Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

107 Pages«<103104105106107>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline wallaw  
#2081 Posted : 14 May 2012 07:13:16(UTC)
wallaw

Man

A fantastic end to the season, Man City deservedly getting the title.

One thing I would say about the Barton incident, whilst I don't condone it, the only thing he did wrong in my eyes was not hit him hard enough.

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

Offline wallaw  
#2082 Posted : 14 May 2012 08:30:39(UTC)
wallaw

Man

I do fear for Liverpool, out of loyalty they will give King Kenny another year and as a result I can see another 2 or 3 teams moving ahead of them. I would not at all be surprised to see Liverpool finish in the bottom half next season if Kenny stays

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

SEMerc  
#2083 Posted : 14 May 2012 08:34:24(UTC)

And here's the DVD.

SHOW EXTERNAL IMAGES

Offline Saint Snow  
#2084 Posted : 14 May 2012 08:50:47(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

As the Citeh fans were singing after the game:

We won the League, In Fergie time

"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

Martin

Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)

A TWO addict since 14/12/01

Offline Gary L  
#2085 Posted : 14 May 2012 09:55:57(UTC)
Gary L

So it's the next day and I'm still having surges of pain. If we'd have pulled it off it would have felt as good as John Terry hitting the post in Moscow. 

ugh, So close to as high as you can go only to come crashing down. nothing can describe how bad that felt yesterday. I wish they'd battered QPR from the start.  

I've been so wrapped up in the title race I'd barely glanced at the rest of the table, I still can't believe City and United are 19 points clear of Arsenal. I think United will keep pace with City next season and be there or there abouts, I'm more concerned about the rest of the league, I can't see them catching up with City or United at the moment.

Offline SydneyonTees  
#2086 Posted : 14 May 2012 10:53:21(UTC)
SydneyonTees

So congratulations to Man City, just catching up with it all, brings back memories of 1989!!

Been comparing the two, the end of this season with the final game of the season in May 1989 and it is pretty close for the drama.

I still think the Arsenal victory in May 1989 JUST shades it for me. The top two teams were going up against each other for it, Arsenal needing to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield to nick the title on goal diff and got the final goal in injury time.

Both great games though.

Offline SydneyonTees  
#2087 Posted : 14 May 2012 10:56:40(UTC)
SydneyonTees

Originally Posted by: wallaw Go to Quoted Post

I do fear for Liverpool, out of loyalty they will give King Kenny another year and as a result I can see another 2 or 3 teams moving ahead of them. I would not at all be surprised to see Liverpool finish in the bottom half next season if Kenny stays

Indeed, I can't see an end to Liverpool's title drought anytime soon, could be a long wait yet.

Offline The Beast from the East  
#2088 Posted : 14 May 2012 10:57:00(UTC)
The Beast from the East

Man

Cant add much to whats been said so far. As a neutral it was a great season. First, City appearing to throw the title away in March going 8 points behind. I thought the defeat to Arsenal and Ballotelli's sending off in disgrace was the end of it. But suprisingly Man U threw it away themselves with the loss to Wigan and then the 4-4 with Everton.

A fitting finale yesterday, with City once again appearing to "bottle it". I felt so sorry for them and their supporters and in fact I was comiserating with a few of them in the pub yesterday as the 90 minutes ticked over. They were virtually in pieces and tears were flowing, only to be replaced with tears of joy moments later! Unbelievable and a perfect demonstration of why "the beautuful game" remains so popular all over the world

"We have some alternative facts for you"

Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President

Offline Gooner  
#2089 Posted : 14 May 2012 12:52:51(UTC)
Gooner

Man

Originally Posted by: SydneyonTees Go to Quoted Post

So congratulations to Man City, just catching up with it all, brings back memories of 1989!!

Been comparing the two, the end of this season with the final game of the season in May 1989 and it is pretty close for the drama.

I still think the Arsenal victory in May 1989 JUST shades it for me. The top two teams were going up against each other for it, Arsenal needing to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield to nick the title on goal diff and got the final goal in injury time.

Both great games though.

Agreed , that takes some beating

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus

Banbury

North Oxfordshire

378 feet A S L

Offline Saint Snow  
#2090 Posted : 14 May 2012 13:14:52(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

Originally Posted by: Gooner Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: SydneyonTees Go to Quoted Post

Both great games though.

Agreed , that takes some beating

It never happened 

"Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect."

Martin

Offline Matty H  
#2091 Posted : 14 May 2012 15:35:25(UTC)
Matty H

Man

It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans."

When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving?

I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.

Yate, Nr Bristol

atom  
#2092 Posted : 14 May 2012 15:50:40(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Matty H Go to Quoted Post
It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans." When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving? I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.

100% agree with you. there are plenty of clubs out there that have been through a lot worse than man city that's for sure. pleased for them, but some people just get caught up in the moment and simply lose it completely!

