ARTzeman
08 November 2019 10:49:31

Met Office Hadley             8.2c.          Anomaly        0.2c.  Provisional to  7th.

Metcheck                          8.09c         Anomaly        1.16c

Netweather                       8.94c         Anomaly         2.04c

Peasedown  St John        9.18c       Anomaly      1.58c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
ARTzeman
09 November 2019 10:44:20

Met Office Hadley            7.9c.          Anomaly         -0.1c.    Provisional to 8th.

Metcheck                         7.58c          Anomaly         0.66c

Netweather                      8.49c          Anomaly         1.6c

Peasedown St John        8.64c        Anomaly          1.04c. 

Others just get wet.
Bertwhistle
09 November 2019 14:45:50

Currently still looking on track for cold- but of course that could be anything between 4 and 6! (or lower).

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Bertwhistle
09 November 2019 14:55:22

Obviously we're all missing GWs regular input and (no offence meant to anyone else) it doesn't quite seem complete at the moment, although we're lucky to have Art's daily updates. 

I thought I might take a pip at mid-month then. Not truly representative of course, but just as a feeler I looked at preds for Leicester which is very roughly in the middle of the triangle. We've had 8 days so the next 8 days are estimated by the Beeb to have the following averages:

7    5.5   5    5    3.5    6   6    6  (at time of posting).

I make that an average of 44 ÷ 8 = 5.5.

Coupled with the current 8 days which Art has posted as 7.9 and we have a 16 day average un-adjusted of about 6.7. I'll need the second half-month to be bloomin cold to get close to my prediction! 

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
09 November 2019 15:49:35

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Obviously we're all missing GWs regular input and (no offence meant to anyone else) it doesn't quite seem complete at the moment, although we're lucky to have Art's daily updates. 

I thought I might take a pip at mid-month then. Not truly representative of course, but just as a feeler I looked at preds for Leicester which is very roughly in the middle of the triangle. We've had 8 days so the next 8 days are estimated by the Beeb to have the following averages:

7    5.5   5    5    3.5    6   6    6  (at time of posting).

I make that an average of 44 ÷ 8 = 5.5.

Coupled with the current 8 days which Art has posted as 7.9 and we have a 16 day average un-adjusted of about 6.7. I'll need the second half-month to be bloomin cold to get close to my prediction! 

I’ll need it to stay the same for it to be near mine!  And then get a downward adjustment!  

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
10 November 2019 10:36:42

Met Office Hadley            7.3c.          Anomaly       -0.6c. Provisional to  9th.

Metcheck                         7.21c         Anomaly       0.29c

Netweather                      7.96c         Anomaly       1.07c

Peasedown St John          8.63c        Anomaly       1.03c.

Others just get wet.
Bertwhistle
10 November 2019 13:46:45

Wow; taken quite a tumble today. A point six drop in one day, over 9 days, is more than 5 degrees off the existing mean for that day. Yes- just looked; CET only 2.3 yesterday.

Add: not just the frost of the previous night, but a cold day too: only 5.8 CET max.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Stormchaser
10 November 2019 18:08:36

I'll admit, the shortfall of temps on the LTA during this chilly cyclonic regime has impressed me.

NWP modelling suggests that things may become a bit less cyclonic, mostly for northern parts, during the coming ten days. With that, night temps look to drop a little further, while day temps continue similar to of late.

Raw GFS 12z numbers give me a rough CET estimate of just 5.8*C to 19th. 

That run was among the chillest outcomes so far - and it remains that way past D10, such that a rough estimate to 25th is in the high 4s to low 5s *C. I'm not sure it can be much colder without leading to widespread lowland snowfall - for most, the wintriest it gets is a bit of sleet.

If you have any problems or queries relating to TWO you can Email [email protected] 🙂
https://twitter.com/peacockreports 
2021's Homeland Extremes:
T-Max: 30.4°C 21st Jul | T-Min: -6.8°C New Years Day! | Wettest Day: 34.1mm 2nd Oct | Ice Days: 2 (27th Jan & 8th Feb)
Keep Calm and Forecast On
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
10 November 2019 19:04:27

Looks like being the second below average CET month!  I think I’ve gone too high!  

Bertwhistle
10 November 2019 21:30:18

Originally Posted by: Stormchaser 

I'll admit, the shortfall of temps on the LTA during this chilly cyclonic regime has impressed me.

NWP modelling suggests that things may become a bit less cyclonic, mostly for northern parts, during the coming ten days. With that, night temps look to drop a little further, while day temps continue similar to of late.

Raw GFS 12z numbers give me a rough CET estimate of just 5.8*C to 19th. 

That run was among the chillest outcomes so far - and it remains that way past D10, such that a rough estimate to 25th is in the high 4s to low 5s *C. I'm not sure it can be much colder without leading to widespread lowland snowfall - for most, the wintriest it gets is a bit of sleet.

Thanks James. Like a coffee fix. Please keep us updated with your perspective as I'm all at sea right now!

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
Bertwhistle
10 November 2019 21:35:09

Okay, a third of the way through the month; if anyone's interested, I went for 5.24.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
ARTzeman
11 November 2019 10:35:54

Met Office Hadley           7.1c.         Anomaly         -0.8c.  Provisional to 10th.

Metchcheck                    7.07c        Anomaly          0.15c

Netweather                    7.8c          Anomaly          0.91c

Peasedown St John        8.32c       Anomaly       0.72c.       

Others just get wet.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
11 November 2019 16:02:36

Originally Posted by: Bertwhistle 

Okay, a third of the way through the month; if anyone's interested, I went for 5.24.

I reckon that was a good call and you’ll be closer than me. I went for 6.5c.  

ARTzeman
11 November 2019 16:41:35

6.7c Is my guess.

Others just get wet.
Col
  • Col
  • Advanced Member
11 November 2019 18:44:27
I've gone for 6.58C.
I'm starting to think now that I should have been braver and gone lower given that there is little indication in the reliable timeframe of even average, let alone milder conditions. However there is a lot at stake for me and under the circumstances I thought it wiser to play it relatively safe.
Col
Bolton, Lancashire
160m asl
Snow videos:
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3QvmL4UWBmHFMKWiwYm_gg
springsunshine
11 November 2019 19:00:13

Although I don`t participate in the CET comp anymore,it seems we are on course for the coldest November since 1993. Winter has well and truly arrived very early and it could be a long one lasting many months!

Hungry Tiger
11 November 2019 20:46:16

Originally Posted by: springsunshine 

Although I don`t participate in the CET comp anymore,it seems we are on course for the coldest November since 1993. Winter has well and truly arrived very early and it could be a long one lasting many months!

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

Spring Sun Winter Dread
11 November 2019 20:49:41
Could also finish as the coldest autumn since 1993 if we end up below 5c for November by my calculations . It's a big ask though
Ally Pally Snowman
11 November 2019 21:34:54

I've gone way too high again 7.9c I am really rubbish at this game. Probably gone 3c to much! 

Bishop's Stortford 85m ASL.
Jonesy
12 November 2019 08:56:00

I'll need a heatwave to get close  After missing a couple of months worth of predictions also, I think the wooden spoon might be coming to Kent this year 

Medway Towns (Kent)
The Weather will do what it wants, when it wants, no matter what data is thrown at it !