Bertwhistle
12 July 2019 16:44:17

Currently 24.5C; reached 25.8C. Broken cloud and hot sunshine

Bertie, Itchen Valley.
'We'll never see 40 celsius in this country'.
Crepuscular Ray
12 July 2019 18:22:20
A good couple of hours of showery rain here in Edinburgh and feeling much cooler
Jerry
Edinburgh, in the frost hollow below Blackford Hill
johncs2016
12 July 2019 19:00:24

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

A good couple of hours of showery rain here in Edinburgh and feeling much cooler

It looks as though this rainfall is very localised once again though because whilst this particular rainfall event has resulted in a total of 2.2 mm of rain being recorded from that at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh as at 7pm this evening, absolutely none of that is even registering at Edinburgh Gogarbank where today's total as at 7pm remains unchanged as a result, at the rather measly figure of 0.2 mm which was recorded there during this morning.

This means that there are clearly still parts of Edinburgh where what I said about us never getting any showers which are forecast, is still holding true as I write although where I live here in the north of Edinburgh is clearly not one such area this time.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
picturesareme
12 July 2019 19:22:29
Mid to upper 20's again the region however i only managed 26.7C which is cooler than yesterday.
Crepuscular Ray
12 July 2019 19:23:02
Absolutely chucking it down here now in south Edinburgh after 3 hours of rain. Not good for my big return to the city after 9 weeks down south in Yorkshire!
I'll be heading back south again Monday
Jerry
Gusty
12 July 2019 19:27:23

A fine and warm day with variable cloud and sunny spells at times in a light to moderate NW'ly breeze. 

Currently 21.4c following a high of 26.2c 

Steve - Folkestone, Kent
Current conditions from my Davis Vantage Vue
https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFOLKE11 
Join Kent Weather on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/stevewall69/ 

Crepuscular Ray
12 July 2019 19:29:28
Watching the Hearts game....looks like a midwinter game with soaking wet players. Still pouring here
Jerry
johncs2016
12 July 2019 19:42:48

Originally Posted by: Crepuscular Ray 

Watching the Hearts game....looks like a midwinter game with soaking wet players. Still pouring here

I can also add that the rain has now finally made its way to Edinburgh Gogarbank as a total of 2.6 mm of rain has now been recorded there in just the last hour alone, and that by itself means that today will now go down as yet another official rain day as a result at both Edinburgh Gogarbank and the botanic gardens in Edinburgh, thus making today the fourth day in a row which has gone as an official rain day at both of those stations.

Since you mentioned a certain Edinburgh-based football team there, I can probably tell from that which team you support. Although they are on the opposite side of the Edinburgh divide from where my own football allegiances lie though, I will refrain from making any further comment on that here as that is a matter for the sports forum on this site, or any other appropriate forum elsewhere.

The north of Edinburgh, usually always missing out on snow events which occur not just within the rest of Scotland or the UK, but also within the rest of Edinburgh.
johncs2016
12 July 2019 22:00:43
This has been an evening where there has been quite a lot of heavy rain at times here in Edinburgh and although it doesn't appear to be raining just now as I write, it is still overcast just now.

The result of this is that in the end, a total of 4.2 hours of sunshine was recorded for today at Edinburgh Gogarbank, but with nothing at all in that department since 5pm this afternoon.

At the same time, a total of 4.2 mm of rain has now been recorded for today so far at Edinburgh Gogarbank as at 10pm tonight, along with 8.8 mm at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.

Overall, this has been a very disappointing end to what at one point in time, had actually been about our best day of this entire summer so far as regards to actual decent summer weather.

Meanwhile, the temperature at 10pm tonight was 15.8°C at Edinburgh Gogarbank, 15°C at Edinburgh Airport and 15.9°C at the botanic gardens in Edinburgh.