Offline Romfordman  
#2093 Posted : 14 May 2012 16:40:28(UTC)
Romfordman

It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans." When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving? I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.

There will be nothing really special about Man City either until they have won the title a couple of times since.

Richard

35m asl

No matter who you vote for the government always gets in

Offline Matty H  
#2094 Posted : 14 May 2012 17:53:41(UTC)
Matty H

Man

More good news. Gary Neville has signed up to the England coaching staff, which hopefully means his coma inducing monotone durge will disappear from Sky.

Yate, Nr Bristol

Offline Saint Snow  
#2095 Posted : 14 May 2012 18:03:57(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

The biggest issue is that they've had to live in the shadow of their neighbours & bitter rivals. Playing second fiddle is 'orrible. Scum-U have always had the media kissing their arse, and recent hot streak of trophies came at a time when City lurched from one crisis to another. Don't forget that City have had more than their fair share of false dawns, too. I remember the Franny Lee consortium promising the moon on a stick, then delivering sod all. Later came that dodgy Shinawatara bloke. Sven was brought in, then bought about 20 players out of a catalogue. All this time, the Scum-U fans took the p*ss relentlessly.

Replace Man City with Bristol City, and Bristol Rovers with the Scum. Then say that your lean years aren't made that much more cruel.

Anyway, I was walking through Manchester city centre this evening and it was rammed, full of City fans with looks that could generally be described as "over the moon, but not quite believing it". I found myself walking to my car with a big smile on my face, having to stop myself going over to some to congratulate them - not only for winning, but the way they did it, letting the Scum-U fans think their team had nicked it, before nabbing 2 Fergietime goals to slash all over their rivals' heads

Martin

Offline Matty H  
#2096 Posted : 14 May 2012 18:06:56(UTC)
Matty H

Man

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow Go to Quoted Post

The biggest issue is that they've had to live in the shadow of their neighbours & bitter rivals. Playing second fiddle is 'orrible. Scum-U have always had the media kissing their arse, and recent hot streak of trophies came at a time when City lurched from one crisis to another. Don't forget that City have had more than their fair share of false dawns, too. I remember the Franny Lee consortium promising the moon on a stick, then delivering sod all. Later came that dodgy Shinawatara bloke. Sven was brought in, then bought about 20 players out of a catalogue. All this time, the Scum-U fans took the p*ss relentlessly.

Replace Man City with Bristol City, and Bristol Rovers with the Scum. Then say that your lean years aren't made that much more cruel.

Anyway, I was walking through Manchester city centre this evening and it was rammed, full of City fans with looks that could generally be described as "over the moon, but not quite believing it". I found myself walking to my car with a big smile on my face, having to stop myself going over to some to congratulate them - not only for winning, but the way they did it, letting the Scum-U fans think their team had nicked it, before nabbing 2 Fergietime goals to slash all over their rivals' heads

Well that's the thing; Bristol Rovers have been below us for virtually the whole of time ever, so does that mean they are deserving of winning the Prem? You could argue Bolton deserve it because it's virtually Manchester. What about Stockport? Surely they are the real deserving winners of the Prem?

Yate, Nr Bristol

Offline Saint Snow  
#2097 Posted : 14 May 2012 18:16:15(UTC)
Saint Snow

Man

Well that's the thing; Bristol Rovers have been below us for virtually the whole of time ever, so does that mean they are deserving of winning the Prem? You could argue Bolton deserve it because it's virtually Manchester. What about Stockport? Surely they are the real deserving winners of the Prem?

Sorry, I thought you were having a pop at them being labelled 'special fans' and for people saying they've been 'through thick and thin'.

Well, of course they deserved to win the Prem. Not because their fans are long-suffering, but because they finished top.

Martin

Offline Matty H  
#2098 Posted : 14 May 2012 18:18:55(UTC)
Matty H

Man

Sorry, I thought you were having a pop at them being labelled 'special fans' and for people saying they've been 'through thick and thin'.

Well, of course they deserved to win the Prem. Not because their fans are long-suffering, but because they finished top.

Not having a pop at them, I'm having a pop at the muppets who are lauding them as some sort of social retards that have just won a childs spelling bee and deserve extra special praise and a lollypop

Yate, Nr Bristol

Offline TomC  
#2099 Posted : 14 May 2012 21:31:12(UTC)
TomC

I was wearing blue today in Manchester Uni today pure coincidence but big mistake

Offline Romfordman  
#2100 Posted : 14 May 2012 21:39:09(UTC)
Romfordman

Originally Posted by: TomC Go to Quoted Post

I was wearing blue today in Manchester Uni today pure coincidence but big mistake

Oops

Richard

35m asl

No matter who you vote for the government always gets in