Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
27 September 2020 05:25:23

Good morning.  Dry and overcast with a light breeze. 9.3c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
27 September 2020 05:44:38
Light cloud. Dry. 6•5°c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
27 September 2020 06:34:12

A very cold and frosty start to today here in Edinburgh with an official air frost being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank and Edinburgh Airport.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was -1.7°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 0.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, but the temperature has been down to around -3°C at Edinburgh Airport and even at Edinburgh Gogarbank, last night is likely to have been the coldest September night on record. Indeed, this is only the first time that I have reported an air frost this early in the season, since I first joined this forum.

However, that has also taken us into a bright and sunny start to today and at 7am this morning, the temperature was around -2°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
27 September 2020 06:50:16

Overcast with a brisk northerly breeze

9.7c

1010.1mb rising

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
Skreever
27 September 2020 07:01:44
Cloudy, dry

Wind NNE slight breeze

Temp 5.7C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
Crepuscular Ray
27 September 2020 07:14:30
After a starry night it's a cold frosty start with -3 C in my garden. Official minimums were:
Tulloch Bridge -4 C
Altnaharra -4 C
Edinburgh -3 C
Glasgow -3 C
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
27 September 2020 07:40:01

6C sunny with fresh breeze from NW.

Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
marco 79
27 September 2020 07:50:23
Overcast...fresh NNW wind...9.1c..1013mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
richardabdn
27 September 2020 07:57:50

While Edinburgh had a frost, the most boring place on earth is stuck under cloud and recorded a pathetic min of 6.4C 

Exactly the same minimum as last Sunday when it was 18C and sunny. In fact pretty much the same minimum has been recorded every single night for over a week now 

With yesterdays wind and today's gloom, this is the latest in a long list of totally dire weekends that this horrific, depressing and mind-numbing year from hell has produced.

An absolutely wretched pitiful and embarrassing non-attempt at a cold spell and a worrying sign of what will undoubtedly prove to be a total write-off winter ahead

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
ARTzeman
27 September 2020 11:29:32

Sunny. Dry 13.8c. 

Breeze NW 13 mph. Humidity 56%Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
27 September 2020 11:52:47

It's filthy here at my end of Kent with overcast skies and cold drizzle (3.4 mm so far today) blowing in a brisk north wind. The 11.6 c & 94% h felt cold and thoroughly damp when I just popped out to get the papers. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
27 September 2020 12:25:17
A completely sunny morning means that a total of 5.2 hours of sunshine has now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 1pm this afternoon, with the temperature having now recovered to around 11°C here in Edinburgh by that same time.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Crepuscular Ray
27 September 2020 15:29:51
12 C, calm and sunny after our -3 C start. Some high cloud moving in though
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
27 September 2020 17:50:15

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

12 C, calm and sunny after our -3 C start. Some high cloud moving in though

Yes, and it looks as though that high cloud has now robbed us of any chance of seeing today going down as our sunniest day of this month and hammered the final nail in the coffin of any slim chances which there were, of this month going down as being sunnier than average overall at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Nevertheless, today was still quite a decent day overall and with a total of 9.4 hours of sunshine being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 6pm this evening, that is still a fairly decent total for this time of the year.

With just three days left of this month after today though, there is now barely enough available daylight left for this month's sunshine totals to get up to the 1981-2010 September average at Edinburgh Gogarbank and this means that regardless of what happens during those last three days of this month, this month will now go down as our fourth duller than average month in a row at that particular station.

Furthermore, this is also been yet another day without any actual weather here in Edinburgh, as has now become the norm for here these days.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 6pm this evening was around 10°C here in Edinburgh.

Bolty
27 September 2020 19:46:39

Today's time-lapse: a lovely and mellow, but cool autumn day:

https://youtu.be/Ma_Ur4EFWV0

Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station