Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
14 May 2020 18:02:39

Originally Posted by: Phil G 

Not sure if the word strange is right, but they do like to state the bleeding obvious. Like yesterday, yes we know we are in recession. Again, the bleedin obvious. Maybe they still think people have been away on holiday and just returned. Or good insight for Aliens.

Edit: Or for the 10% that just don't just get it still.

Makes me laugh when they say, ‘last month clothing sales have been at their lowest since ought blob’, or ‘high street shops saw lowest sales since....’.   Get away!  Who’d have thought it?

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
chelseagirl
14 May 2020 18:06:53

Originally Posted by: Essan 

Sadly I cannot attend as I am too busy on social media pointing out to the selfish yahoos that no, you cannot go wild camping or bothying ....  

And also getting my shop ready in the event that Boris finally lets me go to work again.   Before I get declared bankrupt.

OT I know but I am reading a book about bothys at the moment. Quite funny! Couldn’t remember who on here was the bothy fan!

The Fenlands of Cambridgeshire
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
14 May 2020 18:07:34

Originally Posted by: John p 

Has anyone on here bothered making an online complaint about neighbours who think social distancing doesn’t apply to them?  And did the police bother doing anything whatsoever about it.

I’m at the end of my tether with people down my street.  I don’t want to be a ‘grass’ but i’ve given them the benefit of the doubt for the last few weeks but i’ve had enough! 

Haven’t had a problem here but if we did, I’d just let the idiots get on with it as long as they weren’t disturbing the peace!  If someone wants to put themselves at risk, it’s up to them.  As long as I take precautions and protect myself against them.

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ozone_aurora
14 May 2020 18:08:08

Although I may have miss-read it, it looks as if for some areas, estimated cases are on the rise again. 
https://covid.joinzoe.com/data.

Wouldn't be surprising since nearly everybody are out & about, especially in Lowestoft area.

I'm continuing with the lockdown.

Roger Parsons
14 May 2020 18:08:17

Originally Posted by: Essan 

The vegans will love that ..... 

Vegan meat should be healthy, Essan - I'd give it a try. Would almost be like going vegetarian.

R.

RogerP
West Lindsey district of Lincolnshire
Everything taken together, here in Lincolnshire are more good things than man could have had the conscience to ask.
William Cobbett, in his Rural Rides - c.1830
Heavy Weather 2013
14 May 2020 18:29:54
TfL has received a government bailout of 1.6bn. Apparently tfl would have declared bankruptcy this evening.
Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
Hippydave
14 May 2020 18:36:47

Originally Posted by: xioni2 

The specificity refers to the ability of the test to detect antibodies specific to the virus you are testing for and it's essentially a measure of how many false positives the test returns. Only 100% specificity guarantees that the test won't return a false positive, that is a positive for an antibody related to another virus (other coronaviruses or cold viruses etc.).

You can right click the table and open it in a new tab to see it.

Belated reply as went for a ride - ty for yours (and Darren's) explanation

Home: Tunbridge Wells
Work: Tonbridge
DEW
  • DEW
  • Advanced Member
14 May 2020 18:40:26

Originally Posted by: fairweather 

They do draw some strange conclusions in the media. On the six o'clock BBC News - A&E departments are widely at 50% of usual demand due to people scared to come into hospital for fear of getting the virus. Have they ever been in an A&E. Try less industrial accidents, playground accidents and road traffic accidents. Also no pubs and clubs open and no sports injuries. These I guess would be at least 80% of the normal admissions.

True for some. My brother-in-law's wife had a fall and from the amount of bruising seen on Zoom she could have incurred serious damage to her shoulder (it was very painful) not to mention danger of blood clots (she's on anti-clotting drugs). But although taking advice from GP over phone she would not go to A&E for fear of virus.

In case you were wondering, her husband could not help as she is main carer for him.

War does not determine who is right, only who is left - Bertrand Russell

Chichester 12m asl
RobN
  • RobN
  • Advanced Member
14 May 2020 18:42:13

Originally Posted by: JHutch 

Some of the recent outbreaks in Germany have been in meat processing plants

'Since the end of April, COVID-19 outbreaks were also reported in meat processing plants in Baden-Wuerttemberg, North Rhine-Westphalia and Schleswig-Holstein, with case numbers ranging from 100 to 350.'

