richardabdn
31 August 2021 19:06:20

Another three days of grim bleak depressing featureless grot, with under 2 hours sun in total, to end a despicable excuse for a summer. Warmth drained completely from the house.

Can't get abroad, but this could be partly mitigated by getting two long overdue good summers, instead made a thousand times worse by getting the two vilest summers since 2011/12.

Last year the dullest summer since 2012. This year dullest July/August since 2012 with even more overcast days - 34/62 with less than 3 hours sun is just unreal levels of horror 

The last 6 weeks have to be the most break and depressing I've experienced at any time of year. Unreal for summer. Just featureless winter-type overcast that just sits there day in day out. Beyond vile.

Summer is now so grim it's beyond parody and has been for some time. There are no scenarios of downright vileness that lie outside the bounds of possibility anymore.

Winter 2014/15 had more days with 3 hours sun than both the poxy summers of 2020 and 2021. That is a statistic so ludicrous you couldn't even make it up.

The bad is simply never evened up with the good any more. The previous worst run of summers from 1957 to 1966 was then cancelled out by a run of good summers with every year from 1967 to 1977 reaching at least 500 hours. The new worst run of summers from 2007 to 2016 then gets followed by more utter dross. We haven't had a run of good summers since 1989-97. It's horrific.

1988 gets a bad press but it was sunnier here than every single summer since 2007 bar 2013, 2018 and 2019 

The least I deserve is decent weather on my holiday in Wales but having watched them get day after day of sun for the past couple of weeks, while enduring endless grey vomit here, it now looks to be changing to abject horror with ludicrous rain totals appearing for September.

http://wxmaps.org/pix/prec4 

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/heavy-wind-rain-lash-uk-230102383.html?guce_referrer=ahr0chm6ly93d3cubmv0d2vhdghlci50di8&guce_referrer_sig=aqaaamrxrk0oklofjlq7ao-2pwrf2epjfa0tzsddq8t70cawytvfhm1wjzwxofsygy_zhyqzzu9b-u2nzneer1_erxjnztz4bk_wgpiqpc4ttgg1co2vsddjudfaw_pv8rig3enslegjum_8qvg2a3whs2pv-pbipqogwmkdpkxi8wxn 

The only chance I have to do anything beneficial for my health and it looks like being washed out just like the other holiday I had in May.

Nothing to look forward to now but months of sheer misery cooped up indoors. What the hell have I done to deserve this? 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November