johncs2016
15 February 2020 13:54:20

Originally Posted by: doctormog 

I wouldn’t complain too much about the lack of rain John, you have had over 100mm more than here this year.

It's not the lack of rain which I'm complaining about here, but the lack of actual "interesting" weather which seems to normally be the way of things here whilst the weather always seems to be more interesting elsewhere.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
roadrunnerajn
15 February 2020 14:02:57

Torrential rain since 9am. Surface flooding and our small rivers are swollen. Winds are gusting to 67mph making driving interesting.

Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
johncs2016
15 February 2020 15:03:56

The rain has now finally arrived here in Edinburgh (I guess that it just took much longer to get here, than what it has done in virtually most of the rest of Scotland away from SE Scotland).

As at 2pm this afternoon, a total of 0.8 mm of rain has now fallen at Edinburgh Gogarbank since 9am this morning, along with 0.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh with those figures now looking likely to increase a lot further during the next few hours.

Furthermore, the winds are now gusting up to 46.0mph from the SSW at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 2pm this afternoon.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 2pm this afternoon was around 10°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
bradders
15 February 2020 17:01:17

We`ve had a couple of hours without rain early this afternoon, but it`s raining again now. 5.6mm so far today. I`m more worried about the wind rather than the rain as we`ve had some really strong gusts and we have a large tree on our front garden and another close to the garden. 

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
15 February 2020 17:02:28

Wind gusting more strongly now and although we haven’t had a lot of rain, what has fallen has nowhere to go and is standing on roads.

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
15 February 2020 17:17:57
7.6mm so far here, there have been periods almost dry, but another more serious areas is homing in.
Gusts around 55mph as per normal.
Tim A
15 February 2020 18:34:04
10.8c with outbreaks of rain.
9.5mm so far.

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
15 February 2020 20:11:17
The rain may have taken a long time to reach here today, but it has already cleared away from this part the world. However, it did get very heavy for a time and as a result of that, a total of 10.0 mm of rain has now fallen at Edinburgh Gogarbank since 9am this morning, along with 7.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh as at 7pm this evening.

Whilst it's still quite windy here, it's not as windy as what it was earlier on which means that compared to other parts of the country, this storm has been a relative non-event here in Edinburgh up until now (which is normally typical of just about any weather event in the UK).

The temperatures have dropped a bit as that rain has cleared way but since we have only really just gone into a returning polar maritime air mass behind that main area of rain, it still isn't the least bit cold here and so, the temperature at 7pm this evening was around 6°C here in Edinburgh.

dagspot
15 February 2020 21:10:09
not much going on West of Scotland. Little wind, occ rain showers Temp 7dc #WhatStorm?
Neilston 600ft ASL
Foghorn
15 February 2020 23:44:16
North Northumberland much the same as Edinburgh above. As I drove back from Berwick at 5.30pm roads were awash, but heavy rain has now long ceased and wind is just the norm for this winter.
fairweather
16 February 2020 00:44:19

Well that's Saturday's event over for here. I can see the rain is very severe in much of the Country but here in the S.E it was a total damp squib with just 2.2mm of rain and 35mph wind. Not  much for an amber warning which I was in the middle of.

S.Essex, 42m ASL