Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
15 October 2021 05:51:08

Good morning.  Dry, calm and clear 6.5c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
15 October 2021 05:57:02

11C calm and partly cloudy.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Crepuscular Ray
15 October 2021 06:53:37
First white frost on the cars and flat roofs. Air Min 1 C
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Skreever
15 October 2021 07:18:43
Cloudy, dry

Wind WNW light breeze

Temp 5.2C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
Tim A
15 October 2021 07:39:23
Mostly clear and chilly, 6.3c.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

ARTzeman
15 October 2021 08:12:53

Cloudy 12.0c. Humidity 87% Rh 

NW Breeze Light 4 mph.

1019 hPa.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
15 October 2021 08:49:49

A cold start to this morning, but a much brighter and sunnier start to today than of late.

Last night was our coldest night of this autumn so far by quite a considerable amount with the first ground frost of this autumn being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

I can't confirm whether or not this is the case across both of my main local stations though, as there has been no data for the botanic gardens in Edinburgh at weatherobs.com since 2am BST (01:00 UTC) on Wednesday (that  is a 99xxx station rather than a 03xxx station which means that my only source of data from there is currently weatherobs.com), but there is likely to have been a ground frost there as well.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 1.2ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank and the temperature at 9am this autumn was only around 3ºC here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
15 October 2021 09:57:38
Due to being quite windy it only got down to 4.9C but is still only 6.9C despite clear skies and less wind now.
Ground frost seems highly likely this evening if not air frost they suggest 3C it will go lower for sure here.
Taylor1740
15 October 2021 12:25:14
3.7c the low this morning, 2-3c lower than was forecast.
NW Leeds - 150m amsl
idj20
15 October 2021 15:27:44

After a dull morning with the lightest of drizzle, the sun came out by 12 pm but the cheer didn't last for long with increased cloud by mid-afternoon onwards. Also a more seasonal 13.8 C & 71& H currently under a light NE breeze.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
15 October 2021 19:22:00

A lovely calm and sunny day, warm in sunshine but cool air otherwise and 13c max. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
15 October 2021 20:56:49
Cloudy. 12.0c Humidity 74%Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
15 October 2021 21:45:42

Today was a bright and mostly sunny sunny day with a total of 7.8 hours of sunshine at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

However, today was also forecast to be our coldest day of this year year so far, raising hopes that we might even get our first single figures maximum temperature of this autumn.

However, neither of those things happened in the end, and today's maximum temperature was 11.4ºC at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 11.1ºC at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

This means that today wasn't even our coldest day of this autumn, and the wait for that first single figures maximum temperature of this season goes on.

Nevertheless, the forecast was us to get a frost with the possibility that we could even get our first air frost of this autumn and for a while, it has looked as though there was the real possibility of this actually happening as the temperatures fell away quickly under clear skies to begin with.

However, it then clouded over and as is so often the case during the autumn and winter months, the temperatures are now refusing to drop here as a result.

In fact, the temperatures have actually gone up here over the last hour or so to around 6ºC here in Edinburgh as at 10pm tonight

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.