Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
15 April 2021 04:57:56

Good morning.  Calm, clear and frosty.  -3.8c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
15 April 2021 05:17:57
Good morning folks. Clear and calm. 1•0°c. Humidity 85%Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
15 April 2021 05:54:57
Clear and calm but -5.7 an hour ago
marco 79
15 April 2021 06:04:06
Mostly clear with a little high cloud..frosty..-1.3c..on a min of -2.9c..calm..1034mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
15 April 2021 06:09:11
0C calm and sunny with patchy cloud and white frost.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
15 April 2021 06:47:38

Sunny.

2.6c low 0.5c

1034.6mb rising

Wind ENE 2mph

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
15 April 2021 06:51:41
Last night wasn't quite as cold as other recent nights here in Edinburgh, but that still hasn't been enough to prevent yet another official air frost from being recorded here.

Apart from that, nothing else has changed from yesterday and so, we still have the same old sunny skies to start today with a temperature of around 0°C here in Edinburgh as at 7am this morning, following on from an overnight minimum temperature of -0.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Skreever
15 April 2021 07:40:20
Clear and sunny

Wind SSE light breeze

Temp 8.1C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
idj20
15 April 2021 10:40:12

Bright spells and bubby cumulus but the showery stuff appears to be avoiding Folkestone so far.

A rather chilly 7.9 c & 75% h under a mod NE breeze. 

My rain gauge is reading 1.0 mm, I think there might have been a shower in the early hours as I woke up to puddles this morning. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
15 April 2021 11:01:14

Sunny but a cold wind. 10.0c Humidity 53 % Rh.

Others just get wet.
Taylor1740
15 April 2021 12:03:36
Sunny and 10c, very little wind, a few clouds building
NW Leeds - 150m amsl
Crepuscular Ray
15 April 2021 14:09:17

Gloriously sunny yet again with gin clear blue sky. 13 C with little wind so lunch in the garden again.
So far a very dry (3.6mm), very sunny (122hrs 87%) but cold April here (4.5 C -3.3 C) 10 air frosts and 4 days snow falling. An interesting month again ☀️😎

Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
15 April 2021 18:29:18

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Gloriously sunny yet again with gin clear blue sky. 13 C with little wind so lunch in the garden again.
So far a very dry (3.6mm), very sunny (122hrs 87%) but cold April here (4.5 C -3.3 C) 10 air frosts and 4 days snow falling. An interesting month again ☀️😎

Clearly, your definition of what is "interesting" weather, is completely different from mines.

Having constant sunshine and persistent dry weather such as what we have just now is great for our mood, and great for being able to get out and about and I generally try to make the most of it when I can. The issue which I have with that though is that when it is like that all of the time with no other type of weather actually happening, it just all gets very boring and repetitive because of the fact that nothing ever changes from one day or the next.

This means that there is never any great hurry to make the most of this good weather because we already know that it is still going to be around whenever we choose to do so, and regardless of when we choose to do so. That is not how it used to be though. This used to be a month which would be known for its April showers due to the heat of the Sun causing greater convection currents that result in showers forming further inland in area which would have been bone dry under that same air mass during the winter.

However, that is no longer the case and as far as this month is concerned, the only April showers which we have seen has been the odd very light snow shower which has never actually came to anything. Furthermore, all of us were probably taught at school that our weather was changeable which means that if we had a spell of weather such as we have just now, we would always have to make sure that we made the most of it as the next deterioration in our weather would never be far away.

However, that is clearly not the case any more. Furthermore, the only thing which has been interesting about the temperatures comes from the fact that the nights have been so cold lately (something which I would much rather be seeing during the winter, than right now at a time when I would much rather be getting on with spring). When we have got some really sunny weather like this in the past, this would then be when we would start to see our first temperatures of 20°C for above for the current spring/summer season in this part of the world as a result and yet, we haven't even come close to that any time during this month.

Yes, it is dry and very sunny (11.2 hours of sunshine for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 7pm this evening) but with today's maximum temperature reaching just 13.8°C, it's not exactly been all that spectacularly warm for this time of the year despite all of that sunshine. Personally, I can't wait to start seeing some rain once again because it is only when the weather becomes more changeable, that it then becomes more "interesting" in my books and our gardens could really be doing with some rain now.

For the record, the temperature here in Edinburgh was around 12°C as at 7pm this evening.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
cultman1
15 April 2021 18:50:43

Here in Fulham it’s been so cold day after day with temperatures barely making 9-10 degrees with a bitterly cold NE wind and no sign of warming up here  in the next week or so . I have never known such cold consistency for early to mid April. Is this a portent of a potentially continuing  cold spring and even dare I add it a cooler than average early summer? 

ARTzeman
15 April 2021 21:26:55
Clear. Light breeze. 4•0°c.

Others just get wet.
johncs2016
15 April 2021 22:42:14
In the end, a total of 13.2 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank which once again, makes today our sunniest day of this year so far.

This now brings us to the exact halfway point of this month, but a minimum total of just 13.7 or more hours of sunshine now needs to be recorded for the whole of the second half of this month in order for this to go down as being sunnier than average overall at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11pm tonight was around 4°C here in Edinburgh under clear skies.