Saint Snow
14 May 2012 08:50:47

As the Citeh fans were singing after the game:

We won the League, In Fergie time

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Gary L
14 May 2012 09:55:57

So it's the next day and I'm still having surges of pain. If we'd have pulled it off it would have felt as good as John Terry hitting the post in Moscow. 

ugh, So close to as high as you can go only to come crashing down. nothing can describe how bad that felt yesterday. I wish they'd battered QPR from the start.  

I've been so wrapped up in the title race I'd barely glanced at the rest of the table, I still can't believe City and United are 19 points clear of Arsenal. I think United will keep pace with City next season and be there or there abouts, I'm more concerned about the rest of the league, I can't see them catching up with City or United at the moment.

SydneyonTees
14 May 2012 10:53:21

So congratulations to Man City, just catching up with it all, brings back memories of 1989!!

Been comparing the two, the end of this season with the final game of the season in May 1989 and it is pretty close for the drama.

I still think the Arsenal victory in May 1989 JUST shades it for me. The top two teams were going up against each other for it, Arsenal needing to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield to nick the title on goal diff and got the final goal in injury time.

Both great games though.

SydneyonTees
14 May 2012 10:56:40

Originally Posted by: wallaw 

I do fear for Liverpool, out of loyalty they will give King Kenny another year and as a result I can see another 2 or 3 teams moving ahead of them. I would not at all be surprised to see Liverpool finish in the bottom half next season if Kenny stays

Indeed, I can't see an end to Liverpool's title drought anytime soon, could be a long wait yet.

The Beast from the East
14 May 2012 10:57:00

Cant add much to whats been said so far. As a neutral it was a great season. First, City appearing to throw the title away in March going 8 points behind. I thought the defeat to Arsenal and Ballotelli's sending off in disgrace was the end of it. But suprisingly Man U threw it away themselves with the loss to Wigan and then the 4-4 with Everton.

A fitting finale yesterday, with City once again appearing to "bottle it". I felt so sorry for them and their supporters and in fact I was comiserating with a few of them in the pub yesterday as the 90 minutes ticked over. They were virtually in pieces and tears were flowing, only to be replaced with tears of joy moments later! Unbelievable and a perfect demonstration of why "the beautuful game" remains so popular all over the world

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
Gooner
14 May 2012 12:52:51

Originally Posted by: SydneyonTees 

So congratulations to Man City, just catching up with it all, brings back memories of 1989!!

Been comparing the two, the end of this season with the final game of the season in May 1989 and it is pretty close for the drama.

I still think the Arsenal victory in May 1989 JUST shades it for me. The top two teams were going up against each other for it, Arsenal needing to win by 2 clear goals at Anfield to nick the title on goal diff and got the final goal in injury time.

Both great games though.

Agreed , that takes some beating

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Saint Snow
14 May 2012 13:14:52

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

Originally Posted by: SydneyonTees 

Both great games though.

Agreed , that takes some beating

It never happened 

Martin
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Matty H
  • Matty H
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
14 May 2012 15:35:25
It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans."
When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving?

I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.
atom
14 May 2012 15:50:40

Originally Posted by: Matty H 

It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans." When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving? I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.

100% agree with you. there are plenty of clubs out there that have been through a lot worse than man city that's for sure. pleased for them, but some people just get caught up in the moment and simply lose it completely!

Romfordman
14 May 2012 16:40:28

It's only been 24 hours and I'm already bored shitless of hearing about Man City's "Special fans." When a caller pulled the reporter to task on why they were deemed so, the reporter's response was "What you have to understand is these fans have been through thick and thin." Yes, because that doesn't apply to 99.9% of teams in the football leagues does it? Let alone the fact most have only ever known 'thin.' So who's more deserving? I've nothing against Man City, but it's bollox like this that makes people hate clubs.

There will be nothing really special about Man City either until they have won the title a couple of times since.

Richard
35m asl
No matter who you vote for the government always gets in
Matty H
  • Matty H
14 May 2012 17:53:41

More good news. Gary Neville has signed up to the England coaching staff, which hopefully means his coma inducing monotone durge will disappear from Sky.

