johncs2016
01 May 2019 05:17:09

In the precipitation watch thread for this month which I have just started, I talked briefly about thunderstorms and about the fact that the presence or absence of these thunderstorms are more likely over time to result in large variations in the overall rainfall totals even at a very local level as we head towards the summer months.

Furthermore, I am also aware of the fact that there was a convective thread for March as well as for April, so it wouldn't be fair to leave this month out as well in that regard. For that reason, this is the thread for reporting any convective events which you would like to report during this month as they happen.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
DeeDee
02 May 2019 15:36:30

Thundering here now 

very black skies

Harpenden, Herts.
speckledjim
02 May 2019 15:47:12
We had hail earlier but no thunder
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
KevBrads1
03 May 2019 21:17:32
Cloud movement confusion from 0.40 to 1.20

MANCHESTER SUMMER INDEX for 2021: 238
Timelapses, old weather forecasts and natural phenomena videos can be seen on this site
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrSD1BwFz2feWDTydhpEhQ/playlists
DeeDee
08 May 2019 13:30:49
A second round of thunder and torrential rain now, following on from a a dose we had about an hour ago

Harpenden, Herts.
Jim-55
08 May 2019 15:43:39

I was at work so missed it but the wife was caught in what she described as a vicious thunderstorm around 11:30 today with torrential rain since then there's been plenty of heavy showers still passing but unfortunately for me no lightning. 

Previously JimC. joined back then in 2009. Frome, N/E Somerset, 125mtrs asl.