Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
21 May 2011 18:06:37
As if it's not embarrassing enough watching Man City's fans doing that stupid Poznan shite, Celtic fans are doing it too. Makes you want to curl up in a ball and be sick whilst wishing the ground would open up. Plastic sheep the lot of them 👎
David M Porter
21 May 2011 18:13:06

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

As if it's not embarrassing enough watching Man City's fans doing that stupid Poznan shite, Celtic fans are doing it too. Makes you want to curl up in a ball and be sick whilst wishing the ground would open up. Plastic sheep the lot of them 👎

So we've got Man City to thank for it then. Here was me thinking that the Celtic fans today were merely copying what their players have been doing before games for years!

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
Matty H
  • Matty H
21 May 2011 18:42:36
😂 😂
Super Cell
22 May 2011 08:41:13

Originally Posted by: David M Porter 

Perhaps in Leeds hadn't sold a certain Monsieur Cantona to Man Utd late on in 1992, they could well have gone on to dominate football in England for a good few years; they certainly looked well capable of it after winning the league in 1991-92. Cantona was as big a factor in Leeds' success that season as he was in all Man Utd's title winning sides during the following five years or so.

Actually Cantona contributed very little to the title winning season. He topped the odd game off with a flourish, but that squad was a bunch of hard working players with a splash of insipration - Strachan, Speed, McAllister, Batty, our midfield from heaven.

Wilkinson had a work ethic that in all honestly was never likely to gel with Cantona's 'free spirit'. The relationship would only ever be a short one. I think Ferguson took a punt and it worked brilliantly. It could equally have fallen flat on its face. Fine margins and all that.

We were cursed because we won the last 'proper' league championship which bought next to no money in. The next season our board didn't adapt, but Ferguson had been slowly building a team and a club, and they came to fruition at the time the money came into the game. If we'd had the SKY money who knows, but hey, we DID win the league in a manner that can't now be done.

At the celebrations on the Headrow in Leeds I said to my wife - drink this in, it may never happen again. It hasn't and is unlikely to in the foreseeable future. I also pointed out that many supporters of other 'big' clubs had NEVER experienced this. Newcastle, for example. They still haven't.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
Super Cell
22 May 2011 08:53:15

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Wasn't Cantona moved on because he was sha#ging Chapman's then missus?

Smutty minds think alike!

It was a nice urban myth, but wasn't true. Quite simply he didn't like Wilkinon's disciplinarian approach, and our board, for reasons best known to them, sold him at a giveaway price.

Remember that before Leeds took a punt on him he was a maverick who wouldn't go on trial with Sheffield Wednesday because he felt he was above all that. He was potentially destablising, and it's to Ferguson's great credit that he managed to get the best out of him.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
SEMerc
22 May 2011 09:45:51

Monday should prove interesting if Mittal's rumoured bid for the remaining stakes in QPR pans out.

Bernie is certainly downplaying it, but if Mittal does carry through it certainly improves immeasurably the chances of QPR staying up.

ttp://www.teamtalk.com/news/2483/6944736/Warnock-stays-says-Bernie

SEMerc
22 May 2011 14:43:32

What a strange season.  If Blackpool win at OT they will have achieved more away wins than United this season.

Matty H
  • Matty H
22 May 2011 16:40:36
This is funny 😂 Blackpool fans celebrating survival ten mins ago, 2-1 up at Man Utd, chanting songs about PNE. ten mins later 3-2 down and could be relegated by an own goal. In terms of enjoying the demise of other teams, this season can't be beat 😁 What would cap it off would be for Blackpool to lose and see Ian Hollowhead cry 😂
Matty H
  • Matty H
22 May 2011 16:42:12
4-2 Blackpool relegated 😁
SEMerc
22 May 2011 17:24:50

More's the point - Arsenal - the only team ever to finish fourth in a two-horse.

sriram
22 May 2011 17:44:21
What an incredible afternoon of tension and turnarounds - never seen quite anything the like of this - not one for people with dodgy hearts
Sriram
Sedgley, West Midlands ( just south of Wolverhampton )
162m ASL
future_is_orange
22 May 2011 17:45:09

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

More's the point - Arsenal - the only team ever to finish fourth in a two-horse.

Matty H
  • Matty H
22 May 2011 19:16:02
Ancelotti gone. How pathetic 👎
David M Porter
22 May 2011 19:38:54

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

Ancelotti gone. How pathetic 👎

Agree there mate. Can't say I'm really surprised though to be honest. Abramovich has shown in the past that he isn't prepared to give managers much time; with him it's been a case of "one trophyless season and you're out the door. I wouldn't ind betting that had it not been for the fact they won both the league and FA Cup last season, Ancelotti may have found himself out of a job a lot sooner- remember what happened to Scolari?

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
SEMerc
22 May 2011 20:44:15

I'm assuming Levy has a Plan B should 'Arry get convicted. Could be a chance to bring Ancelotti in.

22 May 2011 20:56:46
Birmingham City relegated, I suspect there will be quite a lot of depressed people round here tomorrow.
David M Porter
22 May 2011 21:15:53

Originally Posted by: Brummie Snowman 

Birmingham City relegated, I suspect there will be quite a lot of depressed people round here tomorrow.

Yeah, a real shame about Birmingham. I was really hoping they'd stay up as I've a lot of time for their manager, Alex McLeish. He used to manage my team, Glasgow Rangers and IMO did a pretty decent job under very difficult circumstances. After beating Arsenal in the League Cup final in February I really thought they would kick on from there and climb up the league, wasn't to be though.

Lenzie, Glasgow

Gary L
22 May 2011 21:19:46

I didn't want Blackpool to go down. Their fans were great, created a lively pre-match atmosphere today.

wallaw
23 May 2011 07:55:35

I like 'big' Mick McCarthy and I also have a lot of time for Roberto Martinez so i am pleased that both Wigan and Wolves stayed up.

Delighted to see the demise of West Ham and I hope they keep on going like Sheff Wed or Charlton, odious little club, poor fans and now the most hated ownership in world football.

On a brighter note, Sunderland finished above Newcastle after the mags let slip a 3-0 lead, can't stop smiling

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

Saint Snow
23 May 2011 09:10:06

I wanted Wigan to go down - local rivalry originating from the rugby but covering the entire town and its [inbred, knuckle-dragging] people

And Blackburn, for having the most stupid, pigheaded owners. Sacking Allardyce when he's got them in the top half of the table smacked of them making a "we're in charge here" statement.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan