10:40:31
Cloudy and misty.
2.7c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

richardabdn
20 January 2019 11:48:57

Following an utterly tedious evening yesterday, in which the temperature remained stuck on 2C from sunset until after midnight, the cloud cleared overnight resulting in a min of -1.7C and a sunny start to the day. No visible frost though 

Went out for a walk in the sunshine and -1C only for it to cloud over and a vile icy rain to fall. Temperature rose to +1.7C but felt more like it had dropped by several degrees instead. Thoroughly nasty and unpleasant

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
bradders
20 January 2019 13:05:52

Dry, cloudy and calm.

Temp 7.1C

Overnight low 4.4C

Pressure 1019mb

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Bertwhistle
20 January 2019 13:06:20

Nearly 4 degrees now in bright sunshine.

Warm sunshine; cold air. Alpine slopes.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
doctormog
20 January 2019 13:25:10

Originally Posted by: richardabdn 

Following an utterly tedious evening yesterday, in which the temperature remained stuck on 2C from sunset until after midnight, the cloud cleared overnight resulting in a min of -1.7C and a sunny start to the day. No visible frost though 

Went out for a walk in the sunshine and -1C only for it to cloud over and a vile icy rain to fall. Temperature rose to +1.7C but felt more like it had dropped by several degrees instead. Thoroughly nasty and unpleasant

I’m surprised you didn’t see any frost as I had to deice my car at 10:20am. The rain has cleared now to cloudy but cool conditions at 4°C currently. The remnants of the cloud should clear soon.

idj20
20 January 2019 15:43:04

Have spent 3 hours on the garden (cutting the lawn, strimming, weeding, some digging, etc) and have worked up a sweat in the winter sunshine and yet I was wearing just a cardie & jogging bottoms. The fresh air with the afternoon sun shining on my west-facing garden while being sheltered by the north east wind has done me the world of good. The lawn was relatively dry due to very little real rain having fallen so far this January (I think below 10 mm so far this month but that's out of my head).

Currently 3.9 c & 74% h giving a dp of -1 c after a max of 6.6 c at 1 pm but I just didn't feel the cold at all with hands staying warm the whole time.

This is my kind of winter so far.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Snow Hoper
20 January 2019 16:24:54

Relatively clear skies and a temp of 0.4C. High of 4.3 after the coldest night of the winter (Not hard) so far at -7.3C.

Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.