NickR
15 May 2012 11:21:38

I haven't yet recovered from watching Shitteh buy the league - well paid, chaps, well paid... but still I had to post this. WTF are the government doing? It's not their place to get involved in this. And as for Jack Straw - surely this amounts to abuse of his position as MP (as it has done every since he got on the bandwagon):

1215:
FOOTBALL
The fans' group campaigning for the removal of Blackburn manager Steve Kean have been granted meetings with Government and the Premier League to air their concerns.

Blackburn MP and former Home Secretary, Jack Straw, has facilitated a meeting of the fans with sports minister Hugh Robertson next month and the Premier League have agreed in principle to meet them too.

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
atom
15 May 2012 11:29:40

Originally Posted by: NickR 

I haven't yet recovered from watching Shitteh buy the league - well paid, chaps, well paid... but still I had to post this. WTF are the government doing? It's not their place to get involved in this. And as for Jack Straw - surely this amounts to abuse of his position as MP (as it has done every since he got on the bandwagon):

1215:
FOOTBALL
The fans' group campaigning for the removal of Blackburn manager Steve Kean have been granted meetings with Government and the Premier League to air their concerns.

Blackburn MP and former Home Secretary, Jack Straw, has facilitated a meeting of the fans with sports minister Hugh Robertson next month and the Premier League have agreed in principle to meet them too.

wow  what the f. indeed!

also you seem particularly against man city's title win. who do you support? if your club had done the same thing would you be ecstatic you had won the title despite the money element, or would it not feel as special to you. i'm pleased for man city but my opinion is that the club has lost its identity.

NickR
15 May 2012 11:33:03

Originally Posted by: atom 

1215:
FOOTBALL

wow  what the f. indeed!

also you seem particularly against man city's title win. who do you support? if your club had done the same thing would you be ecstatic you had won the title despite the money element, or would it not feel as special to you. i'm pleased for man city but my opinion is that the club has lost its identity.

My boyhood hero was Bryan Robson... which should tell you who I support (no, it's not Albion!). There's a difference between spending money earnt through footballing and commercial success (in the case of my team) and spending money from a Sugar Daddy IMO... your last sentence pretty well sums up what happens in the latter case. Can't wait for the Financial Fair Play rules to come in so Shiteh can be consigned to the darkness once again.

Nick
Durham
[email protected]
SEMerc
15 May 2012 11:42:09

1215:
FOOTBALL

Quite ludicrous. As you say, Straw is abusing his position as an MP.

The only saving grace in all of this is that Keane will probably be gone soon anyway because of the Youtube video. That's assuming Venky's have any sense (not guaranteed based on their past performance though).

britbob
15 May 2012 14:44:24

Rafa, the perfect man, he still has his home on Merseyside!

Rumours floating on the net, Dalglish has stepped down.

CAPE-steve
15 May 2012 15:13:45
Nice to see the managerial merry-go-round up and running smoothly 🙂
Romfordman
15 May 2012 16:32:59

Pennant was given an eight-week sentence, suspended for 12 months, after admitting drink driving, driving while disqualified and driving without insurance.

He was disqualified from driving for three years and ordered to pay costs at Trafford Magistrates Court.

Would your average person joe public, get this sort of sentence for drink driving!

Richard
35m asl
No matter who you vote for the government always gets in
Romfordman
15 May 2012 16:38:48

Former Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is to sue Steve Kean, the man who replaced him at the club, over comments made about him in a video posted online, according to the Telegraph.

Kean, who took over after Allardyce was sacked in December 2010, appears in a clip posted by a Rovers fan group named BRFC Action Group which was apparently filmed during a tour of the Far East last summer and without his knowledge.

The clip shows Kean making disparaging remarks about Allardyce, who is now in charge at Championship club West Ham United.

According to the Telegraph, Allardyce has instructed his lawyers to begin proceedings against the man who served as his assistant at Ewood Park, and is also considering doing likewise against Blackburn's owners, Indian poultry producers Venky's.

