Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages123>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Darren S  
#1 Posted : 01 November 2011 11:20:18(UTC)
Darren S

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 11,726
Man
United Kingdom
Location: Arborfield, Berks

 2012 Summary now available!

Who made the most posts during 2012? You can now see the 2012 Summary in the regular Posting League location, which includes analysis of the year compared to the past, and the full Top 400 chart of the year.

Posting League

The posting league is calculated each month by comparing a snapshot of users and post totals with one from a month earlier. The total number of posts for each user includes posts from all forums going back to November 2001. All users are automatically included in the survey. A detailed analysis of the month's movers and shakers is also produced.

We have another change at the top of the table for December. Who finished the year at the top of the tree? Which previously prolific member re-entered the Top 50 for the first time in nearly 5 years? Who was relegated for the first time ever? Find out here!

Rogues' Gallery

A collection of photos of TWO forum members, the more the merrier! Members are shown in descending post total order, again including all posts made since November 2001. Those who haven't posted for at least 6 months are removed. This is also updated once a month.Please submit your photos to me, by using the TWO Private Message system, or alternatively the "Contact Darren" link on my web site.

No new photos have been added this month. One member who hadn't posted for six months was removed, and four who posted for the first time in over six months have been re-added - so we're back up to 100 faces.

Don't be shy - send in your photos!

All Time Top 100

Every month, a list is compiled showing the Top 100 TWO members of all time, including those who were banned or have lapsed. Changes in overall position compared to the previous month are also shown, as are all those climbers in positions 101-300. Post totals include all those made since November 2001.

Posting League Records

Every month, various statistics are updated, such as biggest climb to number 1, most consecutive months in the Top 10, highest new entry, etc.

You can access the information using the link below:
http://two.dazsmith.co.uk/

Edited by user 09 January 2013 23:11:54(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darren

Arborfield, Berks (61m asl)

Winter 2019/20: Snow Days: 2; Snow Cover Days: 0; Current Depth: 0cm; Max Depth: 0cm; Total Snow: 0cm

Winter Snow Depth Totals:

2018/19 14 cm; 2017/18 23 cm; 2016/17 0 cm; 2015/16 0.5 cm; 2014/15 3.5 cm; 2013/14 0 cm; 2012/13 22 cm; 2011/12 7 cm; 2010/11 6 cm; 2009/10 51 cm

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your TheWeatherOutlook forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Online llamedos  
#2 Posted : 01 November 2011 21:06:09(UTC)
llamedos

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 32,281
Man
Location: Hertfordshire

Sorry Darren, your thread seemed have got "unstickied"; maybe something to do with Brian's "tinkerings"..........sorted now

"Life with the Lions"

rayjp  
#3 Posted : 01 November 2011 21:44:30(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 19/01/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,714

Originally Posted by: llamedos Go to Quoted Post

Sorry Darren, your thread seemed have got "unstickied"; maybe something to do with Brian's "tinkerings"..........sorted now

I started a new thread for Darren, however he wished to start it himself, so I deleted mine allowing his new one.
Which is why is was not stickied.

Online llamedos  
#4 Posted : 01 November 2011 21:46:10(UTC)
llamedos

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 10/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 32,281
Man
Location: Hertfordshire

Originally Posted by: rayjp Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: llamedos Go to Quoted Post

Sorry Darren, your thread seemed have got "unstickied"; maybe something to do with Brian's "tinkerings"..........sorted now

I started a new thread for Darren, however he wished to start it himself, so I deleted mine allowing his new one.
Which is why is was not stickied.

Not a sticky situation then Ray

"Life with the Lions"

rayjp  
#5 Posted : 01 November 2011 21:48:34(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 19/01/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,714

Thanks Darren, good to see posts and posters are up and some new pics.

Offline Hungry Tiger  
#6 Posted : 01 November 2011 21:55:02(UTC)
Hungry Tiger

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 25,072
Location: South Cambridgeshire

Thanks for all the work there Darren.

Amazed that I came 2nd - That was a nice suprise there to get a silver.

