Russwirral
27 February 2020 20:42:04
Reasonable chance of seeing snowfalling again tomorrow morning.

Today i saw it on London city centre, which i thought id never see.

Tomorrow im back on the Wirral. 70% of the models are going for snow, or a smattering for this region.

We shall see.
tierradelfuego
27 February 2020 22:18:48

Originally Posted by: Bugglesgate 

Not sure what it did here in Kingsclere as disappeared  at circa 5:30 AM.  Hit meaningful snow north of Newbury and we a had a temporary coverage at Chilton (near Deadcat) ! All gone by about 11:30 though !

Yes we did get some snow for an hour or more (not sure when it started), moderately heavy fall by about 8am. It started to settle but only really on the car. Pretty much snow all the way into Reading until I hit the town centre where of course it was just rain. Up at Watership Down Sunday morning for a trail run so hopefully the forecast remains as is, not too windy and small chance of an early shower.

Bucklebury
West Berkshire Downs AONB
135m ASL
Saint Snow
27 February 2020 22:19:10

Originally Posted by: Russwirral 

Reasonable chance of seeing snowfalling again tomorrow morning.

Today i saw it on London city centre, which i thought id never see.

Tomorrow im back on the Wirral. 70% of the models are going for snow, or a smattering for this region.

We shall see.

I've given up on it, mate. 

After the multiple 2013 deep dumpings and Boxing Day 2014 heavy snowfall, we've had nothing but hard luck. Even the 2018 Beast from the East blew a raspberry at us, leaving us with just 2 or 3 dusting of a cm or so, when not far away was getting decent coverage.

Martin
Home: St Helens (26m asl) Work: Manchester (75m asl)
A TWO addict since 14/12/01
"How can wealth persuade poverty to use its political freedom to keep wealth in power? Here lies the whole art of Conservative politics."
Aneurin Bevan
Tim A
27 February 2020 23:17:02

I really don't see it tomorrow. Worse morning of the week for snow chances. Will be 3c with rain best for most parts. Unless you live 350masl somewhere like Buxton or Queensbury where you might get a  top up of snow for an hour or so before it all melts away.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Hooray33
27 February 2020 23:34:41
Yes, 4 decent snowfalls in a row overnight here in Queensbury. Looks way more marginal tomorrow though.
Queensbury, West Yorkshire. 
Tim A
28 February 2020 08:00:46

Originally Posted by: Hooray33 

Yes, 4 decent snowfalls in a row overnight here in Queensbury. Looks way more marginal tomorrow though.

Nice to see someone posting from Queensbury, one of the snowest places in the region.

Have you had continuous snowcover since Monday?   It looks white over that way now from the view from my upstairs windows .

This morning looks a bit more promising for some wet snow but think any settling will be reserved for the highest ground. 

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Hooray33
28 February 2020 09:12:22
Excluding yesterday most snow cover melted during the day to be replaced by fresh snow overnight. Yesterday was colder and any that had thawed began to freeze over by around 4pm.

First flakes of the day just starting to fall, very light though.
Queensbury, West Yorkshire. 
Russwirral
28 February 2020 09:45:22

Originally Posted by: Saint Snow 

I've given up on it, mate. 

After the multiple 2013 deep dumpings and Boxing Day 2014 heavy snowfall, we've had nothing but hard luck. Even the 2018 Beast from the East blew a raspberry at us, leaving us with just 2 or 3 dusting of a cm or so, when not far away was getting decent coverage.

I was lucky to see some snow on Wednesday.  But it was a fairly weak affair.

Theres hints at an easterly in the charts recently, that will give us a good chance of snow... oh, wait

SJV
  • SJV
  • Advanced Member
28 February 2020 16:05:42
A couple of slushy cm turned everything white in Grenoside, Sheffield earlier - it looked very nice and wintry! It's thawing rapidly now with a lot of surface water runoff on the roads.
Follow/like Steel City Skies - Sheffield Weather Forecasting on Facebook , Twitter  and Instagram .
📢 Play the TWO Forums Quiz!  📢
andy-manc
28 February 2020 16:57:43

Seen nothing but rain all day. Well the odd rain drop was heavy slush that annoyingly thudded down this morning but even calling it sleet would feel generous. Manky weather 

Crepuscular Ray
10 March 2020 12:50:03
Snow warning out for Yorkshire northwards later tomorrow. Mostly over 150m again
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill