Crepuscular Ray
27 June 2020 13:59:50
More rumbles of thunder here in Edinburgh from more than one direction. Huge drops of rain.
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
27 June 2020 14:12:47

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

More rumbles of thunder here in Edinburgh from more than one direction. Huge drops of rain.

We now have some heavier rain from another cell which has just recently developed in a similar position to the last one and I have also just heard another rumble of thunder.

Giving how nearby those lightning strikes are on the radar maps, it is surprising that I'm not actually able to see any of that lightning.

Although I mentioned heavier rain a short while ago though, the heaviest rainfall has once again just missed here to my east and north, so the struggle to see any proper torrential downpours such as I what I see on certain YouTube channels (and I'm not referring to Bolty or Kev Brads here who I know, like to produce that sort of content on their channel when they have the chance to do so) by people who seem to be able to able to get that sort of weather all the time, goes on as well as the ongoing struggle to see any significant rainfall totals at any of my three local stations.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Bolty
27 June 2020 18:31:54
Couple cracks of thunder just then.
Scott
Blackrod, Lancashire (4 miles south of Chorley) at 156m asl.
My weather station 
KevBrads1
27 June 2020 21:33:07
There were some good cloudscapes today

MANCHESTER SUMMER INDEX for 2021: 238
Timelapses, old weather forecasts and natural phenomena videos can be seen on this site
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgrSD1BwFz2feWDTydhpEhQ/playlists
richardabdn
29 June 2020 19:33:42

Something of interest to report for a change. An exceptionally heavy shower this morning with 6.2mm falling between 11:00 and 11:15 - more than in any day since 21st May. Max rain rate of 109.8mm/hr.

Didn't see any funnel clouds though or hear any thunder. More heavy downpours in the vicinity this evening but seemed to be further south/east.

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
howham
29 June 2020 20:24:45
Thunder here earlier this morning, third time this month.