Saint Snow
14 May 2012 18:03:57

The biggest issue is that they've had to live in the shadow of their neighbours & bitter rivals. Playing second fiddle is 'orrible. Scum-U have always had the media kissing their arse, and recent hot streak of trophies came at a time when City lurched from one crisis to another. Don't forget that City have had more than their fair share of false dawns, too. I remember the Franny Lee consortium promising the moon on a stick, then delivering sod all. Later came that dodgy Shinawatara bloke. Sven was brought in, then bought about 20 players out of a catalogue. All this time, the Scum-U fans took the p*ss relentlessly.

Replace Man City with Bristol City, and Bristol Rovers with the Scum. Then say that your lean years aren't made that much more cruel.

Anyway, I was walking through Manchester city centre this evening and it was rammed, full of City fans with looks that could generally be described as "over the moon, but not quite believing it". I found myself walking to my car with a big smile on my face, having to stop myself going over to some to congratulate them - not only for winning, but the way they did it, letting the Scum-U fans think their team had nicked it, before nabbing 2 Fergietime goals to slash all over their rivals' heads

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
Matty H
  • Matty H
14 May 2012 18:06:56

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

The biggest issue is that they've had to live in the shadow of their neighbours & bitter rivals. Playing second fiddle is 'orrible. Scum-U have always had the media kissing their arse, and recent hot streak of trophies came at a time when City lurched from one crisis to another. Don't forget that City have had more than their fair share of false dawns, too. I remember the Franny Lee consortium promising the moon on a stick, then delivering sod all. Later came that dodgy Shinawatara bloke. Sven was brought in, then bought about 20 players out of a catalogue. All this time, the Scum-U fans took the p*ss relentlessly.

Replace Man City with Bristol City, and Bristol Rovers with the Scum. Then say that your lean years aren't made that much more cruel.

Anyway, I was walking through Manchester city centre this evening and it was rammed, full of City fans with looks that could generally be described as "over the moon, but not quite believing it". I found myself walking to my car with a big smile on my face, having to stop myself going over to some to congratulate them - not only for winning, but the way they did it, letting the Scum-U fans think their team had nicked it, before nabbing 2 Fergietime goals to slash all over their rivals' heads

Well that's the thing; Bristol Rovers have been below us for virtually the whole of time ever, so does that mean they are deserving of winning the Prem? You could argue Bolton deserve it because it's virtually Manchester. What about Stockport? Surely they are the real deserving winners of the Prem?

Saint Snow
14 May 2012 18:16:15

Well that's the thing; Bristol Rovers have been below us for virtually the whole of time ever, so does that mean they are deserving of winning the Prem? You could argue Bolton deserve it because it's virtually Manchester. What about Stockport? Surely they are the real deserving winners of the Prem?

Sorry, I thought you were having a pop at them being labelled 'special fans' and for people saying they've been 'through thick and thin'.

Well, of course they deserved to win the Prem. Not because their fans are long-suffering, but because they finished top.

Martin
Aneurin Bevan
Matty H
  • Matty H
14 May 2012 18:18:55

Sorry, I thought you were having a pop at them being labelled 'special fans' and for people saying they've been 'through thick and thin'.

Well, of course they deserved to win the Prem. Not because their fans are long-suffering, but because they finished top.

Not having a pop at them, I'm having a pop at the muppets who are lauding them as some sort of social retards that have just won a childs spelling bee and deserve extra special praise and a lollypop

TomC
  • TomC
  • Advanced Member
14 May 2012 21:31:12

I was wearing blue today in Manchester Uni today pure coincidence but big mistake

Romfordman
14 May 2012 21:39:09

Originally Posted by: TomC 

I was wearing blue today in Manchester Uni today pure coincidence but big mistake

Oops

Richard
35m asl
No matter who you vote for the government always gets in
SEMerc
14 May 2012 21:40:06

Originally Posted by: TomC 

Yes, but at least it's in Manchester and not far from Shiteh's old ground of course.

wallaw
15 May 2012 07:28:42

I see the most horrid little cretin in all football (perhaps the world?) has made another huge error of judgement. I've been defending Joey Barton all day yesterday, I'm not his biggest fan and I don't think he hit Tevez hard enough, but at least he did what I've been dreaming of all year.........god I bet that felt great Joey???!!

Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

Solar Cycles
15 May 2012 08:35:57

More revelations on just what an egotistical twohat our esteemed ( hopefully ) former manager is.

http://www.youtube.com/watchtv?v=9xcB9XfLjL8