johncs2016
11 July 2019 23:05:05

It's a bit cloudier now and in the end, a total of 4.4 hours of sunshine was recorded for yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

In the end, a total of 7.8 mm of rain fell during yesterday at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 11pm last night was 14.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 15°C at Edinburgh Airport and 15.6°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
11 July 2019 23:57:51
Topped at 27C

Currently 20.3C @1am

A little warmer towards town but unsure how warm as no thermometer
tallyho_83
12 July 2019 00:12:48
Very uncomfortable and sultry for sleeping it's 19.5c here in Exeter and it's 1am. :/

There isn't even much point having a fan on as it will only permutate/assist the warm air! Indoor room temp is 26c.

At least during that mini heatwave end of June night time temps were down below 15c here but it's the 3rd night where by night time temps have failed to fall below 15c.
Home Location - Kellands Lane, Okehampton, Devon (200m ASL)
---------------------------------------
Sean Moon
Magical Moon
www.magical-moon.com

Caz
  • Caz
  • Advanced Member
12 July 2019 03:29:41

Calm and dry with patchy cloud. 13.2c

Market Warsop, North Nottinghamshire.
Join the fun and banter of the monthly CET competition.
NMA
  • NMA
  • Advanced Member
12 July 2019 06:18:27
17C part cloud and calm.
Vale of the Great Dairies
South Dorset
Elevation 60m 197ft
Skreever
12 July 2019 06:48:02
Cloudy, dry, the heavy mist gone for now

Wind NE slight breeze

Temp 11.3C

Veteran of winter of 62/63
By Scapa Flow, Orkney
johncs2016
12 July 2019 08:00:36

This morning started off rather cloudy with the odd shower around. However, the Sun is increasingly coming through once again and there is quite a lot of blue sky to my north.

This therefore looks like being yet another day where showers are forecast, but where it wouldn't surprise me if we never actually get any of them here as has been the case so often in these parts during recent months.

That earlier odd shower has resulted in a total of just 0.2 mm of rain being recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 8am this morning but along with 2.2 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where today will therefore go down as yet another official rain day as a result.

Last night was rather warm and muggy here once again, though not quite as warm as other recent nights.

Last night's overnight minimum temperature was 13.4°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 13°C at Edinburgh Airport and 13.9°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 8am this morning around 13.9°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 14°C at Edinburgh Airport and 14.2°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
AJ*
  • AJ*
  • Advanced Member
12 July 2019 08:32:40

Typical fair-weather cumulus, light NW breeze, dry.

21*C; 65%RH.

1011.5mb steady.

It is now 16 days since we had a day with more than 1mm rain, and watering the garden is a regular evening occupation.  I must read my water meter and work out what the next bill is likely to be.

Angus; one of the Kent crew on TWO.
Tonbridge, 40m (131ft) asl
idj20
12 July 2019 09:30:27

Considering it is 10 am and yet is 24 c & 60% h with some sunshine & lumpy cumulus here at Folkestone, it is feeling remarkably fresh in the mod NW breeze.

A side thought, why do I keep spotting loads of typos AFTER posting but never appear when quickly proofreading before hitting the send button?

Folkestone Harbour. 
bradders
12 July 2019 10:30:01

The late afternoon thunderstorm yesterday gave 10.5mm of rain.

Cloudy and damp this morning.

( No temperatures as I`m trying to reset the rain sensor after instructions from TFA, which involves removing batteries from the rain sensor and the base station, putting them back in after 20 minutes and leaving them next to each other for 3 hours.) Hope it works.

Eric. Cheadle Hulme, Stockport.
ARTzeman
12 July 2019 10:59:56

Broken cloud. Sunny intervals.

22.0c. Humidity 56% Rh.

1016 hPa. NW Breeze 7 mph.

Some people walk in the rain.
Others just get wet.
I Just Blow my horn or trumpet
picturesareme
12 July 2019 11:18:25
twas a warm summers night last with a low of 18.4C

Currently partly cloudy and 24.1C
Tim A
12 July 2019 11:29:11
Partly cloudy with sunny spells
20.0c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

johncs2016
12 July 2019 13:04:16
Once again, this is turning into another perfect summer's day which I think, probably proves once and for all that we can now safely ignore any official forecast for showers in this this part of the world as these inevitably never actually end up happening these days.

There is still some cloud around, but the amounts of cloud aren't increasing in any way as at at 1pm this afternoon, a total of 2.7 hours of sunshine has been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 1pm this afternoon.

It is also another warm day and this is now only the first time during this summer, that the temperature in this part of the world has gone above 70°F for three or more consecutive days in a row.

With that in mind, the temperature at 1pm this afternoon was 21.1°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 21°C at Edinburgh Airport and 21.1°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

idj20
12 July 2019 13:28:38

A summer-like day so far with sunny spells and partial cloud, it seems that the cumulus are struggling to get large enough to produce showers and so the dryness continues.

It may be warm at 27.5 c with a nice low 45% h but the cloud coming and going and the mod NW breeze mean I'm not really in the mood to break out the garden chair yet.

Folkestone Harbour. 
Hungry Tiger
12 July 2019 14:07:52

A very pleasant 23C

Gavin S. FRmetS.
TWO Moderator.
Contact the TWO team - [email protected]
South Cambridgeshire. 93 metres or 302.25 feet ASL.

doctormog
12 July 2019 14:28:31
At 10am here in Alexandria VA it is a sunny and warm 28degC (dewpoint 21).
Tim A
12 July 2019 14:41:25
Lovely summers day.
Long sunny spells.
22.1c

Tim
NW Leeds
187m asl

POD
  • POD
  • Advanced Member
12 July 2019 16:01:16

Sunny spells.

24.4c

1014.7mb steady

Pat, Crawley Down, West Sussex.
johncs2016
12 July 2019 16:42:51

There has been a lot of decent sunshine during the early part of this afternoon in particular and as a result of that, a total of 4.2 hours of sunshine has now been recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank.

It then clouded over and for a while, it had looked as though the day was just descending into yet another one of our more typical dull and overcast grey borefests until the heavens then suddenly opened with quite a bit of heavy rain.

At the moment, it is still too early for that to have registered as any actual recorded rainfall at any of my three local stations as at 5pm this afternoon but as I write, it is still raining quite heavily.

Yet, today was once again, the warmest day of this month so far at all three of my local stations as today's maximum temperature was 22.0°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 23°C at Edinburgh Airport and 23.4°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh where today was also the warmest day of this year so far as a result.

However, the temperatures have now dropped quite a bit during the last hour or so, and so the temperature at 5pm this afternoon was 20.4°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 19°C at Edinburgh Airport and 18.5°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.