Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
11 May 2011 21:13:34
I'm still laughing at your forum. Apparently, Bristol Rovers are a massive club who shouldn't be in League Two. Crowds of 5k mind 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂
RWL757
11 May 2011 21:28:05

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

I'm still laughing at your forum. Apparently, Bristol Rovers are a massive club who shouldn't be in League Two. Crowds of 5k mind 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

that forum is for amusement only and is populated mainly by whingers, dreamers, argumentetive wasters, people who cant spell or punktuate  and Bristol City Fans anyway I'm off to the Climate forum to check out the global warming thread

Rich WL
Warmley
South Glos

Matty H
  • Matty H
12 May 2011 21:05:41

Originally Posted by: RWL757 

that forum is for amusement only and is populated mainly by whingers, dreamers, argumentetive wasters, people who cant spell or punktuate  and Bristol City Fans anyway I'm off to the Climate forum to check out the global warming thread

Matty H
  • Matty H
14 May 2011 14:18:14
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/neil-warnock-exclusive-my-onenight-stand-with-a-trophy-wife-but-the-next-generation-arent-too-bothered-2283795.html 
Quote:

There are certain grounds where you feel vulnerable. One of the worst situations for me came at the end of a play-off semi-final at Ashton Gate when I was caught in the middle of a pitch invasion. That could have turned nasty.

diddums
Matty H
  • Matty H
15 May 2011 16:37:09

Place marker for West Ham:

Super Cell
15 May 2011 17:01:18

They'll love it in the Championship once they've got over the shock.

From my perspective Leeds v West Ham is a proper game.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
Matty H
  • Matty H
15 May 2011 17:05:01

Originally Posted by: Super Cell 

They'll love it in the Championship once they've got over the shock.

From my perspective Leeds v West Ham is a proper game.

They'll piss it is what they'll do. One less place for us

Super Cell
15 May 2011 17:20:38

You reckon?

It's already confirmed that their 'big' players will leave. The parachute money will fund those they can't offload.

I've heard of about ten teams that are going to walk the Championship next season. All of them won't because they physically can't.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
Matty H
  • Matty H
15 May 2011 17:24:45

You reckon?

It's already confirmed that their 'big' players will leave. The parachute money will fund those they can't offload.

I've heard of about ten teams that are going to walk the Championship next season. All of them won't because they physically can't.

I can't think of one single other team that has any chance of wlaking it next season. Not one, but WH will lose a few players, but maintain the nucleus of the squad. Don't forget it's not just parachute payments, they've been in the Prem for around 8 seasons or so, so will have cash to splash.

Newcastle last season would be my example. That's what I see WH doing. Obviously nothing is cut and dried in any league, least of all the Championship, but that's what I think will happen.

The rest is a lottery as usual. As I said at the start, I don't see anyone else running away with it. Tighter than a nuns chuff as it always is

Super Cell
15 May 2011 17:36:57

Don't forget it's not just parachute payments, they've been in the Prem for around 8 seasons or so, so will have cash to splash.

Theyu can barely afford the water bill, let alone splashing the cash

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-truth-about-grant-good-managers-do-not-relegate-big-clubs-2284330.html

Today there will be 34 coaches, paid for by the club, travelling to Wigan, full of supporters who will not be able to influence the result. Anything other than victory will see West Ham, already laden with £80m of debt, go down.

-----------------

As early as 28 April, after their 3-0 defeatby Chelsea, Sullivan publicly rated their chances of survival at "between 25 and 30 per cent". He added: "This club is in a worse financial position than any other in the country", which seems an exaggeration when viewed from Plymouth, whose players have not been paid in months.

"All the club's debts are football-related and the bank debts are secured on the stadium and the training ground," he said. "There is no possibility of a way out through administration." Brady said that Gold and Sullivan had "dreams the size of whales" when they took over West Ham last year, acknowledging they were now tadpole-like.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
Super Cell
15 May 2011 17:38:32

http://westhamfc.blogspot.com/2011/05/west-ham-worst-debts-in-britain.html

"Should the worst happen, we will have to inject loans of £20m-£40m, depending on circumstances, which will probably never be repaid. I don't believe the supporters realise the potential real cost to us."

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
Matty H
  • Matty H
15 May 2011 17:42:52

Don't forget it's not just parachute payments, they've been in the Prem for around 8 seasons or so, so will have cash to splash.

Theyu can barely afford the water bill, let alone splashing the cash

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/the-truth-about-grant-good-managers-do-not-relegate-big-clubs-2284330.html

Today there will be 34 coaches, paid for by the club, travelling to Wigan, full of supporters who will not be able to influence the result. Anything other than victory will see West Ham, already laden with £80m of debt, go down.

-----------------

As early as 28 April, after their 3-0 defeatby Chelsea, Sullivan publicly rated their chances of survival at "between 25 and 30 per cent". He added: "This club is in a worse financial position than any other in the country", which seems an exaggeration when viewed from Plymouth, whose players have not been paid in months.

"All the club's debts are football-related and the bank debts are secured on the stadium and the training ground," he said. "There is no possibility of a way out through administration." Brady said that Gold and Sullivan had "dreams the size of whales" when they took over West Ham last year, acknowledging they were now tadpole-like.

Newcastle's financial situation wasn't/isn't much different. Nowadays being in debt doesn't seem to count for much. In fact it almost seems to be fashionable.

You don't need to splash too much cash in this league if it's spent well. Obviously there are examples of clubs spending a lot of money and failing epicly. Cardiff spring to mind... Bristol City a bit too

I suppose a lot will depend on who is making the decisions next season. You would imagine a new manager will be forthcoming. Alan Curbishley? Wouldn't bet against it, and he knows how to get a team out of that division on a meagre budget, that's along with what is bound to still be a strong side.

I'll look forward to WH. Proper club, like yourselves, Derby, Wolves, Forest to name a few

Matty H
  • Matty H
15 May 2011 18:15:32

I suppose a lot will depend on who is making the decisions next season. You would imagine a new manager will be forthcoming. Alan Curbishley? Wouldn't bet against it, and he knows how to get a team out of that division on a meagre budget, that's along with what is bound to still be a strong side.

Grant has been sacked. No surprise really

SEMerc
15 May 2011 20:15:26

Parker has almost single handedly propped up Wet Spam this season and will go, as will Demba Ba.

I see little likelihood of the Hammers going straight back up. Still, they can look forward to two 'meet and greets' with Millwall next season, which will mean more to many of their fans than any other games.

meme
17 May 2011 19:33:24
Cardiff 2-0 down!

I don't mind who goes up out of Reading and Swansea (assuming Reading do win)
SEMerc
17 May 2011 19:47:26

Yep, two mistakes and two goals. Reading clinical and Long living up to his billing. He's playing in the wrong league anyway. His talents should be on view in EPL. Hopefully, they will. And hopefully with Reading.

It really gets on my tits that two Welsh teams are playing in an English league anyway. So hopefully, Reading will dispose of Cardiff tonight and then do Swansea.

Matty H
  • Matty H
17 May 2011 20:37:27

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

meme
17 May 2011 20:38:00
Cardiff fans acting like Cardiff fans now. Reading have spanked them, quite comfortably really. I think the final will be a cracking game, but I wouldn't want to bet on a winner.
Matty H
  • Matty H
17 May 2011 20:42:51