Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member Topic Starter
16 August 2019 18:59:26

Rain has set in here too and it’s getting dark early, it’s a bit breezy too!  A curl up in front of the TV or early to bed night! 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
roadrunnerajn
16 August 2019 19:01:18
Rain started here at 07:00 and has now petered to a drizzle with low cloud and a fresh WSW breeze. 16.5c
With some of the trees turning colour it does feel like autumn.
Germoe, part of the breakaway Celtic Republic.
Stewart
16 August 2019 20:25:01
Blimey. That's 12 hours continuous rain here in Oxfordshire. Took the day off to have a walk on the Downs with Mrs E. Got the lightest of the rain whilst out, hammering down since.
Stewart
Southmoor or Harwell, Oxfordshire
ARTzeman
16 August 2019 20:41:33

Overcast most of the day. Plenty of rain 13.8mm 

17.0c. Humidity 97% Rh.

10013 hPa SSW Breeze 8 - 17 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
16 August 2019 20:47:37
For a day which was forecast to be the worst day of this week in terms of our weather, it has actually turned out to be not too bad here in Edinburgh. Just as we have seen so often during the last week, it has been yet another day with very little in the way of rainfall despite there being plenty of rain in today's forecast.

There has been a lot of cloud around although in the end, a total of 4.3 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Today has been very windy with maximum wind gusts at Edinburgh Gogarbank of up to 39.1mph from the SSW, but even that wind has now died down.

I mentioned earlier on that I wouldn't be surprised if the temperature here in Edinburgh got up to around 20°C or 21°C, and that is exactly what ended up happening as today's maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank did indeed, reach 21.5°C.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 9pm tonight was still at a rather warm 18°C.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
16 August 2019 21:00:49
An autumnal kind of day with plenty of rain... good soaking type rain even if totals aren't especially high.

8.5mm and counting