Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
06 October 2019 03:15:23

Good morning!  Steady rain and a light breeze. 10.7c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
06 October 2019 06:03:51

Wet

13.7c

1006.9mb falling

7.0mm

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
06 October 2019 06:44:21

A thoroughly wet and miserable start to today here in Edinburgh within what has now ended up being a really miserable weekend in this part of the world.

So far since the the current official observation day started yesterday at 09:00 UTC, a total of 15.6 mm of rain has fallen at Edinburgh Gogarbank along with 17.0 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

That has already made today our wettest day of this month so far by quite a considerable margin, and it is still raining quite heavily here as I write.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 9.7°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank and 9.3°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh and so, it was the mildest night of this month so far.

However, the temperature at 7am this morning has just dipped to slightly below those official minimum temperatures and it is currently around 9°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
ktaylor
06 October 2019 06:50:16

Good morning overnight low of 11.7c. Currently raining 14.4c.  Humidity 97%. Dew point 14.0c. Air pressure 1007.9mb. Rain last 24hr 10.0mm. Wind 2-5mph. Moon-first quarter. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
06 October 2019 06:56:51

10C with heavy rain, almost 10mm however the back edge of it is not far away at least the heavy stuff.

marco 79
06 October 2019 07:40:05
Overcast and wet from recent rain..light W breeze ..12.2c..1008mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
bradders
06 October 2019 08:41:14

Cloudy with frequent showers on a WNW breeze.

Temp 11.9C

Overnight low 11.0C

Rain since midnight 7.8mm (plus 3.5mm yesterday evening).

Pressure 1008mb.

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
idj20
06 October 2019 10:13:33

The rain appeared to have moved through Kent sooner than I thought and the sun is coming out as I type. Got a nice soaking 13 mm out of it, though, good for my lawn.

However, a brisk NW breeze is making the current 15.6 c feel quite cold. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
briggsy6
06 October 2019 10:14:27

Still reasonably sunny and bright here. What happened to the doomsday warnings of 18 hrs of persistant rain? Is it moving down from the North as I write this?

richardabdn
06 October 2019 10:25:47

Yet another absolutely revolting complete write-off day 

Vile SE winds yet again 

Vile light rain yet again though it did increase in intensity for a while to reach 29mm/hr but it's back to the drizzle now 

Vile temperatures again. At 9.6C currently it's lower than it was all night 

How can anyone be expected to put up with this constant misery? It's like being on the west coast of Ireland. Two complete write-off weekends in a row that have been the two worst weekends of the year. Given the succession of utter dross this year has produced that really is saying something.

No useable weather for a fortnight. Can't get any exercise, can't get any clothes dried, stuck indoors constantly. A living hell 

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
tallyho_83
06 October 2019 11:30:14

Originally Posted by: richardabdn 

No useable weather for a fortnight. Can't get any exercise, can't get any clothes dried, stuck indoors constantly. A living hell 

This isn't the moan tread Richard?!

I know how you feel i just put heating on but then again house get's too hot!!

Back to hear and now in Exeter - blustery at the moment! 18c.

Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

johncs2016
06 October 2019 11:50:30

The rain is getting lighter here now, but it has never stopped raining since it first started before midnight and it is still raining here just now as I write.

The result of this is that a total of 19.0 mm of rain fell at Edinburgh Gogarbank during the 24 hours up to 09:00 UTC (10am this morning, BST), along with 22.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

In addition to that, a total of 1.2 mm of rain has fallen during the current observation day which started at 09:00 UTC (10am this morning, BST) so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon along with 2.4 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, so today is officially, yet another rain day at both of those stations even going by by new system for reporting that.

Not surprisingly with all of that going on, nothing in the way of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 12 noon.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 12 noon was around 10.5°C with a keen wind having also picked up which is coming straight in from off the North Sea.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Elstevio
06 October 2019 12:16:34
Very very wet. 33mm of rain since 6am and it is now getting harder. Currentl rain rate 8mm per hour. Wonder what total we will end up with when this finishes. Amber warning for floods now issued for our area. Can’t remember too many of those for here.
Aylsham, North Norfolk
johnr
06 October 2019 12:29:51

Originally Posted by: Elstevio 

Very very wet. 33mm of rain since 6am and it is now getting harder. Currentl rain rate 8mm per hour. Wonder what total we will end up with when this finishes. Amber warning for floods now issued for our area. Can’t remember too many of those for here.

Looks as if it has stalled over Norfolk, with heavy rain showing in the radar. A bit further south in Suffolk, we had persistent moderate rainfall for much of the night until about noon, when things shifted northwards a few miles.

Mickfield, Mid Suffolk
mr rain
06 October 2019 12:30:41
Some serious rainfall here in the Great Yarmouth and Lowestoft area at the mo , I've recorded 60.3mm since midnight and there's no end in sight
Hopton-On-Sea , Norfolk
ARTzeman
  • ARTzeman
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
06 October 2019 13:28:51

Scattered cloud. Sunny periods.  16.0c.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
06 October 2019 14:37:05

Light rain cleared to sunshine mid morning and the breeze picked up. Just right for drying washing. 15.8c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Bertwhistle
06 October 2019 14:42:14

17.5 reached today; a degree cooler now and the sunshine has turned to cloud.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Elstevio
06 October 2019 18:06:28
Finished on 41.5mm, 5mm short of my all time October record. A lot of flooding in Norfolk tonight.
Aylsham, North Norfolk