Gavin S.

TWO Moderator.

Contact the TWO team - twomoderationteam@gmail.com

South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet asl.

Offline wallaw  
#7 Posted : 01 November 2011 22:52:55(UTC)
wallaw

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 07/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 12,091
Man
Location: Stockton-on-Tees

Thanks Darren
Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

Offline Dougie  
#8 Posted : 02 November 2011 04:39:11(UTC)
Dougie

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 16,530
Man
United Kingdom
Location: Sidcup, Kent.

Thanks Darren

Ha'way the lads
Offline Snow Hoper  
#9 Posted : 02 November 2011 09:24:22(UTC)
Snow Hoper

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 06/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 38,063
Man
United Kingdom
Location: Thorndon, Suffolk

Cheers Darren

By the time you realise your parents were right, your kids already think that you're wrong!

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.

Work: Around Bury St Edmunds.

DBH  
#10 Posted : 02 November 2011 09:27:49(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 19/01/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,714

cheers
Offline Saint Snow  
#11 Posted : 02 November 2011 09:30:57(UTC)
Saint Snow

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 46,028
Man
Location: St Helens

Nice one Darren

 

 

(note to self - you really must post less )

"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

Martin

Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)

A TWO addict since 14/12/01

CAPE-steve  
#12 Posted : 02 November 2011 09:31:15(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 19/01/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,714

Thanks Darren, great read as always! 

Offline Jiries  
#13 Posted : 02 November 2011 09:42:55(UTC)
Jiries

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 11/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 40,835
Man
Location: West Ewell

Thanks Darren

artdemole  
#14 Posted : 02 November 2011 10:32:56(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Joined: 19/01/2010(UTC)
Posts: 6,714

Great information on this thread..Well done...aDm...

Offline Sevendust  
#15 Posted : 02 November 2011 11:58:53(UTC)
Sevendust

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 55,314
Location: Alton, Hampshire

You git Darren I suppose you did at least use my cider drinking maximum temperature record for October celebratory picture

A rare picture of the mercurial Ulric I notice

Thanks and well done to MM et al

Dave

Alton - deep in the Hampshire Alps

Offline Darren S  
#16 Posted : 02 November 2011 13:05:07(UTC)
Darren S

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 11,726
Man
United Kingdom
Location: Arborfield, Berks

As I said on my previous League/Gallery thread, which has now been retired; I used your Profile picture. Since this is searchable by over 800 million Facebook users, I felt that it was fair game for a private website viewed by a handful of weather nerds.

Darren

Arborfield, Berks (61m asl)

Winter 2019/20: Snow Days: 2; Snow Cover Days: 0; Current Depth: 0cm; Max Depth: 0cm; Total Snow: 0cm

Winter Snow Depth Totals:

2018/19 14 cm; 2017/18 23 cm; 2016/17 0 cm; 2015/16 0.5 cm; 2014/15 3.5 cm; 2013/14 0 cm; 2012/13 22 cm; 2011/12 7 cm; 2010/11 6 cm; 2009/10 51 cm

Offline Sevendust  
#17 Posted : 02 November 2011 15:45:34(UTC)
Sevendust

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 55,314
Location: Alton, Hampshire

Originally Posted by: Darren S Go to Quoted Post

As I said on my previous League/Gallery thread, which has now been retired; I used your Profile picture. Since this is searchable by over 800 million Facebook users, I felt that it was fair game for a private website viewed by a handful of weather nerds.

I'll let you off    I did contemplate locking you in Jiries' shed with Gavin D and YD

Dave

Alton - deep in the Hampshire Alps

Offline David M Porter  
#18 Posted : 02 November 2011 16:15:48(UTC)
David M Porter

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 03/08/2006(UTC)
Posts: 18,085
Man
Location: Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow

Thanks Darren.

