doctormog
26 May 2022 17:50:24

Originally Posted by: Retron 

19C down, 21.5C upstairs - all the upstairs windows are open.

18.6C outside.

It'd be interesting to see everyone's range. Mine is 17 to 20, 22 is a bit warm and 25 and up is unpleasantly warm.

I’d be the same and my Hive thermostat is set at 17°C (14°C at night).

DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
26 May 2022 20:10:04

18.7 downstairs, 21.4 on 1st floor (a town house, 1st floor has living room & kitchen, the oven's been on, 2nd floor bedrooms)

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
Jiries
26 May 2022 21:30:12

Originally Posted by: Hungry Tiger 

My house is feeling quite chilly now even though it's 20C. My normal comfortable temperature in my house is 22C to 24C.

25C is very comfortable and warm. did not see more than 22 downstairs so far this year and now near to June.  should be mic 20's for summer months.

Gusty
27 May 2022 07:58:15

We've staged a recovery in the past 24 hours.

This mornings low of 19.3c is a full degree warmer than this time yesterday.

18c temperatures and outside sunshine managed to warm the hallway to 20.4c yesterday evening.

Hopefully the recovery will continue today.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

westv
27 May 2022 08:07:32

19.5 in my "office"

At least it will be mild!
ARTzeman
27 May 2022 12:14:25

23.3c. With sunshine streaming n through lounge windows.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Tim A
  • Tim A
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
27 May 2022 12:51:06
18.5c now up from 17c yesterday. My comfortable range is 18-22c.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Hungry Tiger
27 May 2022 13:27:30

Up by 1.5C since yesterday - Comfortable now and thank goodness my elderly mother isn't wanting to turn on electric radiators.

22C downstairs and 24C upstairs.

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

Gusty
28 May 2022 06:57:31

The recovery continues (for now).

20.1c was the low this morning following an early evening high yesterday of 22.1c with sunshine streaming through.

This morning we have sunshine streaming through the east facing windows and as a result we are already climbing @ 20.4c.

Cooler and cloudier tomorrow so hopefully we'll be able to bank some warmth today while we've got some.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent

Jiries
28 May 2022 08:25:35

Originally Posted by: Gusty 

The recovery continues (for now).

20.1c was the low this morning following an early evening high yesterday of 22.1c with sunshine streaming through.

This morning we have sunshine streaming through the east facing windows and as a result we are already climbing @ 20.4c.

Cooler and cloudier tomorrow so hopefully we'll be able to bank some warmth today while we've got some.

If you install the conservatory, a simple one not too expensive this will really warm up indoors well, my neighour have one small one that fit his back french doors his indoor temps very warm.  If I put one next year will open the french doors when it warm already then bring in the warmth inside to evening and close it when it get cooler so retain the warmth indoors.  He have room temps of 23-25C while here 20 or 21C the most.

20C here after 19C low so that still below average for this time of the year and with longest daylight should be in low to mid 20's levels, not seen that since last year early Sept heatwave.

ARTzeman
28 May 2022 08:59:55

Lounge 22.0c Hallway 22.0c Bedroom at the rear of the bungalow is 21.0c.

Others just get wet.
Gusty
29 May 2022 07:19:30

A low of 19.5c this morning following a brief early evening peak of 21.6c yesterday evening.

A cooling trend can be expected over the next 24 hours but for now sun streaming through those east facing windows is arresting that slow fall.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent

doctormog
29 May 2022 07:28:13

15.3°C this morning so the heating kicked in for a bit. The strong, cold northerly is definitely taking the heat away.

ARTzeman
29 May 2022 08:10:49

22.8 c. Nothing unusual.

Others just get wet.
Tim A
  • Tim A
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
29 May 2022 10:20:58
Could be a tough couple of days here, heating is not connected at the moment.
16c inside this morning , but fortunately some unexpected morning sun has raised it to 18c. Only 11.6c outside though.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
29 May 2022 10:23:49

It's only about 8C outside but downstairs is 19.8C and upstairs 17.8C, however wood stove has been on for 2 or 3 hours the past two evenings as it has been more or less early winter temperatures and very windy for 2 or 3 days.
At the Lion Inn Blakey Ridge, the WX station is showing 6.6C currently. I would expect the current heavy showers are somewhat sleety up there.

Chunky Pea
29 May 2022 11:14:38

Been hovering between 17-19c both upstairs and downstairs pretty much all Spring. 

I bought two of these little thermos in early January:

Govee Room Thermometer Hygrometer, Bluetooth Digital Indoor Temperature Humidity Sensor with Smart Alert and Data Storage, for Baby Home Cellar : Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

and placed one an exposed part of the landing and another one in the kitchen. Great thing about them you can monitor readings from them in real time on your phone and download data also for analysis. The reason I got them is that I don't particularly trust indoor temp/hum readings from the Davis consoles that I own, because when placed side by side, they both show different results by a significant margin. 

Current Conditions
https://t.ly/MEYqg 

"You don't have to know anything to have an opinion"
--Roger P, 12/Oct/2022
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
30 May 2022 08:35:52

Down to 18C again in the living room after a couple of cool nights. I doubt it will rise much, if at all, until later in the week when we tap into more sunshine and higher outdoor temperatures so that we can open the windows up downstairs again. As usual, upstairs is a bit warmer. 

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
wallaw
30 May 2022 08:52:51
I really do need to look into some better insulation.

The indoor temp here in Teesside has not been above 17 for some time now. I refuse to put the heating back on for even 30 minutes at the end of May. Current temp in my little office (downstairs and 1 wall attached to garage) is 14.1
Ian

Stockton-on-Tees

ARTzeman
30 May 2022 09:46:04

22.5c on the wall thermometer.

Others just get wet.