Maunder Minimum
16 May 2020 19:42:59

Jeremy Corbyn's brother *****was among 19 people arrested at an anti-lockdown demonstration in London's Hyde Park on Saturday afternoon

New world order coming.
Justin W
16 May 2020 19:44:17

Originally Posted by: Maunder Minimum 

Here is a question for teachers - if June is so bad for some classes going back, why is September going to be any better?

There still won't be the possibility of mass vaccination by then, so we will still be living with the virus just as we are now going into the autumn.

If anything, the summer months, when it is warmer and there is more outdoor activity, would be a better time to be at school.

The other thing which puzzles me is some authorities getting uptight about people being on beaches - I would have thought a beach was the last place where you could pick up the virus, being outdoors with onshore breezes - perfect place for people to relax without anxiety.

There appears to be an element of mass hysteria about corona virus.

Maybe >60,000 dead constitutes 'mass hysteria' in your strange world.

Yo yo yo. 148-3 to the 3 to the 6 to the 9, representing the ABQ, what up, biatch?
doctormog
16 May 2020 19:46:55

Originally Posted by: John p 

Name calling public figures that none of us know personally is very different to directly insulting members of this forum. I find that post outrageous. 

Doc has just agreed to a post without adding any content. Is he a nodding donkey too?
Sadly I know I can now expect an insult coming my way too. 🙁

Would it have been better for me to tend to verbosity and explain in lots of words why I agree with Chris’s post?

As for your question Maunder, why not just open up everything now? If it is safe for lots of little kids day after day in a confined space then it is safe in the Tube and without a doubt in every national park. June is “bad” as few effective risk assessments and management are in place. The infrastructure is not there, by August/September the virus will either have died down even more or, if it it is not heading in that direction, there will be sufficient time for the massive measures which would be needed for safe and effective schools operations.

It is not hysteria, I know the risk and even if I am not at high risk I don’t want to support any measure that puts the more vulnerable at higher risk.

John p
16 May 2020 19:47:26

Originally Posted by: llamedos 

No I didn't.

What I said as you full know was, " Check through all of the forums and find one incidence where I have ever insulted a poster and let me know" .....which you couldn't.

Anyway enough of this pointless discussion. You, a couple of other members and of course Mark have your own views. I have a different one. Let's leave it there.

Just wow

Camberley, Surrey
John p
16 May 2020 19:50:45

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

Would it have been better for me to tend to verbosity and explain in lots of words why I agree with Chris’s post?

As for your question Maunder, why not just open up everything now? If it is safe for lots of little kids day after day in a confined space then it is safe in the Tube and without a doubt in every national park. June is “bad” as few effective risk assessments and management are in place. The infrastructure is not there, by August/September the virus will either have died down even more or, if it it is not heading in that direction, there will be sufficient time for the massive measures which would be needed for safe and effective schools operations.

It is nit hysteria, I know the risk and even if I am not at high risk I don’t want to support any measure that puts the more vulnerable at higher risk.

I was highlighting the  hypocrisy of another post, not criticising you. 

Bloody hell, I’m out of here😞

Camberley, Surrey
The Beast from the East
16 May 2020 19:51:00

Originally Posted by: RobN 

Yes she is on record as spinning some yarn at the beginning of this crisis about large open air gatherings not being a problem in spreading the virus and that small gatherings were more of a problem. I really could not understand this at the time because it seemed more like black magic than science. When did this change? I see no sign of large gatherings being allowed now even though we are clearly on top of the situation.

Yes, she was the one who said football matches and Cheltenham were fine to go ahead

She is a moron and a nodding donkey

Whitty and Vallance are also government lackeys, too afraid to say what they really think

Jean Claude Van Dam (or whatever his name is) seems the smartest of them, but he also toes the Govt line too easily. 

I suspect they were all made to sign contracts by Cummings

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
doctormog
16 May 2020 19:53:07

Originally Posted by: John p 

I was highlighting the  hypocrisy of another post, not criticising you. 

Bloody hell, I’m out of here😞

I was just asking a question. 

The Beast from the East
16 May 2020 19:56:25

Originally Posted by: Justin W 

The irony was that he and Q were the most ardent "hysterics" back in January warning about the dangers, whilst I was calling it a storm in a teacup!

But now that his Govt has utterly failed to contain the virus, he has converted into a herd immunity anti lockdown fanatic who secretly agrees with *****Corbyn on this issue

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
fairweather
16 May 2020 19:59:35

Originally Posted by: llamedos 

That's a very demeaning and uncalled for comment. She's a darn sight brighter than you mister.  

In that case it was really bad form on her part yesterday to display a graph with the last four points level or rising to say that admissions were continuing to fall steadily. If she had some other information she should have declared it otherwise it looks like government confirmational bias.