Yesterday's R-number was estimated at 0.81, today's estimate not available yet.

https://www.rki.de/DE/Content/InfAZ/N/Neuartiges_Coronavirus/Situationsberichte/2020-05-13-en.pdf?__blob=publicationFile

Re: meat processing plants and coronavirus, interesting article below linking it to overcrowded accommodation and transport

https://www.euronews.com/2020/05/12/covid-19-outbreaks-in-german-slaughterhouses-expose-grim-working-conditions-in-meat-indust

Meat packing plants are a big problem during the epidemic in US too

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6918e3.htm?s_cid=mm6918e3_x

As of May 1, nearly 5,000 packing plant workers in 19 states had fallen ill, and 20 had died.

https://theconversation.com/to-understand-the-danger-of-covid-19-outbreaks-in-meatpacking-plants-look-at-the-industrys-history-137367

Rob
In the flatlands of South Cambridgeshire 15m ASL.
Gavin D
14 May 2020 18:43:32

Regional data for new cases today in England

The 7 English regions 

• London +89 (0.3%) 26,113

• Midlands +248 (1.1%) 23,438

• North West +237 (1.0%) 23,090

• North East and Yorkshire +227 (1.0%) 22,135

• South East +170 (0.9%) 19,776

• East of England +152 (1.2%) 12,716

• South West +32 (0.4%) 7,187

The 10 local areas with the highest cases

1. Kent +54 (1.3%) 4,308

2. Lancashire +22 (0.7%) 3,261

3. Birmingham +24 (0.7%) 3,216

4. Hampshire +17 (0.5%) 3,098

5. Essex +52 (1.7%) 3,006

6. Surrey +12 (0.4%) 2,786

7. Hertfordshire +20 (0.7%) 2,680

8. Sheffield +17 (0.7%) 2,436

9. Cumbria +4 (0.2%) 2,122

10. Staffordshire +18 (0.9%) 2,022

The 10 local areas with the lowest cases

1. Rutland 28 - No change

2. North East Lincolnshire 145 - No change

3. Isle of Wight +4 (2.5%) 161

4. Torbay +6 (2.8%) 217

5. Bath and North East Somerset 225 - No change

6. Bracknell Forest 234 +1 (0.4%) 235

7. Windsor and Maidenhead +1 (0.4%) 276

8. Calderdale 278 - No change

9. Hartlepool +36 (12.8%) 281

10. Thurrock +2 (0.7%) 304

bledur
14 May 2020 19:17:46

Originally Posted by: The Beast from the East 

I think PhilG, Crewe, Maunder, four, westv, bleur, hickster, Essan and Duane will be in attendance

No mention of an open bar or other freebies  so probably not

bledur
14 May 2020 19:21:28

I've come to the conclusion that both Whitty and Vallance are chancers who know about as much as we do

Sadly regarding this pandemic i think you might be right.

The Beast from the East
14 May 2020 19:43:29

Originally Posted by: bledur 

No mention of an open bar or other freebies  so probably not

Bring your own booze from what I gather, and you might get a free black eye

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
Maunder Minimum
14 May 2020 20:06:59

Originally Posted by: John p 

Has anyone on here bothered making an online complaint about neighbours who think social distancing doesn’t apply to them?  And did the police bother doing anything whatsoever about it.

I’m at the end of my tether with people down my street.  I don’t want to be a ‘grass’ but i’ve given them the benefit of the doubt for the last few weeks but i’ve had enough!

Can't you just keep your distance from them?

No way would I sneak on my neighbours, unless they were aggravating me/us personally or doing something blatantly criminal.

New world order coming.
Maunder Minimum
14 May 2020 20:12:10

Schools should not re-open and the lockdown has already broken down in England.

So why have schools gone back in Denmark, Germany and France?

New world order coming.
Chichesterweatherfan2
14 May 2020 20:12:23
Check out Charlie Brooker’s screenwipe lockdown special...fantastic...pure comedy gold...especially being reminded what Boris and Hancock were saying back in late Jan/early Feb
Sevendust
14 May 2020 20:16:37

Originally Posted by: Chichesterweatherfan2 

Check out Charlie Brooker’s screenwipe lockdown special...fantastic...pure comedy gold...especially being reminded what Boris and Hancock were saying back in late Jan/early Feb

It is brilliant!

speckledjim
14 May 2020 20:42:08

Originally Posted by: Maunder Minimum 

So why have schools gone back in Denmark, Germany and France?

And Greece, Norway, Switzerland and Netherlands. Belgian schools start back next week too.

Thorner, West Yorkshire

Journalism is organised gossip
Gavin D
14 May 2020 20:47:06

1,000 people have now had the Oxford vaccine according to the Express

Gavin D
14 May 2020 20:49:10

19million Brits have had the virus and recovered is the front page story in tomorrows Daily Mirror