Retron
29 August 2020 04:17:33

First thing in the morning... 20C upstairs, 19C downstairs... and definitely no heating required!

(It's been on once a month during the summer, but only for as long as it takes to make sure it's still working properly - so just a few minutes.)

Leysdown, north Kent
doctormog
29 August 2020 11:32:02

Our heating came on for a short time this morning as the indoor temperature dropped to 16.9°C. I may need to adjust the thermostat down a little.

briggsy6
29 August 2020 14:51:23

My bedroom has finally cooled down to ordinary room temperature.

Phil G
29 August 2020 15:33:13
Everything just feels fresh and liveable after the recent stifling heat.
Jiries
08 September 2020 19:12:03

Lovely and warm inside 23C since the end of August heatwave and couple of heating on.  Opened all the windows wide today and notice the cold air inside the house exited from the kitchen side in to the north facing garden as the warm air from outside push out.   With the coming heatwave will again open it to bring the heat in as much as possible and hope no more heating until October.

ARTzeman
09 September 2020 09:12:25

The lounge thermostat reads 21.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Retron
10 September 2020 03:58:14
It's been warm and humid indoors the past couple of days (high 20s), but the a/c sorted that out quickly enough.

Hopefully a few days without it now, but it'll be needed again early next week (GFS has 27C and sunshine all day, for example, which will push into the low 30s this time of year indoors).
Leysdown, north Kent
Crepuscular Ray
10 September 2020 08:00:06
This thread makes me laugh, we had heating on at times in July and August in Edinburgh. We've had a log fire going this week in the cool drizzly Dales!
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
ARTzeman
10 September 2020 08:58:10

Doors to the hallway, kitchen and backdoor open. 20.5c all round. 

Others just get wet.
Retron
10 September 2020 16:27:25

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

This thread makes me laugh, we had heating on at times in July and August in Edinburgh. We've had a log fire going this week in the cool drizzly Dales!

Truly a different country! It'll be a while yet before the heating goes on here - albeit it's been on, briefly, once a month since May in order to test it.

It's warm enough to need the a/c on again - no wind whatsoever outside, annoyingly, so I'll have to force the issue.

Leysdown, north Kent
doctormog
10 September 2020 16:41:04
A very pleasant 18.6°C inside currently. No need for heating on for a while yet I would think (except on a cold windy early morning possibly).
idj20
10 September 2020 17:12:25

Has been 28 c all afternoon and up to now as the sun shines into my famed west-facing hobby room (26 c in the hall way), that's with windows wide open and everything. I'm currently in just my boxer shorts and still sweating like a blacksmith's right armpit.

Folkestone Harbour. 
doctormog
10 September 2020 17:28:05

Originally Posted by: idj20 

Has been 28 c all afternoon and up to now as the sun shines into my famed west-facing hobby room (26 c in the hall way), that's with windows wide open and everything. I'm currently in just my boxer shorts and still sweating like a blacksmith's right armpit.

I can see the news headline now. “Folkestone man dressed only in boxer shorts in west-facing room window claims he was only cooling his swampy...armpits” 

idj20
10 September 2020 18:07:20

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

I can see the news headline now. “Folkestone man dressed only in boxer shorts in west-facing room window claims he was only cooling his swampy...armpits” 

That would be pretty tame when compared to the rest of the harbour area. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
doctormog
10 September 2020 18:42:07

Originally Posted by: idj20 

That would be pretty tame when compared to the rest of the harbour area. 

ARTzeman
11 September 2020 11:55:05

Doors Closed today. 21.0c inside.

Others just get wet.
Retron
13 September 2020 16:31:50
27.2C upstairs at the moment. It should effortlessly break 30 the next couple of days...
Leysdown, north Kent
ARTzeman
15 September 2020 11:41:55

23.5c With the back door and door to kitchen.

Others just get wet.
GezM
  • GezM
  • Advanced Member
16 September 2020 09:17:53

The last 3 days or so have been good for warming the house up again. With back door and a couple of windows open, I managed to get my north facing living room back up to 23C yesterday evening. Currently still at 22.6C. Conversely, our south facing bedroom gets a bit too warm in hot, sunny spells. It peaked yesterday around 27C but has already cooled back down to around 23.5C with ventilation.

Living in St Albans, Herts (116m asl)
Working at Luton Airport, Beds (160m asl)
ARTzeman
16 September 2020 10:44:52

Backdoor open. Through draught. 23.5c in Lounge.

Others just get wet.