SEMerc
17 May 2011 21:43:08

So, next season we have Wet Spam, Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, Leicester, Boro and maybe Swansea.

As Danny Dyer would say: 'that looks pwopa nawty'.

yorkshirelad89
17 May 2011 21:57:02

I think Reading will take the win they have ended the season with more momentum and are on a high, will be close though as Swansea do have a very talented squad with good attacking players, I reckon Dave Jones will walk out on Cardiff and will become a mid/low championship team next season.

Promotion should be wide open IMO, something tells me West ham will bounce straight back up and Southampton may do another Norwich but who knows.

Relegation I think Barnsely and Doncaster look like good bets, Doncaster have appeared to be particularly poor recently.

As a hull supporter Im probably not going to be the most popular person here as we were boring to watch last season .

Last season though we started off as a mess because Phil Orange went and brought too many rubbish players, Nigel Pearson has spent his money well (even if he does seem to be buying all of Man Utds reserve team players). Got new owners at the club and our debts are clearing allowing us to have some money to spend. Anthony Gerrard was our player of the season for by a mile and our defense until the end of the season was amongst the best in the league.

Problem was our midfield was awful meaning the best way for hull to do well was by having overly defensive formations which is why our away form was much better than home.

The only time hull were good to watch was when we had a player called Cameron Stewart, very fast winger and gave something our midfield didnt have, pace. For a time hull were a good team to watch but hes had a lengthy injury. If we buy well in the transfer market this summer I think we could be contenders for promotion IMO, but the play offs are a more realistic bet.

Hull
yorkshirelad89
20 May 2011 22:09:24

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/football-news/2011/05/20/analysis-debt-and-players-exodus-leaves-uncertain-future-for-cardiff-city-91466-28728524/ 😂 😂 😂

Could see this coming, some decent players that could be snapped up there.

Always got the feeling Dave Jones was a rubbish manager, underachieving for several years and now paying the price for it by missing out on promotion yet again.

Hull
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
20 May 2011 22:24:35
He made no provisions for the future. Half the team were loans who will now go back to their clubs, and their other decent players are out of contract meaning they can walk and the club won't receive a penny. Not good for a club already in huge debt.
Matty H
  • Matty H
23 May 2011 20:14:17

Crapdiff gambled everything on promotion and failed. And so the exodus begins...

All these players are either already gone or going. A lot of them were loans admittedly:

Chris Burke
Jay Bothroyd
Craig Bellamy (unless a deal can be made with Man City for a lot of money they don't have.  maybe player coach?)
Jason Brown
Stephen Bywater
Jay Emmanuel-Thomas
Jason Koumas
Gavin Rae
Martin John
Adam Matthews
Michael Chopra (probably as the fans despise him as he's out on the piss all the time and regularly turns up to matchdays hungover)

That's a lot of players. Most sickening of all for them is that Jay Bothroyd, Adam Matthews and Chris Burke are all leaving for eff all due to Cardiff's awful contract negotiations. All going on free transfers.

It's been made clear that large amounts of money wont be made available. Without some shrewd work during the summer, Cardiff may have just had the best two years of their existence for a long time to come. I wonder if Risdale accepts some of the blame...

David M Porter
23 May 2011 21:33:27

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I agree with me:

You're starting to sound like the Smash Martians!

Lenzie, Glasgow

"Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom, and we must always be ready to listen and respect other points of view."- Queen Elizabeth II 1926-2022
Super Cell
24 May 2011 12:36:57

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

So, next season we have Wet Spam, Millwall, Cardiff, Leeds, Leicester, Boro and maybe Swansea.

Three non-entities? What's 'nawty' about those wet dishcloths?

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
future_is_orange
24 May 2011 12:48:36

Add in the south coast derby of Pompey v The Scummers

SEMerc
29 May 2011 15:01:53

Originally Posted by: future_is_orange 

Add in the south coast derby of Pompey v The Scummers

Indeed, Pompey have always had a bit of reputation. No love lost there.

Matty H
  • Matty H
30 May 2011 10:38:24

Fat Sam to take over at West Ham.

I thought he wouldn't drop down a division? I guess being a crap manager made that impossible

SEMerc
30 May 2011 10:39:55

I thought he wouldn't drop down a division? I guess being a crap manager made that impossible

Didn't he want to manage Real Madrid at one point?

Matty H
  • Matty H
30 May 2011 10:41:54

Gotta admire his optimism

Super Cell
30 May 2011 10:45:43

Play off weekend with no comments about the play-offs.

Stevenage and Peterborough up already, Swansea & Reading to come today. Not really bothered as both clubs are pretty 'plastic', but on balance Reading's pubs are better and it's easier to get to so much as it goes against the grain it wouldn't upset me too much for the Swans to be promoted.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
SEMerc
30 May 2011 10:54:12

Gotta admire his optimism

Yep, I'll give him that. Can't see Wet Spam coming back up though. Can't say I'll be losing any sleep over it.

Matty H
  • Matty H
30 May 2011 11:03:20

Originally Posted by: Super Cell 

Stevenage and Peterborough up already, Swansea & Reading to come today. Not really bothered as both clubs are pretty 'plastic', but on balance Reading's pubs are better and it's easier to get to so much as it goes against the grain it wouldn't upset me too much for the Swans to be promoted.

Likewise I have nothing against either club. I'm edging toward Swansea as it would cap off an absolutely disasterous season for Crapdiff

I won't be watching it though. We're going out in a bit. Won't feel like I'm missing much either. Odd, because I normally look forward to this game no matter who's playing

Matty H
  • Matty H
30 May 2011 11:49:43
And now Dave Jones has been sacked 😂 What with this and the weather forecast I think I might explode 😍 😂
SEMerc
30 May 2011 12:22:45

Originally Posted by: Super Cell 

Likewise I have nothing against either club. I'm edging toward Swansea as it would cap off an absolutely disasterous season for Crapdiff

I won't be watching it though. We're going out in a bit. Won't feel like I'm missing much either. Odd, because I normally look forward to this game no matter who's playing

Well on paper it should be a good match, two attacking teams. Hopefully, it will be as good as Huddersfield - Bournemouth recently - one of the best games I've seen this season.

SEMerc
30 May 2011 14:31:47

Dearie me - Reading down 2-0 after 20 mins, despite peeing on Swansea for the most part. Still, it's a game about putting the ball in the back of the net.

If Swansea go on to win this it's going to be a larf in the EPL next season. I've never seen a defence (Swansea's) panic so much in my life. It's going to be a turkey shoot.

Oh and in will be a novelty having a Welsh team in the EPL.

RWL757
30 May 2011 15:07:48

And Bristol Rovers new manager is ....., Paul Buckle this has come as a big suprise to me as Ive not realised he was even linked to the job , best of luck to him he will need it. hope he gives us something to brighten up our saturdays rather than the the rubbish served up this season. 17 players have been released ( and apparently others escaped via hand dug tunnel)So roll on season 2011/2012 and promotion back to div 1 and the resumption of the local derby with our old rivals in 2012/2013, as long as the mayans and that american bloke ar'nt correct

Rich WL
Warmley
South Glos