Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
10 February 2020 04:39:48

Good morning. Clear with gusty wind. 4.6c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ktaylor
10 February 2020 06:39:53

Good morning overnight low of and currently 6.4c. Humidity 78%. Air pressure 1000.0mb. Dew point 3.0c. Rain last 24hr 63.8mm. Wind 7mph light breeze. Wind chill 4.0c. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
ARTzeman
10 February 2020 06:47:41

Partly Cloudy. Gusty Winds
5•0c. Humidity 70% Rh

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
marco 79
10 February 2020 07:03:00
Clear spells...fresh to occasionally strong W wind..4.7c...993mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
Crepuscular Ray
10 February 2020 07:04:24
More showers coming in fast from the west with big gusts of wind. Hail and sleet at times now. 3 C
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
Tim A
10 February 2020 07:43:42
Same here. Wintry showers with hail and sleet . 2.9c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
10 February 2020 07:43:53

Bright & breezy.

4.9c

1000.9mb rising

3.2mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
10 February 2020 07:50:22
Wet snow showers - very windy and +1.2C
56mph just now.
Skreever
10 February 2020 07:57:13
Overcast, sleet showers

Wind W strong breeze

Temp 2.3C
Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
SnowJon
10 February 2020 08:22:27

Heavy sleet shower turning to snow here at the moment - looks blizzardy in the strong wind 

Bangor, Co Down
johncs2016
10 February 2020 08:27:37

Sleet and wet snow is currently falling here in the north of Edinburgh after some further showers and longer outbreaks of rain and sleet during the night.

The result of this is that as at 8am this morning, a total of 4.8 mm of precipitation has fallen at Edinburgh Gogarbank since 9am yesterday morning along with 5.6 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

It is also still very windy with maximum gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank during the night getting up to 43.5mph from the west.

Last night's officially recorded overnight minimum temperature was 2.6°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 2.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh. The temperatures have since dropped to below those minimum values at both of those stations, though not by anywhere near enough to give us an air frost at either of those two stations.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning was around 2°C here in Edinburgh.

EDIT:

The precipitation has now stopped for now, but there is a good covering of snow on the Pentland Hills and even Arthur's Seat which is close to the city centre here in Edinburgh, has a slight dusting of snow on top of it.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Crepuscular Ray
10 February 2020 08:32:35
I've created a snow reports thread
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
10 February 2020 09:32:22

Clear; strong and blustery WSW wind, not raining.

6.9*C; 999.7mb rising rapidly.

The lowest pressure yesterday was 984.8mb at around 6.30pm, and the total rainfall for the day was 22.9mm.

When I went out late yesterday afternoon to sample the experience I found pieces of broken tile all over the path outside the front door and thought 'oh dear' (or other words to that effect) but after walking out to the road to look at the house I discovered that they had come off my neighbour's roof. Not that I wish him ill, as he's a good neighbour, but just relieved that it wasn't mine.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
bradders
10 February 2020 09:49:02

Part cloudy with fresh Westerly breeze.

Temp 6.0C

Rain 0.7mm overnight.

Pressure 993mb. 

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
Northern Sky
10 February 2020 10:04:16

Hail and sleet here. I'm hoping the showers continue later and maybe, possibly, fingers crossed I might see a bit of snow - falling at least 

tallyho_83
10 February 2020 11:03:54
Sunny - with a few clouds - very windy! Just saw BBC weather and looks like Devon and most of the south will miss out on most if not all of the showers interestingly! Very strange but eh ho.
10c now.
Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

ARTzeman
10 February 2020 11:48:33

Gusty winds. Light shower. Sunny spells

8.0c. Windchill 6.9c Humidity 71% Rh 

1001 hPa WSW Breeze 19 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
idj20
10 February 2020 12:10:51

Just been on my weekly chemist errand which involves a 20 min walk and it was pleasantly mild in the sunshine when sheltered from the brisk breeze and everything are drying up quickly. Felt like Spring is trying to make a comeback but cloud is now increasing as I type.

10.3 c, 71% h. Fresh W breeze.

Folkestone Harbour. 
johncs2016
10 February 2020 17:37:53

A really eventful day here in Edinburgh, just for a change.

There was a bit of sunshine during the early afternoon in particular. In the end though, a total of just 24 minutes of sunshine was recorded for the whole of today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

The rest of the day has been dominated by frequent showers and longer outbreaks of sleet and snow which in the end, has finally given us our first covering of snow of this entire winter (I have gone more into that though, in the latest snow reports thread).

As far as the equivalent rainfall totals from that are concerned though, that has resulted (as at 5pm this afternoon) in a total of 6.4 mm of precipitation being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank since 9am this morning, along with 5.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh and although just about all of that has fallen as sleet and snow, this still means that today will go down as yet another official "rain" day at both of those stations.

It has been a very cold day as well in the end, with today's highest temperatures actually occuring during the early hours of this morning.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was around 2°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
10 February 2020 17:41:45

Clear.

5.6c

996.8mb rising

3.8mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.