S.Essex, 42m ASL
Heavy Weather 2013
16 May 2020 20:01:09

Here is a question for teachers - if June is so bad for some classes going back, why is September going to be any better?

There still won't be the possibility of mass vaccination by then, so we will still be living with the virus just as we are now going into the autumn.

If anything, the summer months, when it is warmer and there is more outdoor activity, would be a better time to be at school.

The other thing which puzzles me is some authorities getting uptight about people being on beaches - I would have thought a beach was the last place where you could pick up the virus, being outdoors with onshore breezes - perfect place for people to relax without anxiety.

There appears to be an element of mass hysteria about corona virus.

I am hearing most private schools are going back in September including Eton. I wonder why?

Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
Maunder Minimum
16 May 2020 20:02:59

Originally Posted by: Justin W 

Either we learn to cope with the virus or we run around like headless chickens. We know who the most vulnerable groups are and in particular it is those over 75 years of age - just look at the age profile of those who died. Young families going to the beach is not going to be a problem - they are very unlikely to contract the virus out in the open on the beach in any case. As for schools - the limited opening in June should be perfectly manageable.

We cannot survive in lockdown indefinitely - so at some point it has to be relaxed.

New world order coming.
Devonian
16 May 2020 20:10:23

Either we learn to cope with the virus or we run around like headless chickens. We know who the most vulnerable groups are and in particular it is those over 75 years of age - just look at the age profile of those who died. Young families going to the beach is not going to be a problem - they are very unlikely to contract the virus out in the open on the beach in any case. As for schools - the limited opening in June should be perfectly manageable.

We cannot survive in lockdown indefinitely - so at some point it has to be relaxed.

Lock down has been relaxed - have you not been paying attention?

You're clearly unconcerned about 60K death, how many would you find of concern?

"When it takes nearly 900,000 votes to elect one party’s MP, and just 26,000 for another, you know something is deeply wrong."

The electoral reform society, 14,12,19
fairweather
16 May 2020 20:11:40

Originally Posted by: RobN 

Yes she is on record as spinning some yarn at the beginning of this crisis about large open air gatherings not being a problem in spreading the virus and that small gatherings were more of a problem. I really could not understand this at the time because it seemed more like black magic than science. When did this change? I see no sign of large gatherings being allowed now even though we are clearly on top of the situation.

I don't know who is right about this but I could see some logic at the time. One person can only infect say the 5 people closest to them. It would take a different person to be already infected to infect another 5 as it is not an instant chain reaction. But of course one large gathering would be the same as a lot of small gatherings I guess, which is why it would be a bad idea as are small gatherings.

S.Essex, 42m ASL
Maunder Minimum
16 May 2020 20:12:32

Originally Posted by: Devonian 

Lock down has been relaxed - have you not been paying attention?

You're clearly unconcerned about 60K death, how many would you find of concern?

Oh for Heaven's sake!

New world order coming.
Devonian
16 May 2020 20:14:23

Oh for Heaven's sake!

No, you replied to a post talking about 60K death with the word 'run around like headless chickens'. You show absolute contempt for those who care about such numbers of deaths

"When it takes nearly 900,000 votes to elect one party’s MP, and just 26,000 for another, you know something is deeply wrong."

The electoral reform society, 14,12,19
Joe Bloggs
16 May 2020 20:17:20

I know I sound like a broken record on this.

Ease the lockdown when we have a proper contact tracing and testing plan, with a Bluetooth app that works effectively. Not before. 

This is a relatively simple point which isn’t receiving enough  attention.  

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL

doctormog
16 May 2020 20:19:33

Originally Posted by: Joe Bloggs 

Ease the lockdown when we have a proper contact tracing and testing plan, with a Bluetooth app that works effectively. Not before. 

You're right Joe. A different approach is possible elsewhere as the situation and prevalence is different elsewhere. The virus may or may not go away by itself and we have to assume and prepare for the latter.

Bugglesgate
16 May 2020 20:21:22

Indeed,  and I think we need less new case for "track and trace" to be feasible, even  with the app (that currently still seems to have problems).  I would have been more comfortable   sticking with the previous unequivocal "stay at home" message  for a few more weeks until cases had subsided, and they have sorted the app out.

Chris (It,its)
Between Newbury and Basingstoke
"When they are giving you their all, some stagger and fall, after all it's not easy banging your heart against some mad buggers wall"
Heavy Weather 2013
16 May 2020 20:21:32

100% agree. We need a strategy. We’re not hearing enough about this at the moment. We were running a trial on the IOW. Unless I am mistaken we’ve heard nothing since 

Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
Joe Bloggs
16 May 2020 20:24:40

Glad I’m not alone with this view 😊.

The silence from central Government is deafening. 

In terms of schools opening for example - we should be waiting for this plan to be implemented first. 

Manchester City Centre, 31m ASL