Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
03 October 2019 03:41:04

Good morning all!  Calm, clear and frosty. 0.5c. Brrr!

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
03 October 2019 05:19:37
Cloudy with light winds to 5 mph.
7·0 c. Humidity 85% Rh.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
ktaylor
03 October 2019 06:04:02

First frost of the season and the puddles are frozen. Overnight low of 1.4c. Currently clear with some cloud 1.5c. Humidity 96%. Dew point 1.0c. Air pressure 1021.4mb. Rain last 24hr  0.0mm. Wind light. Moon-waxing crescent. 

Come on you spurs
Save ryarsh stop the quarry
https://www.ryarshprotectiongroup.com 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
03 October 2019 06:25:29
Ground frost but air is hovering just above freezing with lowest so far +0.1C
It could yet drop just below even though sun is peeping, we often seem to get a new minimum just after sunrise when any light breeze drops right out.
marco 79
03 October 2019 06:52:05
Clouding over after a chilly clear start...min of 0.3c...currently 3.5c in calm conditions..1019mb
Home : Mid Leicestershire ...135m ASL
bradders
03 October 2019 07:27:57

Cloudy this morning but still with frost covered roofs.

Temp 3.3C

Overnight low 2.1C

Pressure 1018mb 

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
richardabdn
03 October 2019 07:35:17
Day 13 of unrelenting crap. Thoroughly depressing yet again with full overcast. Not remotely cold overnight with a min of 5.6C.

This week has been utterly disgusting. Cold, windy and drizzly filth without any decent cold nights. Didn't come close to beating the current coldest night way back on 8th September and we managed far colder nights at the start of last October.
Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
johncs2016
03 October 2019 07:47:32

Another bright and sunny start to yet another day here in Edinburgh, after an even colder night than the previous night.

Thanks to data from another site which I have just discovered at weatherobs.com, I can confirm that last night's overnight minimum temperature (and not just the lowest hourly reading for there) at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh was 1.7°C.

However, last night's overnight minimum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was just 0.2°C and at Edinburgh Airport, the lowest hourly temperature reading was 0°C which means that it is likely that we might even have had our first official air frost of this season there last night if we have known what the actual minimum temperature was for there, and maybe even the if lowest hourly reading for there had been reported to the nearest 0.1°C rather than the nearest 1°C.

Meanwhile though, the temperature at 8am this morning was 1.2°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 0°C at Edinburgh Airport and 1.7°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh with a total of 6 minutes of sunshine already being recorded at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning (yesterday, a total of 9.0 hours of sunshine was recorded for there in the end which has set quite a decent standard for the sunniest day of this month).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
idj20
03 October 2019 07:56:52

Got down to as low as 4.6 c even here at the far south eastern end of Kent. Rare to experience that even in deep winter. 😂 Now "recovering" to 9 c as high cloud spill in from the Atlantic after a clear start. 

Folkestone Harbour. 
four
  • four
  • Advanced Member
03 October 2019 08:02:37

Originally Posted by: four 

Ground frost but air is hovering just above freezing with lowest so far +0.1C
It could yet drop just below even though sun is peeping, we often seem to get a new minimum just after sunrise when any light breeze drops right out.

-0.3 at 07:40

AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
03 October 2019 08:18:46

High cloud cover thick enough to make the sun barely visible; calm; dry.

3.8*C (minimum 1.8*C from 5.45am-7.00am); 95%RH.

1018.0mb steady.

Time to turn the heating on, chaps!

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
johncs2016
03 October 2019 10:38:16
I haven't been able to find actual human readable data for the minimum grass temperatures at Edinburgh Gogarbank. However, I did find the raw SYNOP data for 06:00 UTC this morning which I was able to find at ogimet.com. Upon decoding that data, I discovered that last night's minimum grass temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was -4°C which means that we did have an official ground frost there last night, even though I didn't actually manage to see any of that.

So far, a total of 1.4 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 11am this morning, but it has now clouded over the day is once again descending into yet another dull and overcast borefest.

Meanwhile, the temperature here in Edinburgh has now recovered to just below 10°C here in Edinburgh as at 11am this morning.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Rob K
03 October 2019 11:12:50

Relented and fired up the woodburner for a couple of hours last night as we still don't have any of the electric heating on (and hopefully won't need to for a while yet). Low was just about dead on zero this morning.

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
03 October 2019 13:42:37

Defrosted windscreen for a second morning.  A beautiful orange/yellow sunrise but cloud cover from mid morning onwards. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
ARTzeman
03 October 2019 13:46:06

Cloudy .Dry Some limited amount of sunshine

15.8 c. Humidity 65% Rh. 

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
03 October 2019 22:21:09

It's now raining quite heavily here in Edinburgh as I write, thanks to ex-Hurricane Lorenzo (which has now been renamed by Met Éireann as Storm Lorenzo). After an increasingly dismal day as well, a total of just 1.4 hours of sunshine was recorded for today in the end at Edinburgh Gogarbank with nothing at all in that department since 11am this morning.

After sifting through some METAR data (this time for Edinburgh Airport), I discovered that the temperature at Edinburgh Airport actually briefly got down to -1°C at 6:20am this morning. That reading wasn't part of the hourly data which was reported by weathercast.co.uk for that station, but this was enough to mean that we did after all, have our first official air frost of this season at that particular station.

That is unlikely to happen again tomorrow morning, but today has been a fairly chilly one nevertheless as today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank was just 10.8°C which makes today, our coldest day of this autumn so far.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11pm tonight was around 8°C here in Edinburgh with a total of 2.6 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today will therefore, go down as an official rain day as a result (the first one of this month if we go by the official line of taking the start of each day to be at 09:00 UTC).