Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
14 April 2021 05:23:35

Good morning.  Calm, mostly clear and frosty. -1.8c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
marco 79
14 April 2021 06:02:27
Patchy cloud..calm..1.7c...1033mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Skreever
14 April 2021 06:04:55
Sunny, clear, a touch of frost

Wind SSW slight breeze

Temp 0.9C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
ARTzeman
14 April 2021 06:07:29
Cloudy. 3.0c Humidity 95%Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
14 April 2021 06:13:43
Blue sky and -4.1
speckledjim
14 April 2021 06:51:29
Sunny spells, 2.4c
Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
14 April 2021 07:09:29

Calm and sunny after a low of 0C and a white frost but now 2C.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
johncs2016
14 April 2021 07:29:51

Absolutely no change from the largely repetitive and predictable weather (or lack of any actual "weather" in this case) which we have seen throughout this month.

Today has therefore started off with yet another official air frost (the10th air frost of this month at Edinburgh Gogarbank with today being the fifth day in a row which has started with an air frost, and the 10th day in a row which has started with a ground frost at the very least).

Once again though, this means that today has started off with the same old sunshine and it now seems as though every day's reports on these threads can always be created very easily, just by copying the report for the same time of day from the previous day's CC thread and then pasting it into the latest one.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was around 1°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ARTzeman
14 April 2021 10:33:26

Sunny scattered cloud. 12.7c Humidity 51% Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Gusty
14 April 2021 11:40:21

The relentless April chill of this stunted Spring here on the SE coast continues.

Another dry and bright day with sunny spells that invite you into the garden but send you hurrying back inside when a cloud comes over.

9.9c with a chilling dewpoint of just 0.6c.

Wind - Light NE'ly

Pressure 1031.9 mb.

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Bolty
14 April 2021 13:53:34
At least this high pressure has finally cut off that wretched northerly. Mostly cloudy here, but at 12°C, it feels very pleasant in any sunny breaks after that cold spell.
Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
idj20
14 April 2021 16:22:27

Dry and fair with good sunny spells and more-or-less broken cloud. Like my esteemed colleague Steve said, it looked deceptively inviting outside but I ended up looking like a freshly plucked chicken when I was outside for a few minutes.
  Currently 8.1 c & 55% h (-1 c dp) from a max of 10.7 c at 10.30 am but winds are quite light. It is a toasty warm 26 c in my famed west-facing hobby room right now with the late afternoon sunshine beaming into it, though.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Crepuscular Ray
14 April 2021 17:08:35

The stunning Spring continues in Edinburgh. 13 hrs of sun yesterday and probably the same today and 13 C.
April has been exciting, cobalt blue skies, sharp white cumulus, hard overnight frosts, dry, snow showers...wonderful!

Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
14 April 2021 19:36:50

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

The stunning Spring continues in Edinburgh. 13 hrs of sun yesterday and probably the same today and 13 C.
April has been exciting, cobalt blue skies, sharp white cumulus, hard overnight frosts, dry, snow showers...wonderful!

What's the betting though, that all of this lovely sunshine will have long gone by the time that we get to the summer with yet another wet and miserable summer to follow as a result? After all, it can't possibly carry on staying dry and sunny indefinitely and that is exactly what happened last year as well.

Anyway and back on topic, today was our sunniest day of this year so far with a total of 13.1 hours of sunshine at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today's maximum temperature was 13.3°C.

This leaves us needing a minimum total of just 26.9 hours of sunshine between now and the end of this month, in order for this month to go down as being sunnier than average overall at that particular station, and we're not even halfway through this month just yet.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8pm tonight was around 10°C here in Edinburgh under clear skies.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
richardabdn
14 April 2021 21:07:19

Of course the sunshine will disappear by summer as June is the vilest month of the year nowadays with endless permacast gloom year-in-year out bar blips in 2018 and 2019.

More infuriating than ever this year because it's so ridiculously cold. A complete waste of sunshine. Today was a significant improvement but could still reach only an average 11.4C. Felt decent to sit out at lunchtime because of the lack of wind but too cold by 5pm.

The frost situation is just ludicrous with 10 sub-zero minima in a row now  It's the joint longest run of air frosts since December 2010 and the only other spell that long was in March/April 2013  Says it all about the state of 'winter' these days especially the horror just gone with it's 22 air frost free nights in succesion in December 

It's a bit milder tonight at 3.6C compared to 0.8C this time last night when it eventually got down to -2.0C. 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November