lanky
  • lanky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
28 December 2021 17:13:43

This is a tiny section cut out from a 360 degree panorama I took in August 2019 from the Clock Tower in Caledonian Park Islington (North London) of the Central London skyline about 3-4 miles away

This is just on a pocket compact camera (Sony RX100) and not a telephoto lens so the resolution is just that of a standard wide angle lens

I was interested as it includes all of London's tallest buildings for every year from 1710 to present

You can only see the pic properly by clicking inside it then clicking the + sign then scrolling horizontally

Martin
Richmond, Surrey
Bertwhistle
28 December 2021 19:45:18

Originally Posted by: lanky 

This is a tiny section cut out from a 360 degree panorama I took in August 2019 from the Clock Tower in Caledonian Park Islington (North London) of the Central London skyline about 3-4 miles away

This is just on a pocket compact camera (Sony RX100) and not a telephoto lens so the resolution is just that of a standard wide angle lens

I was interested as it includes all of London's tallest buildings for every year from 1710 to present

You can only see the pic properly by clicking inside it then clicking the + sign then scrolling horizontally

Fascinating- well worth a look readers.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
31 December 2021 21:44:27

Amazing view - and respect for getting the technology to work. 

There's almost as good a view from the 6th floor Tate members' gallery

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
lanky
  • lanky
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
01 January 2022 14:26:40

Originally Posted by: DEW 

Amazing view - and respect for getting the technology to work. 

There's almost as good a view from the 6th floor Tate members' gallery

Cheers

This was the Tower where the photo was taken from

and this was the complete view before the little skyline portion was cut out and magnified

The main problem was navigating the ladders to get to the top of the tower - they were almost vertical

Martin
Richmond, Surrey