DeeDee
26 July 2019 11:10:15

Interesting, despite cooling today down to +21c, my gauge is showing 99% humidity 🤔 never seen that before in UK 

Harpenden, Herts.
chelseagirl
26 July 2019 11:21:49
Don’t usually report on here as all I have is a bonky old thermometer outside. But, this is saying 29 degrees and it is very humid. Getting cloudier as I type too. Dog not happy, as I promised him it would be cooler today!
The Fenlands of Cambridgeshire
ARTzeman
26 July 2019 11:23:12

Cloudy with some sunny intervals.

13.0c. Humidity 57% Rh.

1011 hPa. WSW breeze  5 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
johncs2016
26 July 2019 11:34:21
I could really do with an end to this heat and humidity now which we are currently experiencing just now.

It did become fairly overcast for a while during this morning which has helped to make things not quite as hot as what they were yesterday. However, that cloud is breaking up all the time with the Sun making more of an appearance over time and although this has resulted in a total of just 1.1 hours of sunshine being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Airport as at 12 noon, we're still not getting any proper relief whatsoever from that heat and humidity and in fact, it is even warmer today at Edinburgh Airport than what it was yesterday.

With that in mind, the temperature at 12 noon was 22.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank (where I don't think that the temperature will be going over 30°C this time), 24°C at Edinburgh Airport and 21.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh (where the temperature is now refusing to rise any further).

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
johncs2016
26 July 2019 11:35:50

Originally Posted by: ARTzeman 

Cloudy with some sunny intervals.

13.0c. Humidity 57% Rh.

1011 hPa. WSW breeze  5 mph.

13.0c seems a bit cool, so I'm sure that you probably mean 23.0°C.

I of course, always like to point out an Arty typo when I see one.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
Bertwhistle
26 July 2019 11:44:14

Didn't expect to be up to 24C before noon.

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
doctormog
26 July 2019 12:10:46
25.0°C with light winds and partly cloudy here and still feeling quite humid.
idj20
26 July 2019 16:10:01

Incidentally, temperatures are creeping down to 23 c here at Folkestone, that's 15 c lower than on this hour exactly 24 hours ago. The weak cold front is finally pushing the plume of warm air on but it will take longer for the warm air inside my house to leech out (currently 33 c in my famed west-facing hobby room). Also humidity has risen to 80% so the dewpoint of 19 c remains the same as it has been throughout the recent warm weather.

However, it is still dry and fair with hazy sunny spells and partial cloud with no rain during the day.

Folkestone Harbour. 
bradders
26 July 2019 16:11:18

Following on from my post this morning at 8:34:43 when I was complaining that the house was like an oven. I should have mentioned the inside temperature.

The outside temp was 23.1C , overnight low was 22.9C while the indoor temperature was 27.2C.  No heating on of course and almost every window has been open all day. But the indoor temperature is still 26.6C. Outside temp is now 24.8C

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
johncs2016
26 July 2019 16:40:01

This is turning out to be a very frustrating day indeed  because I mentioned earlier on that I could really do with some rain here to cool things down here. Some rain has just moved up from the south but rather annoyingly, it has passed just to our east and continues to refuse to fall in this part of the world whilst many other parts of the UK have at least had some rain during the last 24 hours with even some thunderstorms in places.

Because we are just not getting that rain here, I am still sweltering and although we don't have those 30+°C temperatures which we had during yesterday, it is still too warm for my liking.

In fact, all that has happened during today is that the day here, has descended into yet another dull and overcast borefest with constant grey skies and with nothing which is even remotely interesting in terms of our weather actually, so this surely has to remove any doubts about where I live here in Edinburgh being the most boring part of the UK on average when it comes to our weather (or rather, the lack of any sort of "interesting" weather on this occasion).

The result of this is that the rather disappointing total of just 2.1 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 5pm this afternoon.

Today's provisional maximum temperatures based on the hourly readings from weathercast.co.uk are 23.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank (where it is a lot cooler than those record breaking temperatures which were recorded there during yesterday), 25°C at Edinburgh Airport (which is actually hotter than what it was there during yesterday) and 24.8°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh (which is only slightly cooler than yesterday).

Meanwhile, the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was 21.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 21°C at Edinburgh Airport and 21.9°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Snow Hoper
26 July 2019 16:43:51
Sunny skies 27.3C, cloud has come and gone, few spots of rain at times. Top temp 28.4C.
Going to war over religion is like killing each other to see who has the better imaginary friend.

Home : Thorndon, Suffolk.
Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
26 July 2019 17:14:41

Mostly cloudy this afternoon with a couple of light showers but warm and humid. Currently sunny and 26c. 

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
Rob K
26 July 2019 18:46:50

Looks like with the dearth of weather stations in East Anglia the daily max was all the way up in Lossiemouth at 28.9C today. Although Charsfield might have beaten that: highest hourly was 28.7C there. 

Yateley, NE Hampshire, 73m asl
"But who wants to be foretold the weather? It is bad enough when it comes, without our having the misery of knowing about it beforehand." — Jerome K. Jerome
johncs2016
26 July 2019 19:11:55
Today's actual maximum temperature at Edinburgh Gogarbank has been confirmed as 24.8°C which is less than 1°C higher than the highest hourly reading at that station, and more than 7°C cooler than yesterday's record breaking maximum temperature there, although even that is still too warm for my liking (no surprise there has been nothing (not even a bit of rain) here to cool down this air mass properly since those record breaking temperatures were reached).

johncs2016
26 July 2019 21:43:03
Light rain is now falling here in Edinburgh but this hasn't amounted to anything just yet, it is still very warm and humid, and I'm continuing to sweat profusely.

Since this evening was mostly overcast, the very disappointing total of 2.2 hours of sunshine was recorded for today in the end at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 10pm tonight was 18.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 19°C at Edinburgh Airport and 18.5°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.