I wanted to ask you about the number of posts that appears in the coloumn headed 1st Nov in the Top 100 posters for October chart. According to the total shown for me in that coloumn, I had made 4275 posts by the time we got to yesterday. However, according to my post total that appears below my username along woth every post I make, I had made 4272 posts prior to typing this one (now 4273). I was just wondering how you arrived at the figure of 4275.

"Sometimes what we accept as the truth may not be the full story".

Hercule Poirot (David Suchet)

Offline Darren S  
#19 Posted : 02 November 2011 16:22:40(UTC)
Darren S

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 05/04/2006(UTC)
Posts: 11,726
Man
United Kingdom
Location: Arborfield, Berks

Originally Posted by: David M Porter Go to Quoted Post

According to the total shown for me in that coloumn, I had made 4275 posts by the time we got to yesterday. However, according to my post total that appears below my username along woth every post I make, I had made 4272 posts prior to typing this one (now 4273). I was just wondering how you arrived at the figure of 4275.

If you look at the table again, you'll see that whilst your total was 4275 posts, the rightmost column (Current Forum Tot) shows 4271 - the latter figure is the one shown below your username.

So why the difference of 4 posts? Well the answer is, that when we switched to the most recent forum software in April 2010, Brian copied across the post totals before the old forum closed or the new forum opened. I was able to work out how many posts everyone made on the old forum since Brian did that copy, until it closed.

In your case, you made 4 posts in that time, others made more (Gooner 16, brogdale 15, etc.). Therefore, to avoid those 204 posts getting missed off the totals, I effectively applied an adjustment to everyone's totals who posted on that day.

Does that make sense?

Edited by user 02 November 2011 16:25:43(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Darren

Arborfield, Berks (61m asl)

Winter 2019/20: Snow Days: 2; Snow Cover Days: 0; Current Depth: 0cm; Max Depth: 0cm; Total Snow: 0cm

Winter Snow Depth Totals:

2018/19 14 cm; 2017/18 23 cm; 2016/17 0 cm; 2015/16 0.5 cm; 2014/15 3.5 cm; 2013/14 0 cm; 2012/13 22 cm; 2011/12 7 cm; 2010/11 6 cm; 2009/10 51 cm

Offline David M Porter  
#20 Posted : 02 November 2011 16:32:53(UTC)
David M Porter

Rank: Advanced Member

Joined: 03/08/2006(UTC)
Posts: 18,085
Man
Location: Lenzie, Kirkintilloch, Glasgow

Originally Posted by: Darren S Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: David M Porter Go to Quoted Post

According to the total shown for me in that coloumn, I had made 4275 posts by the time we got to yesterday. However, according to my post total that appears below my username along woth every post I make, I had made 4272 posts prior to typing this one (now 4273). I was just wondering how you arrived at the figure of 4275.

If you look at the table again, you'll see that whilst your total was 4275 posts, the rightmost column (Current Forum Tot) shows 4271 - the latter figure is the one shown below your username.

So why the difference of 4 posts? Well the answer is, that when we switched to the most recent forum software in April 2010, Brian copied across the post totals before the old forum closed or the new forum opened. I was able to work out how many posts everyone made on the old forum since Brian did that copy, until it closed.

In your case, you made 4 posts in that time, others made more (Gooner 16, brogdale 15, etc.). Therefore, to avoid those 204 posts getting missed off the totals, I effectively applied an adjustment to everyone's totals who posted on that day.

Does that make sense?

Yes it does- thanks Darren. I remember now that when I made my last post on the old forum on 2/4/2010, my final total if my memory serves me well was 2,458. However when the new forum opened the following day, my total was given as 2,454 before I made my first post after the switchover. Cheers.

Edited by user 02 November 2011 17:18:06(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

"Sometimes what we accept as the truth may not be the full story".

Hercule Poirot (David Suchet)

Users browsing this topic
16 Pages123>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Code of conduct

× FORUM Settings Posting League USER PHOTOS Sky Eye Camera Sky Eye Live Sky Eye Gallery MODEL CHARTS Arome Arpege ECM ECM ENS GEM GEFS GFS HIRLAM Icon Met Office UM Fax CFS GFSP