Richard
35m asl
CAPE-steve
15 May 2012 17:04:21

Originally Posted by: Romfordman 

Former Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce is to sue Steve Kean, the man who replaced him at the club, over comments made about him in a video posted online, according to the Telegraph.

Kean, who took over after Allardyce was sacked in December 2010, appears in a clip posted by a Rovers fan group named BRFC Action Group which was apparently filmed during a tour of the Far East last summer and without his knowledge.

The clip shows Kean making disparaging remarks about Allardyce, who is now in charge at Championship club West Ham United.

According to the Telegraph, Allardyce has instructed his lawyers to begin proceedings against the man who served as his assistant at Ewood Park, and is also considering doing likewise against Blackburn's owners, Indian poultry producers Venky's.

Steve Kean is surely, surely going to leave the club now. I had, well I still have a modicum of sympathy for the bloke (which is why I defended him when Solar Cycles criticised him so strongly), but that video does portray him as a complete tosser. He might have had a few pints in him though, and I don't approve of the secret videoing either.

It's out for everyone to see though, and as if relegation wasn't enough of a reason to walk the plank, I think this video is.

Solar Cycles
15 May 2012 18:18:16

Originally Posted by: CAPE-steve 

Originally Posted by: Romfordman 

Steve Kean is surely, surely going to leave the club now. I had, well I still have a modicum of sympathy for the bloke (which is why I defended him when Solar Cycles criticised him so strongly), but that video does portray him as a complete tosser. He might have had a few pints in him though, and I don't approve of the secret videoing either.

It's out for everyone to see though, and as if relegation wasn't enough of a reason to walk the plank, I think this video is.

It's the tip of the iceberg, there have been many gagging orders made including when Sam was sacked. I would say more, but in these days of libels I will keep my silence, but all I will say is I know lots more than what is now being discussed. 

Romfordman
16 May 2012 15:39:47

So Dalglish is gone excellent news for some.

Richard
35m asl
Romfordman
16 May 2012 15:41:16

Widely reported that he has been sacked

Richard
35m asl
SEMerc
16 May 2012 15:44:25

Yep gone. A great shame.

atom
16 May 2012 15:44:33

yes bbc sport now reporting it http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18073446

roberto martinez looks favourite to replace him

Saint Snow
16 May 2012 15:47:31

Dalglish gone

I never thought he was the right man for the job in the first place, and thought Liverpool this season have been p***-poor. But now he's gone, I feel gutted.

He is such a Liverpool legend, and I hope he fell on his sword, rather than was given an ultimatum.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
SEMerc
16 May 2012 15:48:55

A quote from 'Queen' Kenny as recently as Saturday - in response to reports he would be off.

"I expect the owners to have more dignity and integrity than to believe a story in a newspaper."

NUT
16 May 2012 15:51:59

Don't think you will see Kenny in management again to be honest. Has never been quite the same manager since he left Blackburn (Was not too great at Newcastle and his brief spell in charge at Celtic was awful)

atom
16 May 2012 15:52:03

i'm off now to see what effect this has had on rawk...

edit lol i'm there for one minute and on the first page

"I actually feel sick. And after faking a sickie off work as well"

now there's a surprise

britbob
16 May 2012 15:57:39

Gone are the days when managers are given at least a few seasons to prove themselves. All about instant success these days. Though personally I think Dalglish was the wrong choice perhaps. Must admit, feel bad for him, he clearly wants the best for the club. I heard Rafa is waiting for a call!!!!

SEMerc
16 May 2012 16:03:14

Originally Posted by: atom 

i'm off now to see what effect this has had on rawk...

edit lol i'm there for one minute and on the first page

"I actually feel sick. And after faking a sickie off work as well"

now there's a surprise

RAWK is well and truly going into meltdown. I haven't seen such a demonstration of public grief since Princess Diana died.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293622.0