Jiries
16 September 2020 16:21:23

Originally Posted by: GezM 

The last 3 days or so have been good for warming the house up again. With back door and a couple of windows open, I managed to get my north facing living room back up to 23C yesterday evening. Currently still at 22.6C. Conversely, our south facing bedroom gets a bit too warm in hot, sunny spells. It peaked yesterday around 27C but has already cooled back down to around 23.5C with ventilation.

Exactly the same yesterday to bring up to 25C hallway, 27C in living room and 26C upstairs, then shut the windows in late afternoon, then lovely warm night last night and this morning was sunny and plan to open again soon as it forecast to reach 23C and sunny but gone cloudy after 1pm for no reason and 17C already so lucky I kept it closed and still warm inside 23C and 25C upstairs.   

Retron
16 September 2020 16:22:47
Hit an effortless 30 upstairs yesterday (before I stuck the a/c on). It's now 26C up there, with windows open... I suspect it'll need a/c again in due course!
Leysdown, north Kent
doctormog
16 September 2020 17:07:20
A very pleasant 18.6°C inside now after cooling down a bit following a few warmer days.
Tim A
25 September 2020 21:11:05
My house is empty as I have been away for 6 nights but I note the lounge smart thermostat is now a very chilly 13.9c.
Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
25 September 2020 23:03:32
That is cold! My living room temperature is 19 4C. Been falling steadily over the last 4 days. Might need the fire on by Sunday night....
Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
TimS
  • TimS
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
26 September 2020 07:42:08
Heating clicked on this morning.
Brockley, South East London 30m asl
ARTzeman
26 September 2020 10:32:19

Heating on during the daytime last couple days. 22.3c  All rooms in the bungalow.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
doctormog
26 September 2020 10:39:25

Originally Posted by: Tim A 

My house is empty as I have been away for 6 nights but I note the lounge smart thermostat is now a very chilly 13.9c.

I remember coming home a few years ago in midwinter after a fortnight away and it was 4°C inside! Thankfully we have Hive now and the technology allows a lot more control.

The heat has come on a few times in the last couple of days, probably due to the strong cold northerly wind outside. Currently a pleasantly warm 18.3°C inside.

ARTzeman
27 September 2020 11:30:59

Heating on. 22.5c.

Others just get wet.
Retron
27 September 2020 12:17:52

It was 13 when I got in this morning, both upstairs and down - definitely cold enough to require heating! It's now 20C, which is much more pleasant.

(Two days of temperatures at or below 12C, with thick cloud, plus a strong, persistent wind, is a great way to cool down a house. From a/c - albeit briefly - to heating within the space of a week!)

Leysdown, north Kent
ARTzeman
28 September 2020 09:55:06

Haeting on at 06:20 then 20.5c. Now 22.5c.

Others just get wet.
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
28 September 2020 10:43:03

Originally Posted by: Retron 

It was 13 when I got in this morning, both upstairs and down - definitely cold enough to require heating! It's now 20C, which is much more pleasant.

(Two days of temperatures at or below 12C, with thick cloud, plus a strong, persistent wind, is a great way to cool down a house. From a/c - albeit briefly - to heating within the space of a week!)

Is there nothing you can do to improve insulation Darren? That's a heck of a drop in house temperature. 

Currently 18.3C upstairs and 18.0C downstairs in the living room. Managed to avoid putting the heating on over the weekend. Today's sunshine is starting to warm up the back of the house. 

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
Heavy Weather 2013
28 September 2020 18:49:04
My flat managed to get down to 22C this weekend, but mainly because I opened the windows for a little while when I was cleaning.

It’s been typically between 22.6C and 25C in the last few days.

My heating has not been on once. The wonders of living on a fourth four flat.
Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
ARTzeman
04 October 2020 13:52:26

22.3c Indoors. Humidity 71% Rh.

Others just get wet.
Retron
04 October 2020 13:57:40

Originally Posted by: GezM 

Is there nothing you can do to improve insulation Darren? That's a heck of a drop in house temperature. 

Not really, unless I want to bump my head on the ceiling every time I go upstairs! It's around 40sqm of flat-roofed fun up there, you see.

It's 21C upstairs at the moment and 22C here in the dining room: even though it's breezy outside and only 11C, it's not cooling down as quickly as I thought it would.

The heating will be on tonight though, I suspect!

Leysdown, north Kent
Rob K
04 October 2020 17:31:17
Not sure on temperature but my wife has stealthily put the underfloor heating on so it must be cooling down. Six months of me nudging the thermostat down and her nudging it up, each hoping the other won’t notice, have begun 🙂
Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
idj20
04 October 2020 17:43:44

Currently 26 c in my famed west-facing hobby room, the heating came on for only half an hour this morning with the thermostat set at 22 c and hadn't clicked itself back on since. While I have had windows closed for most of the day, a couple was opened when I did the dinner in order to prevent condensation from building up indoors, 

Folkestone Harbour. 
ARTzeman
05 October 2020 10:19:15

Window vents open and one small window in the bathroom. 22.5c.

Others just get wet.
Super Cell
10 October 2020 20:43:21

Hasn't got above 20C in the house since we got back from Turkey two weeks ago. Heating set at 18C has been trundling on and off as the diurnal range has varied very little during daylight hours. Basically it's been autumn here for six weeks.

Farnley/Pudsey Leeds
40m asl
ARTzeman
10 October 2020 21:44:11
Beating watched off for the night . Still 21.5c in lounge.

Others just get wet.