johncs2016
19 November 2019 19:45:10

This afternoon brought a little bit of sunshine but in the end, a total of just 18 minutes of sunshine was recorded for the whole of today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank reached 2.1°C which makes today our coldest day of this day of this autumn so far and in fact, today was actually colder than any day during last December and February which were two of the months which made up last winter, even though we're not yet into the actual winter as I write.

However, it has now completely clouded over and as a result of that, the temperatures are now refusing to drop. There is even a bit of light rain around but as per usual for this part of the world, that is still refusing to amount to anything.

This means that we have now returned to our usual borefest once again.  Since this isn't the moaning thread, I won't go any more into that here, but expect this to be my last contribution here for a while as a result.

For all that it is worth though, the temperature at 7pm this evening was atill at around 1°C which is no lower than where it was at, at 1pm this afternoon.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Tim A
19 November 2019 20:25:08
0.7c and misty after a high of 3.2c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

Norseman
19 November 2019 22:32:46
Rain falling here with an air temp of -1C. Freezing on impact. A rather unusual occurrence here, especially in November. If the temp stays below freezing for another hour or so it will be my first ice day of the season.