richardabdn
14 August 2019 17:49:32

There was at least interesting convective skies yesterday but today is back to the extremely tedious and grim drizzly horror that has been so common since the start of July. Max of 16.5C.

Aberdeen: The only place that misses out on everything

2023 - The Year that's Constantly Worse than a Bad November
Gusty
14 August 2019 18:51:57

A cloudy day with rain, drizzle and hill fog after a dry and bright start.

16.5c following a high of just 17.9c.

(We have had two consecutive sub 20c maxes and sub 10c mins)

RH 96%. Dewpoint 16c

1009.5 mb falling

Wind SW 18 mph

Rain today so far = 4.6mm

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

ARTzeman
14 August 2019 20:17:25

Cloudy. Drizzle stopped

17.0c. Humidity 95 % Rh.

Breeze 4 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
14 August 2019 20:41:29

Today has been a complete borefest from start to finish with virtually nothing at all actually happening all day in terms of our weather.

It has been a day of constant grey skies with only the odd occasional patch of blue sky and in the end, nothing at all in the way of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank. That makes today our second completely sunless day of this month and our 9th sunless day of this summer.

There's been barely any rain here today either. There was a brief shower of rain during the latter part of this afternoon was enough to make today the 12th day in a row which has failed to stay completely dry at Edinburgh Gogarbank and/or the botanic gardens in Edinburgh. However, that has only resulted in a total of 0.4 mm of rain being recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 9pm tonight along with just 0.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

When you add all of that up, it couldn't really be any boring than that which means that during today at least, where I live surely has to have been the most boring part of the UK when it comes to our weather (or rather, the lack of any sort of "weather" in this case).

Temperatures have been rather disappointing once again with today's actual maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank only reaching 17.5°C.

However, the temperature at 9pm tonight is still at just over 16°C here in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.