johncs2016
02 July 2022 07:31:45

Overnight rain has now cleared away here in Edinburgh, but there is still a lot of cloud around and a few showers.

Since 10am BST (09:00 UTC) yesterday morning, a total of 8.4 mm of rain has fallen at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 11.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

That makes yesterday the second wettest day of this summer so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank (it was the wettest day there since 8 June 2022) and the wettest day of this summer so far at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh (it was actually the wettest day there since 13 February 2022).

This has clearly been our wettest start to any month for a very long time and this should help to ease any fears about possible water restrictions for now.

However, the outlook according the various models is still very dry and because of that, I wouldn't be surprised if this month still ended up being substantially drier than average despite this very wet start to it.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 11.5°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am BST (07:00 UTC) this morning was around 13°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
02 July 2022 08:33:00

Light rain.

12.9c

1016.0mb rising

2.6mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
richardabdn
02 July 2022 09:39:46

Exactly one year on from last years summer collapsing into absolute hell with the worst week of July weather since 2012, following a decent June, it looks like the same thing is happening again.

Horrific featureless overcast with pitiful light drizzly rain and only 13.4C 

Apart from Thursday afternoon it has been dire since Tuesday but at least yesterday's rain was summer rain and there were interesting skies. This is like November 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
ARTzeman
02 July 2022 09:42:32

Changeable, Precipitation likely. Cloudy with light drizzle. 15.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
02 July 2022 13:30:01

Fair with sunny spells and varied cloud amounts. A comfortably warm 20.9 C & 70% H, especially as winds are lighter than yesterday. I'd sit on the garden chair but have a bit of a headache.

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
02 July 2022 14:31:51

Grey. Cloudy. Damp. 14.0c

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
02 July 2022 20:31:25

Today was a fairly bright and breezy day, and normal service was resumed in terms of it never actually raining here.

As at 9pm BST (20:00 UTC) this evening though, a total of just 2.9 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank and so, this month is already shaping up to be nowhere near as sunny as this same month during last year when the Sun shone all the way through the trip to Hawick which I made back then.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was around 18.7°C.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm BST (20:00 UTC) this evening was around 15°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.