11 June 2011 15:47:05

The new fixtures will be announced on Friday. Time to predict which easy game Man Utd will get on the final day.

In recent seasons, they've had last day games against Southampton, Charlton, West Ham, Wigan, Hull, Stoke and Blackpool. You can bet that sequence will continue next season with a game against one of the promoted teams (or a team who narrowly avoided relegation)

Gary L
11 June 2011 16:56:00

Originally Posted by: Brummie Snowman 

The new fixtures will be announced on Friday. Time to predict which easy game Man Utd will get on the final day.

In recent seasons, they've had last day games against Southampton, Charlton, West Ham, Wigan, Hull, Stoke and Blackpool. You can bet that sequence will continue next season with a game against one of the promoted teams (or a team who narrowly avoided relegation)

Fingers crossed. I'm sure SAF has had a word and bunged them some cash.

Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
13 June 2011 18:48:10
Β£17m for Phil Jones πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚
meme
14 June 2011 19:54:11

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

£17m for Phil Jones πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

Yes a laughable price, but I fancy him to do well at one of the big clubs. He has a calm head and is reliable, two good defensive attributes. Still a risk though, could easily end up the other way round with him being farmed off to a midtable club on loan and fading out into obscurity come next year.

Just a warning, Phil, if you're reading

llamedos
14 June 2011 22:05:57

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

£17m for Phil Jones πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

I'm struggling here..........do I go with the opinions of my boyhood hero Matty, or do I side with the opinions of David Gill and SAF. God it's a tough call

"Life with the Lions"

TWO Moderator
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
15 June 2011 06:46:18
Stick with the irrepressible Matty H, mate πŸ‘ 😁 Β£17m for Jones? The world has gone mad. It's not a slur on Jones, just the sickeningly over-inflated transfer market.
16 June 2011 19:36:11

Fixtures are out tomorrow.

Mark it down on your calendar, Man Utd v Norwich, Sunday 13th May 2012 4pm.

If not Norwich, then you can be guaranteed they will avoid a tricky game on the last day yet again.

Gary L
17 June 2011 08:02:32

If not Norwich, then you can be guaranteed they will avoid a tricky game on the last day yet again.

Sunderland Away.

Saint Snow
17 June 2011 08:44:38

Originally Posted by: Gary L 

Sunderland Away.

Someone's head is for the chop for warming the wrong ball       

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Saint Snow
18 June 2011 22:36:09

Is Lerner aiming for mid-table mediocrity the boring way?

I cannot fathom the logic of appointing McLeish. Villa are a big club - fanbase, history, etc - and as long as I can recall have had a reputation for playing decent football.

McLeish had Birmingham set up to play negative, uninspiring football. OK, he had limited resources - but other managers in similar positions have at least tried to play football. He won the Mickey Mouse Cup, but then couldn't gee his team out of a freefall that ended in relegation.

I can understand the anger from Villa fans. McLeish's sides play negative, boring football; ultimately he's been a failure in English football; he's coming fresh from Villa's hated rivals.

WTF is Lerner thinking????

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
meme
20 June 2011 12:06:53
looks like Villas Boas is to become Chelsea's new manager. Maybe it's Mourinho all over again...
future_is_orange
21 June 2011 06:39:24

SAF struggling to get Modric or Schneijder, with Modric wanting to join Chelsea and Schneijder apparently happy at Inter. Diarra of Real Madrid has been linked again tho he is more of a midfiled destroyer, not the type of player that Man U overly need. Hopefully we will be able to secure that midfield creative talent that we really need.

SEMerc
21 June 2011 09:11:03

Originally Posted by: meme 

looks like Villas Boas is to become Chelsea's new manager. Maybe it's Mourinho all over again...

Yep. And if he brings Falcao (and perhaps others) with him, the rest may as well fold up their tents next season. It will be especially frustrating for United and Shiteh fans watching this.

wallaw
21 June 2011 13:50:21

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Yep. And if he brings Falcao (and perhaps others) with him, the rest may as well fold up their tents next season. It will be especially frustrating for United and Shiteh fans watching this.

I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet!! I thought Chelsea were an absolute racing certainty to win the league last year with Arsenal second.........I just could not see united getting close.

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

SEMerc
21 June 2011 16:33:20

Well I figure it this way - the Chavs go 4-3-3 with Torres, Falcao? Drogba?/Hulk? up front.

Perm any three of those four and it's game over.

wallaw
22 June 2011 07:36:59

Originally Posted by: SEMerc 

Well I figure it this way - the Chavs go 4-3-3 with Torres, Falcao? Drogba?/Hulk? up front.

Perm any three of those four and it's game over.

Nah, something will go wrong with them 3, for a start Torres is not what he was and Drogba will huff and puff at not being the number one guy.........also it is not a given that Falcao will succeed in English football, other super stars have come and failed.

Even if the do go down that route, they will surely continue with Lampard through the middle and with no real wide men and such a narrow midfield, team will soon work out how to get down the channels. They may be great going forward but the better sides will score against such an attacking team.........................remember Newcastle under Keegan? The you get 3 and we will get 4 approach can only work up to a point..............

..........unless you're Barcelona of course

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

meme
23 June 2011 20:06:25
Villa going down next season. McLeish in, Young out, Friedel out. Definitely favourites for the drop.
haghir22
25 June 2011 11:41:40

Villa going down next season. McLeish in, Young out, Friedel out. Definitely favourites for the drop.

Interesting take. Worth a bet that. I still think that compared with Wolves, Swansea, Wigan, QPR, Norwich and West Brom, Villa should be safe.

YNWA
future_is_orange
26 June 2011 07:17:41

Originally Posted by: haghir22 

Interesting take. Worth a bet that. I still think that compared with Wolves, Swansea, Wigan, QPR, Norwich and West Brom, Villa should be safe.

Swansea and Norwich look faves for the drop.....IMO Villa will be safe

meme
26 June 2011 14:03:50
I think Lambert has Norwich playing a style well suited to the Premier League and I'll reckon they'll finish about 15th, with Villa, QPR, and Wigan (especially if they lose N'Zog) taking the drop places.

All guesswork really though!