picturesareme
24 September 2020 20:27:11
14mm for the month of which 12mm has fallen since midnight.
ktaylor
25 September 2020 06:32:18

Today 0.2mm.

Last 24hr 10.6mm.

Month 19.0mm.

Year 716.2mm

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
mr rain
25 September 2020 09:23:09

32.1 mm in last 24 hours (9am - 9am ) monthly total now 50.7mm , started raining at 1800 last night and hasn't stopped since

Hopton-On-Sea , Norfolk
Elstevio
25 September 2020 15:17:12

45mm today so far and more to come. A September daily record rainfall for me. Howling wind is bringing trees down all over the place. Power going off as well.

Aylsham, North Norfolk
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
26 September 2020 04:46:53

Just 18.0mm and forecast mostly dry until Oct 1st.

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
27 September 2020 18:29:29

Still no significant rainfall here since my last report on this thread and we still haven't had a single official rain day here since 12 September 2020. Overall, this means that we have now had 15 days in a row without any significant rainfall here in Edinburgh.

That doesn't add up to an absolute drought in this part of the world, but the only reason for that is because there has been a few days within that period where we have had a small fraction of a millimetre of rain in this part of the world.

Those are amounts which aren't really worth bothering about, but they have been enough to scupper any chances of an absolute drought occurring here.

According to the latest model output, no further significant rainfall is expected here until around the last day or so of this month and even that is unlikely to bring this month's total even close to our 1981-2010 September averages, so this month is now almost certain to go down as a drier than average month in terms of the actual rainfall amounts.

Furthermore, there are only three days left of this month which is not enough for the number of official rain days during this month, to be able to reach our 1981-2010 September averages for that. This means that regardless of what happens between now and the end of this month, this month will now go down as being drier than average overall in terms of the number of official rain days.

Overall, this is a month which after looking like being a wet month to start off with and which got off to quite a wet start, is now actually going to go down as quite a dry month and because a large number of locations which had a much drier start to this month than what we did had quite a bit of rainfall just recently, this part of the world where I live could actually end up being one of the driest parts of the UK during this month in the end (or at least be within the driest 30%-50% of locations within the UK during this month).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
27 September 2020 18:43:27
69mm here, was 35mm in my gauge from the last 8 days whilst I have been away.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Northern Sky
27 September 2020 19:08:12

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

69mm here, was 35mm in my gauge from the last 8 days whilst I have been away.

Good I've been waiting for you to post Tim as I've got totally lost with where I'm up to! 

A fair bit of that fell in the torrential hail storm last week. In fact I went down to Arthington (just a few miles away) today and there was still a couple of piles of slush! Incredible really.

ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
28 September 2020 08:37:47

10.75 mm This Month.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Stormchaser
28 September 2020 08:56:19

It's been an exceptionally dry September so far here, with 15.0 mm to end of 27th.

Prior to the wet spell of 23rd-24th it was just 3.6 mm, following 18 days with negligible rainfall. Even with that spell of rain, the rivers and streams are running about as low as I can recall for the time of year.

Forecasts have little or no rain through 29th but then wet weather advances from the west on 30th. Pace of that will be a big deal for the final figure. No change would put it at 6th driest of 1957-present, but that looks unlikely.

October's looking to kick off with at least a few days of rainy weather, potentially as much as a week with low pressure dominating. Seems this year's fitful rainfall anomaly pattern will continue - been a right mix of unusually wet and dry months this year.

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
Tim A
28 September 2020 20:01:00

Originally Posted by: Northern Sky 

A fair bit of that fell in the torrential hail storm last week. In fact I went down to Arthington (just a few miles away) today and there was still a couple of piles of slush! Incredible really.

That is crazy. People must have cleared their driveways of it? 

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

doctormog
28 September 2020 20:08:38
17.5mm so far this month.
ktaylor
29 September 2020 06:04:45

Today 0.6mm.

Last 24hr 0.6mm.

Month 23.2mm.

Year 720.4mm.

Come on you spurs
ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
29 September 2020 11:28:20

12.25 mm This Month.

Others just get wet.
ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
30 September 2020 10:01:09

0.3 mm this morning with more to come.

Others just get wet.
Tim A
30 September 2020 18:45:55
76.5mm for the month now after 7.5mm today.
Yearly total now up to 720mm.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
30 September 2020 19:24:01
I will give my final full report for this month after 10am tomorrow since that is 09:00 UTC, the point in time when the current official observation month ends.

I have to say though, that this is not going to be not all that much different from the last such report which I posted here back on 12 September. Indeed, that is how long ago it has been seen we had an official rain day here in Edinburgh, and even the rain which was forecast for today has failed to materialise here.

This makes it likely that when I post that final report for this month, we will now have gone 19 days and counting, without any significant rainfall in this part of the world which is showing once again, how we generally don't get actual weather in this part of the world any more.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
redmoons
30 September 2020 23:43:49
Ended up with 19.5mm of rain with 2.1mm falling today. Quite a dry month.
Andrew,
Watford
ASL 35m
http://weather.andrewlalchan.co.uk 

ktaylor
01 October 2020 05:55:43

Today 0.8mm

Last 24hr 17.0mm

Rain last 7 days 21.6mm.

Year 998.9mm

Come on you spurs
Tim A
01 October 2020 07:11:20

Originally Posted by: ktaylor 

Year 998.9mm

You might want to check that figure as you said yearly total 720mm the other day.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl