Northern Sky
10 May 2020 18:51:15

Originally Posted by: Phil G 

I wonder what a school classroom will look like when they go back? Teachers wearing PPE? Everything wiped down often? The parents trying to SD outside while trying to control the kids. Some won't though. Just had an image of a load of noise where the Mum's are having to shout at each other with the distancing.

I can tell you what my school has been like because we haven't shut. There have been fewer children but the staff have been on rota so in the classes themselves haven't been much different other than not mixing with the rest of school. No PPE, no distancing, no cleaning other than normal and if you want hand sanitiser you have to bring your own. 

I can only speak for my school obviously. 

Gooner
10 May 2020 18:52:03

Originally Posted by: speckledjim 

Thats the message I took, already told my oldest she’s not going back until September 

Ditto , told Ethan that , he's quite pleased as he enjoys schooling from Home

Eva year 6 isn't so happy 

Remember anything after T120 is really Just For Fun

Marcus
Banbury
North Oxfordshire
378 feet A S L

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 18:55:28

Originally Posted by: Northern Sky 

Tbh, the teaching unions have got very little power. If the government and school management want schools open schools will be open, PPE or no PPE.

He didn’t actually say schools will open.  He said IF conditions are met, then we MAY be able to open some schools on 1st June at the earliest. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
The Beast from the East
10 May 2020 18:56:03

Originally Posted by: Super Cell 

For Christ's sake. Most employers won't be allowing office workers back willy nilly! It's not a free for all.

My work won't be re-opening any time soon until they have proper consultation on distancing etc.

Well, good for you 

Some employers are not so considerate and who is going to make sure they comply with social distancing?

"We have some alternative facts for you"
Kelly-Ann Conway - special adviser to the President
Heavy Weather 2013
10 May 2020 18:57:51
So have all the company’s where people are going back to work tomorrow completed their risk assessments provided by the government?
Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 18:59:11

Tbh, the teaching unions have got very little power. If the government and school management want schools open schools will be open, PPE or no PPE.

The NEU have called it nothing short of reckless.

At our school the staff who are in on the rota tomorrow are expecting more calls and potentially a lot more children. I'm in on Thursday so I'll keep folk informed on what's going on and the general mood.

I find it baffling that FS and Y1 would go back at the same time as Y6 children given the understandable ineptitude of the little 'uns' ability to socially distance.

Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
πŸ“’ Play the TWO Forums Quiz!  πŸ“’
John p
10 May 2020 19:00:34

He’s told people to go back to work tomorrow and to discourage public transport there will be reduced service. .
What if employees insist on staff coming in who have no choice but to use public transport?

A expect to see images tomorrow of packed tube trains.

Camberley, Surrey
SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 19:00:58

Originally Posted by: Gooner 

Why does unlimited exercise start on Wednesday? and not tomorrow ?

Weather looks a bit better then 

Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
Bertwhistle
10 May 2020 19:01:43

I can tell you what my school has been like because we haven't shut. There have been fewer children but the staff have been on rota so in the classes themselves haven't been much different other than not mixing with the rest of school. No PPE, no distancing, no cleaning other than normal and if you want hand sanitiser you have to bring your own. 

I can only speak for my school obviously. 

Similar in my school except I increased the cleaning expectation- after all, there was less area to clean, so more rigour was reasonable; has worked well- cleaners didn't fancy the alternative- clean every room, every loo, even if it wasn't used; after all, no risk from unused surfaces.

Anyway, I haven't voted for ages because of the tripe at the front of political agendas, but Boris has won my heart. He's absolutely right about the 'possible' (and only if) year groups that should return in Primary in June.

He is also right that economy and hope are not the dipsticks by which to risk returns.

Science and Health. 

(PS not aimed at you NS).

Winston is widely hailed, but wasn't really in the front line. 

Boris!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Heavy Weather 2013
10 May 2020 19:01:51
Would it have not been better for Johnson to outline his plans with key details tomorrow in parliament and then address the nation in the evening? We would have all this confusion?

Mark
Beckton, E London
Less than 500m from the end of London City Airport runway.
SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 19:02:53

Originally Posted by: speckledjim 

If there is only 3years going back then social distancing should be easy to sort

Yeah piece of piss mate

Northern Sky
10 May 2020 19:03:12

Originally Posted by: SJV 

The NEU have called it nothing short of reckless.

At our school the staff who are in on the rota tomorrow are expecting more calls and potentially a lot more children. I'm in on Thursday so I'll keep folk informed on what's going on and the general mood.

I find it baffling that FS and Y1 would go back at the same time as Y6 children given the understandable ineptitude of the little 'uns' ability to socially distance.

No, according to Gooner and Speckled Jim it'll be easy.

Edit: you beat me to it 

Gavin D
10 May 2020 19:03:36

Originally Posted by: Phil G 

Parks okay, assume beaches still aren't then?

Unlimited outdoor exercise includes angling, golf, water sports and tennis provided all socially distanced from Wednesday

You can drive to a park or beach in England but not Wales / Scotland

SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 19:04:05

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Anyway, I haven't voted for ages because of the tripe at the front of political agendas, but Boris has won my heart. He's absolutely right about the 'possible' (and only if) year groups that should return in Primary in June.

He is also right that economy and hope are not the dipsticks by which to risk returns.

Science and Health. 

(PS not aimed at you NS).

Winston is widely hailed, but wasn't really in the front line. 

Boris!

Seriously? 

SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
10 May 2020 19:05:28

No, according to Gooner and Speckled Jim it'll be easy.

Edit: you beat me to it 

I'm guessing the learning they have missed, phonics, learning to read etc is the reason they have been selected.

Bertwhistle
10 May 2020 19:06:40

Originally Posted by: Bugglesgate 

That's the problem here.  The message was clear,  now there are lots of assumptions being made - Loads of "if's and but's" and  massive scope for boundary testing.  BJ says the penalties for not complying are to be ramped up,  but the Public and Police need to be crystal clear what the law actually is !

Agree- and Police zeal is potentially the issue, if it is not well directed.

Go and sit in the sunshine- drive to exercise. Lovely.

In any case, before tonight, you need only to look at the freedoms that have been veiled:

file:///C:/Users/Liz/Desktop/What-constitutes-a-reasonable-excuse.pdf

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Bertwhistle
10 May 2020 19:08:00

I'm guessing the learning they have missed, phonics, learning to read etc is the reason they have been selected.

No - it's because Yr & Y1 have the most vulnerable children, over all.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Bertwhistle
10 May 2020 19:09:10

Seriously? 

Name a British PM who has managed better in such circumstances?

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
CreweCold
10 May 2020 19:09:24

Not sure what's so confusing to be honest. People are forgetting that decisions on businesses opening tomorrow will have been made behind the scenes, with government input. These decisions will have been made days ago.

If you've not been given notice to go into work, you don't go into work, that's how I read the situation. If your employer wants you in, you'd soon know about it.

I'm afraid people are making mountains out of mole hills. 'Sleepness night'? Really?

Any chance to cut the government down and some are all over it.

Crewe, Cheshire
55 metres above sea level
Saint Snow
10 May 2020 19:13:58

All a bit of a 'nothing' speech; vague, mixed, waffle. 

But I see the Tory loyalists and Brexit slaves are predictably making it out to be some great oratory.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan