Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
20 October 2021 05:19:12

Good morning.  Calm and damp from earlier rain but sky clearing now and temp falling.  12.5 c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
20 October 2021 05:48:19

Clear skies.

10.0c

1001.6mb falling

6.6mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
ARTzeman
20 October 2021 05:55:12
Rain.Thunder. Lightening. 14°c. Humidity 95% Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
20 October 2021 06:04:26

15C fresh to strong SW wind and after a very wet stormy night it seems to be brightening to the west of here as dawn approaches.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Sevendust
20 October 2021 06:26:53

Another exceptional night at 14.6'c minimum. Very wet at times.

Potent squall feature heading across the south now with some thundery activity as mentioned above 

marco 79
20 October 2021 06:49:55
Heavy rain just easing ..mod SW wind..12.5c..998mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
idj20
20 October 2021 10:36:46

After a good dollop of rain fell in the early hours, the sun did make an appearance earlier on this morning but is now p***ing down again with blustery rain as I type with 14 mm so far today - and that won't be the last of it going by the forecast for tonight.

All that is making the current 17 C feel quite cool and fresh.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Saint Snow
20 October 2021 15:48:36

Tornado rips through Widnes in Cheshire:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/widnes-tornado-leaves-walls-collapsed-21915905

(where it hit is about 5 miles from my house!)

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
20 October 2021 16:52:03

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

Tornado rips through Widnes in Cheshire:

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news/chester-cheshire-news/widnes-tornado-leaves-walls-collapsed-21915905 

(where it hit is about 5 miles from my house!)

Nephew lives in Cheshire and my brother was on the phone to him at lunchtime when they were in the midst of a storm!  

Here it’s been changeable with the odd shower and windy spell but mostly sunny. The air is now much fresher and the temp has dropped to 11c. It was 20c at this time yesterday. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
roadrunnerajn
20 October 2021 18:41:43

Interesting afternoon, very heavy rain clears to leave almost calm but cloudy skies as the centre of the low passes overhead. An hour later squally showers and a gale force NW. Add in the thunder off the north coast at 04:30 this morning and it’s been a good day weather wise.

Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
Crepuscular Ray
20 October 2021 19:12:40

'Highlands & Islands Weather' now reporting snow at Carrbridge near Aviemore. The cold air is digging in now

Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
20 October 2021 21:16:21

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

'Highlands & Islands Weather' now reporting snow at Carrbridge near Aviemore. The cold air is digging in now

That cold front has just arrived here in Edinburgh with a sudden squall. The wind briefly picked up all of a sudden, and the rain has also very quickly set in here.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 10pm tonight was around 8ºC which isn't all that cold for this time of the year, but still cooler than of late.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
johncs2016
20 October 2021 22:31:41
As I write, it's still raining here in Edinburgh but the temperature at 11pm had now suddenly dropped to around 4ºC which is a drop of around 4ºC in the space of just an hour.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
20 October 2021 23:01:24

It has been a blustery evening with occasional heavy squally rain and the odd clear breaks, winds has picked up to strong S but now veered to as SW with "standard" rain as I'm being sheltered by the built up hilly bit rather than coming straight in from the harbour.

I'm also on 27.6 mm for today, half of it in the early hours, some from today's showers and the rest this evening (11 mm until the 12 am station reset). Yet I know other locations across Southern England had far more!

Folkestone Harbour. 
Jason H
20 October 2021 23:05:22
An astonishing 60.4mm has fallen today. And it's still going on now.
I feel great! so maybe I might just
Search for a 9 to 5, if I strive
Then maybe I'll stay alive

Bexleyheath, Kent.