johncs2016
29 June 2022 07:36:23

Today has started off on a mostly cloudy note here in Edinburgh and everything looks a bit wet from some earlier rainfall.

However, my recent experiences have told that even looking at the most recent rainfall data for this area is a complete waste of time as there is never anything meaningful to report from that anymore, so I have now completely given up on doing that.

That is something which I had hoped that I never have to end up doing, but that is the sad and sorry state of just how predictable and boring, our weather (or rather, the lack of any actual weather in these parts) has now become.

One difference from yesterday though is that there are a few breaks in that cloud with the occasional sunny interval, so today shouldn't at least end up being completely sunless like what yesterday was.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 11.0°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am BST (07:00 UTC) this morning was around 13°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
29 June 2022 09:17:29

Sunny Intervals. 15.0c. Humidity 78% Rh.

Southerly breeze 9 mph.

1010 hPa. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
29 June 2022 09:58:54

Showery.

12.9c

1009.4mb rising

2.2mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
29 June 2022 10:33:17

Here in Edinburgh, it is now absolutely chucking it down with rain as I write, thus providing our gardens with some very welcome and much needed rainfall at long last.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11am BST (10:00 UTC) this morning was around 16°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
29 June 2022 13:52:19
Bright spells and variable amounts of cloud and fairly warm at 20.0c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

idj20
29 June 2022 15:28:20

Not quite so Summer-like with overcast skies and a rather below par 17.7 C. But still dry and winds are light so it is feeling comfortably mild anyway.

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
29 June 2022 16:08:26

Here in Edinburgh, the earlier heavy showers have cleared away and this afternoon has been brighter, but with only occasional sunny intervals.

As at 4pm BST (15:00 UTC) this afternoon though, a total of just 36 minutes of sunshine has been recorded for the whole of today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank which would be considered to be really abysmal even in the darkest part of the winter, let alone in the middle of summer.

Since tomorrow isn't looking all that sunny either according to the latest forecasts, this month is now unlikely to end up being our sunniest month of this year as is the case up in Aberdeen.

Furthermore, this month will actually now end up being yet another duller than month at Edinburgh Gogarbank if we don't manage to get an overall total of at least 7.1 more hours of sunshine between now and the end of tomorrow.

This is showing us once again that actually getting a sunnier than average summer month is clearly too much to ask for in this part of the world, even though we were lucky enough to have got away with getting quite a lot of sunshine during last summer.

The temperatures aren't too bad and the temperature at 4pm BST (15:00 UTC) this afternoon was around 18°C here in Edinburgh after peaking at around 19°C about an hour or so ago.

idj20
29 June 2022 20:12:45

Just started raining here but it's mostly light and damp stuff which wont even touch the sides of my parched lawn, I sweat more than that.

A muggy feeling 15.2 C and winds are still light.

Folkestone Harbour. 
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
29 June 2022 20:28:28

Wet.

10.9c

1009.7mb rising

10.2mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.